Western New York Area

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited July 2012

Yipee,  We had 15 drops of rain today LOL.  No kidding aside, this is getting scary.  Just did laundry today, changed sheets, had the same dinner we had last night, kabobs. 

Hope everyone kept cool this weekend, and hoping for rain on Wed.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited July 2012

They kept showing Batavia with green color of rain on and off for a 3 hour loop.  It wasn't raining here.  The poor farmers are really hurting, with trying to irrigate, but the crops may be too far gone.  Definitely a drought.  We did have a few claps of thunder, just watering the plants and flowering bushes in front of the house.  The lawn is fried. Here's hoping for a Wed. drenching.

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited July 2012

Had some rain yesterday.  Enough so that I did not have to water the flowers.  Had a crazy weekend with picnics and parties for Bastille Day (French independence day).  We found out a family from the French alliance lives very close to our new house!  So Tristan will already know some kids at his new school!  He had a blast with them yesterday. Our closing is still possibly this week (My husband complained to the bank about all the holdups and paperwork) so hopefully it will happen and we can get on with the stress :).  Had a garage sale Friday and Saturday.  Made some money, but boy was it  a lot of work.  Destroyed my back and neck from lifting but feeling better now.  Next week is bad for me for dinner or lunch.  We will be busier than busy moving!  We will be renting a truck to do some of the lighter items and hiring movers for the rest.  Probably will be doing all the moving the second half of the week after we get the floors refinished.  

Maureen-so glad you are feeling better.  I have those days too.  They are not fun.  

Pray for rain tomorrow!

Susan

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited July 2012

UGh the 28th I have a wedding shower to go to in the evening out in arcade.  Is lunch or dinner being planned? Hoping to see you all.

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

We can make another day. How was vaca?

• NNBBFL
    NNBBFL Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2012

Hi Ladies,

I am just stopping by your thread as I was looking in forums for my own area and got homesick when I saw Western NY. I lived in NY state for most of my life and in WNY for 20yr (at first Lockport and then East Amherst). I miss Autumn, roadside stands with sweet corn, apples and peaches, the Clarence Flea Market and the frosted brownies at the gas station just before Clarence Center Road on Transit (not that I can eat anything with sugar any more). Also I miss the type of genuine, friendly people who live there and I can tell by reading some of these posts that you are like that. I live in FL now and we are getting that rain you all are looking for so I'll try to wish some up your way. Best Wishes for all of you on this journey we share!

• bevin
    edited July 2012

HI NNBBFL -what does that stand for.? So glad you stopped in and now  am going to have to make my way to the brownie place :)

We truly do need rain here, lawns, flowers and the like are like straw.

Keep us in your favorites, I'd be home sick for Buffalo too.  Love living here.  My sister lives in Miami so I'm in sunny Florida alot.  Where about are you located?

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Hi NN...,  nice of you to join our site. DD lives in the Tampa area.  Moved recently and my heart broke when she left. What brought you to Fl?  Retirement? 

Bevin,  glad to see you are back from vacation.  Hope you had a wonderful time and leg is all mended up.

Karen, at this rate we'll all need a 2nd job for ac.  It's just too hot. 

My garden is doing ok.  Have peppers and tomatoes growing quickly. Beans, onions and cukes haven't really shown much progress, but the beans and cukes have a lot of flowers/buds so progressing nicely.

Heymoose, Jan, kindone, susan;  hope life is treating you well.

How is the 1st week in August? let me know preference, dinner during the week, lunch on the weekend? 

Love,
    Me

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited July 2012

Hello my friends,  I am busy, busy, busy,  I am having company from out of town Aug 27-29 my weekend off.  I have no time to clean my house for these poor people.  I work a double the day before they comeFrown.  I'll do the best I can.  We plan on going to Niagara on the Lake.  I have never been there.  Then I am going to the outer banks aug 4-11.  We are stopping in DC to try to get into the White house.  My friend brother is working on that. I have to give him my ss and other information so we can get cleared.  After that I will be good for a while.  I have another vacation at the end of Aug, and have nothing plannedLaughing.  I miss seeing all of you.  Maybe at the end of Aug for me.  I do have evenings free in between after Aug 12..  You all have so much going on and I miss keeping up with you all in person.  I have to go now because Buster is barking at the mailman and he don't like him. 

Love Ya  Betty

• bevin
    edited July 2012

Dear Betty - wow , that is one schedule you have.  I cannot imagine working a double shift.  How do you stay sane? 

Dear maureen- August is good for me. Love home grown veggies but don't have the patience. So , I just buy from wegmans local growers..

All- I am on the mend.  Approved to go with out the cast now. So I progressed from fiberglass to walking cast to now a shoe and crutches.  Cant bear full weight yet, but they are getting me onto 1 crutch and/or cane. Hopefully they'll get me approved to drive soon.  I can't put enough pressue on my foot yet to do that.  UGh!

