Western New York Area

Comments

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited June 2012

So great to hear it, Karen!!!!!!!  Congrats Smile Hope you had sweet dreams last night.

Susan

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited June 2012

Thank you Susan, I slept like a rock, did not waken till the alarm went off, which is unusual as my cat usually wakes me at 3 or 4 as she thinks it is time for breakfast, and I dutifully feed thereby re-enforcing her behavior.  And I was a teacher!!  See you soon, do we have a June date or is it the wine tasting?  hugs, happy Karen

• ColdenMom
    ColdenMom Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2012

Karen!! Great news!!!! Celebrate!!

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited June 2012

Karen, I told you soLaughing I am so happy for you now you can relax.

Kelly, I can;t get the 16th off,  I tried, but because I am new at this job I got denied.  I am sorry I wanted to go.

How is everyone doing?  Its been quite lately. Everyone must be enjoying the weather.

I"LL be at our cottage for the 4th, lots of fireworks on the water.

Hugs Betty

• SusanHG
    edited June 2012

I still don't have a closing date for our house yet.  It is the 16th on our contract.  I will let everyone know soon!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited July 2012

Hi All,  Just returned from the mountains.  Had a great time.  Missed my DD but she talked to her brother who sent pics every day of what we were doing.  A pic from the mountain looking down at the camp, pics of tubing on the boat and pics of the fire.  Good time.  I enjoyed my kindle and no phone or internet service.  My son could get service through Verizon, but no ATT, which is my work phone.  What a shame (LOL).  Trip was a success.

Karen, great news from the path report. what a relief.

Jan, Congrads, you are officially a lady of lesiure, enjoy, well earned.

Bevin,  Hope you are on the mend with your leg, or at least can swim for physical therapy.  Is the cast off?

Kindone,  Hope you are enjoying that summer camp.  We are on the lookout, can't afford the Adirondack prices though.  All cabins we viewed are six figures.

Susan,  Any news on the move?  Hope it is smooth sailing from here.

Coldenmom, I didn't receive info on the wine tasting event.  Love to go, can you send the info?  If my sis is in town she'd go with or DH or someone.  Karen,  if you want to go, I'll drive from Office depot. Let me know.

Cheryl,  Thanks for the after dinner chat.  It meant more to me than you know.  Hope you are well.

Off to do my overwhelming amount of laundry, the downside to camping but well worth the effort.  I want to go back today.  I love it there, feeding the ducks, cooking simple meals, browsing the shops.  I did buy something for my family room, a yearly tradition.  The whole room is Adirondack style,. bears, moose, ducks et all.  This year I wanted a picture of a loon.  He teased me throughout the week by coming just close enough to get a pic, then diving underwater until he was too far away.  It was the joke of the camp, everyone would yell, Maureen, the loon and I'd come running, one day in my PJ's.  Maybe next year I'll get the picture.

Love to all ladies, and thanks for being there when I needed you the most, you'll always be my bff's.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited July 2012

So glad you had such a wonderful time, I just love camping in the Adirondacks, it is just a magical place.  Would have paid good money to watch you running in your PJ's with your camera.  You had perfect weather too.  The loon was teasing you so you'd stay, they are such a beautiful bird.  Will have to pass on the wine tasting event, I'm definitely not a wine connoisseur and it is just too far, will have to wait for the next luncheon or dinner to see my most important friends.  We have been talking about a coffee time in the Main Transit area, there is a very nice one on Clarence Center Road and Goodrich Rd, you could play hooky.  My Path. report was just what I needed to see to relax completely, all is well. love to you, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Let me know the day, hard to play hooky just getting back from vacation.  I do have a doc appt. on July 9th, could leave a little earlier, I'd have to check schedule.  I dread the thought of going back to work and all the nonsense etc. ... I feel guilty for those feelings, they were so good to me when I was ill, I owe them so much and it's such a great place to work.  I'm jealous of our retirees LOL.

