bevin, no Brazil?

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2012

Poor Bevin.....:)

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2012

hi all, wish we were going to Brazil.  Maybe Bevin was in Maryland, Kansas or Illinois when she bought the ticket?  LOL.  Glad to see everyone had an okay weeks. 

Need to pick a date for April.  Everyone pick a date and majority wins. 

Cleaned the house today and DH finished kids bathroom, really nice, green (moss) and browns.  I want to trade bathrooms, only problem, my bathroom is right off my bedroom so they'd need to come into my room to use that bathroom, ummmm no. hahaha My bedroom is my safe haven.  Loved when they climbed into bed with us when they were little, now if they come into my room it's usually for money, clothes, etc...

Love,

Maureen

• comingtoterms
    comingtoterms Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2012

Isn't that the truth, Maureen! I remember when my biggest frustration/exhaustion was cleaning up Cheerios and spilled apple juice.... ah....

Those were the good ole days, and I didn't realize it at the time! I live in Lakeview, which is in the town of Hamburg. Let me know about your next lunch date? Maybe I can make it to this one. I am a teacher, so Spring Break is coming and it cannot happen soon enough. I work in Alt Ed for Erie 1 BOCES and each year gets more and more difficult. Bigger classrooms and more and more sad situations with my students. I often feel that I am more of a Social Worker/Counselor than a teacher. My heart breaks for my kids....     Tammy

• Maureen813
    edited April 2012

Hope you can make it to the lunch. Teaching profession is a common career with a few of the women, you'll have a lot in common. 

What a dreary day.  I took the day off, watched TV and didn't go to church, now I'm feeling really guilty, it is Palm Sunday :( 

This month we have our anniversary, son's birthday and a divorce party.  My best weekend is 14th or 21st.  Betty, what are you working?  How is everyone else's schedule. 

Love,

Maureen 

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited April 2012

Hi Maureen, hi Tammy, I thought we had three Special Ed. teachers: you, me and Jan.  I'm retired after 30 years, Jan is retiring at the end of this year and now you. You are so right, today you are as much a counselor as you are a teacher.  Some of the home life's will break your heart.  It would be so nice to welcome you to our luncheons.  Maureen, for the first time in I don't know how long I have the house to myself, the dreariness certainly makes you less ambitious.  I had already cleaned the house, my stepdaughter came over yesterday to make us dinner with her mom, unusual but very enjoyable.  Today I am in my Bill's sweats reading and watching golf, reading "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close".  Watched the Sabres' loss, we can't cut a break with any of our teams!  Really enjoying the quiet and no taxi service, both grandchildren are at overnights from yesterday afternoon and DD had some work she wanted to finish up.  Any weekend is fine for me, I am anxious to hear about your divorce party, will both parties be there? with or without lawyers?  hugs to everyone, heymoose, haven't heard from you in awhile  Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2012

Hi, Ladies, How is everyone.  I have a bad sore throat and cold.  I might have to call the doctor tomorrow, it might be  strep.  I am working five stright and then the kids on weds. 

Tammy I hope you can make lunch, its so nice to get to gether.

I can make it on the 14th, might be in NYC on the 20th, Miss you all. I hope Bevin and Cherly can make it this time.  HUGS

t

• SusanHG
    edited April 2012

Hi everyone!

Sorry to hear your sick Betty.  Probably all this changeable weather!  Anyone one else completely chilled to the bone?  We are taking a little trip to Washington D.C. for Easter and excited if just to get to a place that is a little warmer than here!  I can make it for lunch on the 14th and the 28th.  My niece is having a house warming party on the 21st.  28th would be ideal because I will be done with my classes...forever!! so exciting...

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2012

Ha- stil crying.. 

No Brazil, But ... we'd have had a rocking time!! 

Susan- it's supposed to be nice for Easter - enjoy your trip. 

Betty- so sorry you're not feeling well.  I know a few people who have no voice - no pain, but they can't talk.  Hope you get better soon.

Karen- how are you finding the book? I have it and find it a bit odd to follow.  I was hoping I'd really like it but not so much yet.

I hope everyone else is good.   Loving the Sun today.

Bevin

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Hi everyone, the sun is so welcome today especially after yesterday.  Kelly - you have chemo this week don't you?  hope it goes more smoothly with the port.  Bevin, it is slow going but I like it, I guess I thought it would have had more to do with the 11th, as I believe Tom Hank's has a fair sized role in the movie,  A friend and I are going to watch the movie after the Easter break, it's on pay for view.  Betty, are you feeling better or did you see the doctor today.  That's a very busy schedule you are on, do you take off to rest when you are ill?  I bet I already know the answer to that, I know when my DD is working on an extensve job and putting in lots of hours, she has a tendency to get a cold or flu that won't let go. Lots of little errands to run tomorrow to put the finishing touches on for Easter, will have to watch the weather report.  Hi to everyone else, heymoose, check in you know we worry.  hugs, Karen

• ColdenMom
    ColdenMom Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2012

Yes chemo tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, keep me posted with the lunch date that is picked, I'll see if I can make it.

Kelly

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Kelly, hoping chemo went well and the next few days are not too difficult.  Last time we heard from Heymoose was when her friend passed, please check in Cheryl, you were right the Creekside was wonderful.  We are going there again in April, Maureen is asking for good dates from us, this time we will sit in the little terrace area near the water.  We have been really quiet lately, how goes the house hunting Susan, has that man budged at all on your offer?  Jan, you should be on Spring break, bet it feels so good, Betty I hope you are all better, Maureen, hoping work has not been crazy for you.  Bevin, how about we win PCH and go to Brazil?  Hi Tammy, this would have been your last day before your break, enjoy, you've earned it.  Sunny and 50's for the next few days, then those sneaky 40's come back in, hope everyone has a Happy Easter, it is supposed to be a beautiful day.