IFinally,  have my Mammogram Tuesday ..They're also doing US of axilla.  I'm sure everything will be fine.

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Hey all,  Karen is sick.  She's on her way to the ER and haven't heard anything yet.  Let's pray she's okay, our dear friend.  Thinking it might be cellulitis, another friggin gift from BC.  Hope they mend her soon.  I'll post if I hear anything.  Don't have DD number or I'd call her. If anyone hears any news before me, please let me know she's okay. 

Maureen

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited July 2012

Karen,

As a central NY'er with WNY roots..... Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.... and always..... Be well, my friend!

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Karen, all okay?  Please let us know.

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Ok, Karen, I'm getting really worried.  Please post or call. 

• Jen42
    Jen42 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2012

Hi ladies -- it's Karen's PM friend from California. I'm really worried, too. Seaside Memories was kind enough to PM me, per Karen's request, to let me know she'd gone to ER yesterday. I've been checking in with this thread to see if you  had any further news. I just left her a msg on her cell phone, told her we're all thinking of her. I was hoping she or Susan would pick up but no such luck.

Karen is very conscientious about not wanting her bco friends to worry....so to have no updates on her situation, not even using Susan as a proxy, is scaring me.

Nothing to do, I guess, but keep her in our thoughts and prayers and hope to hear something soon...hugs to everyone...Jen

• SeasideMemories
    edited July 2012

Jen42,  Maureen and all.... I agree!!! If Karen was able, she would let us know that she is OK either in person or through Susan... That's what is making this so scary!!

Karen.... Please know that we all are thinking of and praying for you!!!  I pray that you feel all of the love coming your way!

Thinking of you tonight!

Love and Hugs, Seaside......

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited July 2012

Karen, thinking of you and planning our next coffee date!

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Prayers to you my sweet lady

• Jen42
    Jen42 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2012

Still no news? Oh crap, crap, crap.

Whatever is happening, Karen, I hope you can feel all the thoughts and prayers and love being sent your way!

Love, Jen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

No news. Anyone with Susan's number or email

• SeasideMemories
    edited July 2012

I, unfortunately, have neither.... This is scaring the crap out of me! Maybe we will hear something today....

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Hope the picture posts: 

We are thinking of you Karen, love and health to you.  Get well soon so we can update this picture girlfriend

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Hi All, Just spoke wth Karen,  I'll PM the details.  She's ok.

• SeasideMemories
    edited July 2012

Maureen,

Thank you so much for PM'ing me the information on Karen! It was such a relief to hear her voice. Sounds like they are doing a good job in helping her to get better, quickly!! Still sending healing thoughts and prayers her way but, I know I will sleep better tonight!

Feel Better Soon, Karen!!! We miss your posts!

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited July 2012

Maureen, Please PM me on Karen.  I've been worried sick.  I am still praying for you Karen.  Get Well Soon

Love Betty

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited July 2012

Karen, hoping and praying that you are getting better each day. Looking forward to seeing you and the whole group soon.

Real busy here with relatives in from out of town for FIL's memorial service which was yesterday. We hosted the Friday night get together and the after the service get together yesterday, so very tired. MIL is here for maybe four more weeks...yikes! Hoping everyone is well.....Jan

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Jan,  So sorry to hear of you FIL passing.  MIL for another month?  You must really like her.  We had sprinkles here a little while ago, hoping we get a real rain storm tonight.   On my treadmill today, did 3/4 of a mile and sweating.  Didn't think I was that out of shape.  Need to take off 15lbs. so back to my schedule :(

Hugs Karen, Hope you are up and around really soon.

Love,
    Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Hi all,  Just talked to Karen.  She is doing better, great to hear!! Her DD is suppose to bring a laptop to her,  I was teasing her, she had withdraw symptoms from the computer and Tim Horton's LOL!!!

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited July 2012

Hi all, it's me!!!!!!!!!!! my daughter brought me her laptop and I am very slow going, I am so sorry everyone was worried, it came on like gangbusters, I looked like rudolf the Red nednose Reendeer (only lower), lol.  I am much improved, they need to figure out what cocktail of antibiotics and  antifungals to let me take home.  I am on 3 bags of antibiotics and a couple anti fungals thrown in .  I have been in awe of all your caring ways and love you all. I may be coming homing home Thursday, will know more tomorrow, and pass it on to all of you.  Chocolate martini's all AROUND. love Karen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2012

Yay!!! So glad you are back to the helm.  Was so worried about you. Glad you are back on line.  Hope you are getting less red.  I'd post a martini but don't know how to get the pictures to work.  So I just got home from work, quite a day.  Time for bed, it will be better tomorrow.  Keep us posted Karen!!

Love,
    Maureen