Western New York Area

Comments

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited March 2013

Hi Ladies, still here, been busy catching up with newly retired friend just back from Florida and a high school friend in town getting her mother settled in at Canterbury. Also just got info about our hs class celebrating a reunion this summer....I won't tell you how many years.

Maureen, good news for you about promotion....you work very hard, very deserving.

Bevin, glad you are on the mend.

Cheryl, I'll find myself crying at random times....like sometimes I can't believe I actually had cancer. It's OK we need to be able to cry sometimes.

Karen, how is your change of meds going? And the headaches?

3mom, good luck with surgery at end of month. We're here if you need anything. How did appt with PS in Rochester go?

Susan, anything new with you? Is this going to be your first Spring in the new house?

Betty, never made pierogies....usually buy them in a box at Wegman's. Good for you for making all those!

Hope I didn't miss anyone....but I do miss you all. So ready for spring here too!

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2013

Betty,  Are you off of work April 13th, Bev can't make the 6th.  Let us know.

3mom, not sure your day of surgery, would you be able to make the 13th?

My gf is a gramma for the 1st time yesterday so I sent her a congrads gramma card, she's going to laugh her head off.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited March 2013

Hi all, so far so good with the Aromosin, had to take a Migraine med, Imitrix, when a headache started and it prevented it from getting worse, so all in all doing good.  Sure did like the sunshine today, it makes everything better, can't wait till we have more sun than grey!  Anyone heard from skigirl?, having heard from her in awhile. hugs, Karen

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2013

I'm here... I've been so flipping busy. I was supposed to have my #4 AC Friday morning and they sent me home because my count was so low. That bummed me out a bit. They rescheduled me for Monday, so, we will see how it goes. I worked tonight and really could have used the steroid high to get me through the night. I am beat. They told me other than work they want me away from people, no contact with sick ones. No hugs, kisses and the like from anyone. I guess my WBC is really low. They don't want to give me the neulesta shot because that will delay TX for 2 weeks... This sucks moose balls....So, I am here.... I'm just in quarantine...

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Dear skigirl, so sorry you had to postpone Friday's treatment, hoping Monday is a go for you, it will be one step closer to the end of your treatment.  If the chemo is affecting your WBC so much, hopefully it is knocking those bad cells to the curb.  Love the new picture and hope quarentine ends soon.  hugs from afar, Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2013

Hello Ladies,  I can't make it the 13th but please make your plans where the most people can make it.  Don't go by my scheduled, I work every other week and i know its hard to get everone together.

Love Betty

• Maureen813
    edited March 2013

Debbie. Be glad you're avoiding the neulasta. That is nasty stuff. I hated that shot more than chemo. The pain was ridiculous and for the last ac they wouldn't give it to me. Hoping Monday will be last ac day and you can move onto easier treatment.

Which day for lunch? Just vote and most votes win

Betty is for the 6th

Maureen 6th would work for me

Bev 13th

Everyone else?

• karen333
    edited March 2013

The 6th works for me, have plans for the 13th.  So far so good on Aromosin, YEAH!  hugs, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2013

I am in Disney on the 6th, but need to check on the 13th.  Cheryl--can totally relate to the crying...I'll be doing fine for a long time and then it hits me.  I had cancer.  That just sucks, doesn't it? Karen-I get migraines like the ones you describe.  Usually twice a month, unless my neck is bothering me, then can go 3-4 days.  I take Relpax when I get them.  I was taking amitriptilline daily but after our lunch decided that I think they are making me gain weight, so I've stopped taking them around two weeks ago.  I am still withdrawing.  Having trouble sleeping and very anxious, but it is bordering on euphoria so ok with me.  But, might be spring fever...hoooray!!! Maureen-a big congratulations going out to you on your promotion!! skigirl-hope things get better for you btw love your wig!! Jan-first spring in our house...we are so excited to see what is growing and all the bulbs I planted in the fall.  Hope everyone is loving the weather!!!!!