• Maureen813
    edited April 2012

Hi All, hope the chemo went well for you Kelly.

Short post today, off to get hair cut (can you believe it?) Never thought the day would come when I said I needed a hair cut again :) Then onto a few things for Easter baskets, etc, etc..

April is going to be hard for me.  I'll make reservations and we'll go from there.  Havent heard from many on a good date to pick.  If you dont want to post on the thread, just PM me. 

Happy Easter, God Bless,  and say a prayer for the soldier and family.  DD and DS friends with younger brother.  I hope he's well in another place helping people.  He deserves only the best.

Love,

Maureen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2012

Happy Easter and Happy Passover everyone!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Love,

Bevin

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2012

Good Morning Ladies,  I hope everyone had a nice Easter.  I spent the weekend at the cottage cleaning up.  I had Easter dinner at my sisters with my family.  It was very nice.

So are we on for the 14th for lunch.  I am ready.,what time? noon.

Hope all is well, see you them.  Love ya!

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Hi all, the 14th works for me too, as do the other Sat.'s.  Had a wonderful Easter dinner with friends of the family, Betty - I discovered chocolate wine, it was gone in the first hour, I had 2 glasses, slept like a log last night!  Sound terrible but it was the hit of the dinner, besides dinner which was luscious, scalloped potatoes, my favorite.  See you all soon, hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited April 2012

ok, I'll call today for reservations for the 14th, how many?

• Maureen813
    edited April 2012

all set,  14th, same time same place.  Private message me if you need details.  at work and really busy, week, post later.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Maureen, I'll meet you at Office Depot at 11:45 again, if that's OK with you, I'm going to send Cheryl a PM tonight too. hugs, Karen

• SusanHG
    edited April 2012

Hi Everyone!  Just returned from our trip to Washington D.C.  Boy, I need a vacation from my vacation!  Shingles is tough when under stress.  My neurologist put me on gabapentin and amitriptyline for the pain, but hasn't quite kicked in yet.   I've been getting muscle spasms in my back and shoulder that gets worse when I walk for miles and miles.  I found that out rather quickly!  Slept in until 9 am today and feel better.  After reading that we are meeting on the 14th, I realized that we have a mortgage person coming to the house on Saturday at 11 am.  Not sure if I will be able to come this time, but will try if it doesn't take too long.  The next two weeks will be sooo busy for me.  I am finishing school (one presentation and a big paper) and we may be making an offer on a house.  The original house sold for the price that the guy was asking, but we did find another house in Clarence just outside Clarence Hollow.  It has a tennis court and a swimming pool.  We are going to see it again on Tuesday.  Wish us luck!  Hope to be there on Saturday, but if I am not, have a great lunch everyone!

Susan

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited April 2012

Hi All,

Sorry I have not posted in awhile.  I have been keeping up on the thread.  I will be at the lunch on Saturday.  Love the Creekview.  Catch up with everyone at lunch.

Hugs, Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited April 2012

hi, cannot get onto the site from home.  Logging in at work is difficult as well.   If you need the info, send to private e-mail.  Karen, can you send info to Kelly too?  I keep getting this down for service error report on home computer.  I'll try to check back before I leave today.  All is good, Karen, I'll meet you same place same time on Sat. BTW, DD is moving and I'm a mess, I need my BC friends to carry me through this. 

Love,
    Maureen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited April 2012

Hi Ladies, I have been having computer trouble also, its with the wireless moden I guess. Too many devices here all trying to be online and its not working well. Anyway, I will be at lunch on Sat at noon, same place as last. Can't wait to see everyone. Maureen we are here for you...its tough when they move on and out. Susan, we will miss you if you can't make it, but it sounds like you are soooo busy. Bevin, can you make it? Kelly, how are you? Can you make lunch this month? Take care everyone...see you soon. Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Hi Jan, will see you on Sat., I know when they move it is so tough, my daughter went to U of Maine and I cried all the way home, sent a PM to Kelly with all the info. Maureen, asked her to post or PM if she could make it, that we are looking forward to meeting her.  Will also PM Tammy.  Meet you at 11;45, hope it does not rain on us, but better that then snow!  See you Betty and Cheryl on Sat.,hope you can make it bevin, Susan find  a great house, will  miss your smiling face!  hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Hi Maureen, sent PM's to Tammy and Kelly yesterday, to let us know if they can make it, to either post or PM so we know the count, I didn't get any responses.  Hang on girlfriend, we are all here for you, I know you must be just reeling.  See you tomorrow.  love and hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Maureen and all, Kelly is able to make it, we will be meeting Colden Mom!!!! hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Dear Kelly, it was so nice to meet you today, I love your and your friend's plan to rescue you from the blind date, support group.  We will need to take a picture with all of us in pink, with hats on, swilling down Grasshoppers and crying, for your friend.  hugs, Karen

• ColdenMom
    ColdenMom Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2012

Karen-

Too funny!!! It was wonderful meeting you all today!! My friend called a bit ago and said, "well... How did it go???"

you are all a great group of women!

We sooo have to do do that picture!!

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited April 2012

Lunch was fun as usual...such a great group of "breast cancer ladies." Welcome Kelly. Maureen, I do like your idea of being a former breast cancer patient. It puts it in the past, which is what we all want. Hope everyone has a good Sunday......Jan

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited April 2012

Hi all, 

Lunch was wonderful today. I am sooooo happy I was able to make it.  Kelly it was great meeting you.  Susan and Bevin we missed you.  Have a great week. 

Hugs, Cheryl