• karen333
    edited July 2012

Dear Maureen, check your schedule and let us know what a good time would be and then we can see how many of  us could be there, Jan, Susan, Betty, Cheryl.bevin (let us know if you'd need a ride), Kelly, could you check your  day and time after Maureen posts.  It is really a nice cafe with a nice outdoor patio.  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Hi All, Monday coffee is out.  I'm booked till 2:30PM and have to be at doc by 3PM :(   Oh well, was a great thought, have fun.

Love,
    Maureen

• karen333
    edited July 2012

Dear Maureen, I bet you can barely remember having had a vacation, I remember that feeling so well coming back from camping and being thrust back into work to make up and work to do.  Can you  even get to the dr.'s office in a 1/2 an hour?  Jan, Susan , Bevin, all those retired and working from home are you available on the 9th for coffee?  hugs to all, Karen

• SusanHG
    edited July 2012

Good news is that Tristan is in summer camp that day, but I have chiropractor at 10:45 am.  I could do 12:30 or 1 pm, but then I have to pick my son up at 3 pm at the Buffalo Zoo.  Tight time bracket, I know.

Susan

• karen333
    edited July 2012

Jan, bevin, does 12:30 suit you, I can make it, if Susan has to leave to pick up her son, I can take you home bevin.  hugs, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited July 2012

Hi all, yes I can make a 12:30 coffee date on Monday. Are we meeting at the Clarence coffee house? I can also pick up/drop off Bevin if you can make it.

Jan

• karen333
    edited July 2012

Hi Jan, that's great, you woman of leisure.  I think it is called the Clarence Center Coffee Cafe, on the corner of Clarence Center and Goodrich , there is a large covered patio outside. That makes you, Susan, me and waiting to hear from bevin.  Bevin is that workable for you?  Karen

• karen333
    edited July 2012

Hi all, there is a great post on the inspirational thread, just do a search, type in my name, then in the subject area, things I wish I were told, it is an amazing essay.

• SusanHG
    edited July 2012

Oh Karen, that post is wonderful!! everyone should read it.

I'll see both you and Jan and maybe Bevin on Monday at Clarence Center Cafe!

Susan

• karen333
    edited July 2012

Hi Susan, I'm glad you enjoyed it - it is so much of what we feel, but written in such an eloquent way.  I agree, everyone should read it, it makes you feel that it is you writing.  Just heard from bevin, she is leaving for a vacation in North Carolina tomorrow for a week.  I just love the Outer Banks, especially the town of Duck, it is private and not as commercial.  So, it will be you, me and Jan for the first celebration of coffee time.  If anyone else feels like playing hookey, we will be at the cafe at 12:30.  love Karen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Hi All,  Enjoying our weather?  Ughhh :(  So tired of the hot weather.  I was all excited yesterday when the clouds rolled in and it started to lightening, then..... two drops of rain.  A little exaggeration but literally it was long enough to make my SUV look dirty.  It was warmer in NY than Fl. Wait until mid Feb. and I'll be complaining about the cold LOL.  I will miss your coffee date tomorrow, so sorry.  Not sure why can't play hooky but feel guilty.  I have my f/u appt with my onc tomorrow and hopefully good news,  just a routine appt. and see you in 3 months.  I'll let everyone know how it went after I get home.  Quiet weekend, just watering the lawn oh and I called the police last night.  Some intelligent person was shooting fireworks over everyone's home in the area, the really big fireworks and you could see them hitting people's roof.  With this dry weather, you'd think someone had brains not to do this.  When I called the police, the dispatcher said there were multiple complaints.  It makes you wonder what people are thinking.  Finally finished my camping laundry, returned phone calls and caught up with my BCO friends.  Hope everyone is well, enjoy the week.

Love,
    Maureen

• janhart
    edited July 2012

Hi, just checking in. Will see Karen and Susan tomorrow at 12:30 at Clarence center coffee house (cafe?). Will miss everyone else and need to see you all soon.

Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited July 2012

Hi Jan, will see you and Susan at the cafe and also need to see our whole group again, miss you ladies!  love, Karen

• SusanHG
    edited July 2012

Karen and Jan:  thank you for a wonderful lunch!! it was great to catch up with you as always.  Missed everyone else and hope to see you all soon! (Sorry, no wine tasting for me, but hope to make our next get-together).

Maureen-hope your onc. appointment went well. let us know!

Susan

• karen333
    edited July 2012

Dear Jan and Susan, well we went for coffee but ate a wonderful unusual meal with 1 coffee, 1 peach ice tea and 1 chai latte, it is a most comfortable spot and in a good location for me too. We talked about summer plans , our history of bc and my upcoming visit (next Mon) to a PS, I'm tired of what I see in the mirror, and Susan's new house, Jan's retirement, she looks so relieved already!  Missed everyone else, that's a given.  Will we have a July date?  Coffee was just  to tide us over!! hugs, Karen

• janhart
    edited July 2012

Yes we did have a nice lunch and visit. I feel so lucky to have met everyone in this group. But as Karen and Susan said, we need to see everyone soon. Maybe near the end of the month? Take care......Jan

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited July 2012

Hello Ladies,  How is everyone?  I am working alot and going to my cottage on weekends off.  I am going to Outerbanks Aug 4 for ten days.  I can't wait. 

I miss seeing all of you and can't wait to get together soon!!!!Laughing

Love Ya Betty

• SusanHG
    edited July 2012
    Miss you too, Betty!  Glad you are enjoying your cottage and have fun on vacation if we don't see you beforehand Cool
  • karen333
    edited July 2012

Outer Banks, my favorite spot, have a wonderful time Betty.  You are definitely missed at all our gatherings, be they lunches, dinners or coffee.  Miss your Buster stories, and all the smiles you bring to us.  You have been working so hard, just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Hi All, Hope everyone is well and staying cool.  Just getting ready to go grocery shopping.  Joined WW as I've gained weight since PFC.  So back to healthy eating....well kinda healthy eating.  I need my monthly martini drink.  One/month won't do harm.  Been busy at work, too busy but with unemployment rate these days, that's a good thing.  At least I tell myself that every morning.  I'm praying for rain or I'll be getting a second job for water/electricity bill.

Miss you all.  Anyone interested in a dinner or lunch at our hangout?  How's the 28th (sat) or some evening during that week.  Let me know. 

Is anyone going to the winetasting?  DH will be in town for the near future, so might be a tad difficult for this event.  Maybe I'll whine and try to drag him along.  He likes wine almost as much as grocery shopping.

Thank you for your support during my down mood.  Boy, I hope that never happens again!!  Didn't like that mental place at all. 

Love,
    Maureen

• janhart
    edited July 2012

Hi Maureen! So glad you are beginning to feel better...we were a bit worried. I've been in that down place and it's not a good place to stay for too long.

I do like the hot weather, but it is very dry. I am trying to keep flowers and garden watered...it's almost a full time job. I so much appreciate ac. It's funny because growing up we didn't have ac and somehow survived.

I'm not able to go to wine tasting. As I told Kelly, my FIL passed away on June 16 in Arizona. My MIL is coming here on Monday because we are having a memorial service. She will be staying with us and from what I gather, she may be here for 4 or 5 weeks. This should be interesting. I'll need some wine tasting afterwards, I'm sure.

Sat. July 28 looks good for me for lunch. I could probably do most any night the following week.

Hope everyone is doing well.....Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited July 2012

The 28th works for me, plus any time in the week after, just like Jan.  Oh Jan 4 or 5 weeks, that's a long time, surely you are not the chosen house for all that time!!  Interesting to say the least.  Hopefully the Sat. works for Betty as she is at the cottage on weekends, I think.  hugs to all, Like you Maureen I may be getting a part-time job to pay my National Grid bill, I'm afraid to open it.