Susan

• 3mom
    3mom Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013

Hi gals - thanks for the invite in April but I have bilat mastectomy end of March so I will be out of commission for a few weeks but maybe in future will be able to join you all.  I went to Rochester for consult - loved group and would have really trusted them - actually I did trust the enough for them to say honestly that I am not a good candidated for DIEP reconstruction - not enough belly fat and would be just way to small and not happy with results - so silly to do such a big surgery with not great results.  So back to TE's and implants I am . Going to be at Sisters Hospital in 2 weeks - so the count down has begun!

• kindone
    edited March 2013

Hello Ladies, How are you all?  Busy, Busy, i guess.  Nothing new here, just waiting for May when I got to Jamaica.

I went food shopping today and paid $100 more with Kyle living hereUndecided  Oh well what are we going to do. 

Any word on lunch?

3mon, beat of luck to you on your surgery.  keep in touch,

Love Betty

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Betty, Bon Jovi was on American Idol tonight, I can see why you are his biggest fan, he is so nice to look at, did he notice you?  Hi all, got another new hair cut, it is short, short, short.  Migraines are continuing, have been on the Aromosin for a week and a half, no other side effects, knock on wood, am hoping the migraines will slow down as I continue on Aromosin.  Hope everyone is well.  Miss you all. Hugs, Karen

• janhart
    edited March 2013

Hi Ladies, what's with this weather? Sunny yesterday, crummy today and wed it was snowing off and on in between bursts of sun. I so need some warmth and am getting antsy to garden. Not much new here....working on getting bedroom ready for painter. This will be the last room in the house to paint for now. Making corned beef and cabbage on Sunday for dinner. No Irish on my side or husbands, but my two DDs bf are Irish. Karen, hope those migraines are subsiding by now. Christina, had my surgery at sisters two years ago and it was a nice hospital to be in....very clean. Have a good week end everyone. Gonna watch some shark tank. Wish I could think of something to make me a millionaire!

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited March 2013

Happy st. patty day all.  Of course cooking corned beef n cabbage Sun.  My parents: dad first generation born in America and mom almost ALL Irish, I can confidently say I'm an ALMOST purebred LOL.  Agree, need the weather to subside or antidepressants to help or maybe a chocolate martini. Soon enough. So thinking we need to go on the 6th and miss Bev n Susan or go the following week and miss Betty or go in May all together?  I'm good for any choice but struggling to pick one over the other of my fav women in the world.  All been good lately, DS stuggling, DD doing ok. DH ok, me ok. All good. Quiet on the boards lately.  My only excitement was the stone through my windshield on 290. The repairman came to work and fixed all better. Driving to work last week I hit sunshine in driveway, rain, then hail and finally snow. Crazy drive to work.

Erin go braugh ladies (not sure I spelled it correctly)

Maureen 

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited March 2013

Dear Maureen,  while I'd love to finally see you all, please choose a day when the regular attendees can go.  I'll catch up the next month.

Going to the parade today in the First Ward and made corned beef, cabbage, potato and carrots last week.  Tomorrow , I don't think a repeat, maybe a Roast. 

Not sure if any one likes Brunch, but 800 Maple, which is about 1 mile north of where lunch normally is on Main has a great Sunday Brunch.  It'd be fun to do that one day if anyone is interested. Of course need to be a late brunch 11 or so so that we can have our martini or bellini with the scrumptious food!

The gray skies make me feel gray too. Really looking forward to the spring and summer but need to focus on excercise and losing some pounds gained from these lovely anti hormonals.  I feel like they aged me 20 years beyond my "young" mid 40's.!!  I read that thread "I want my Mojo back" looking for some tips, but nothing is helping in that department either.  UGH. Gray skies, no energy, no Mojo, ... leads to no fun.  Sunshine where are you???!!!!

So my DD asked if the "easter bunny" would find us where we're going on Easter break.... I was a bit stunned, not sure if she really believes or just wants to make sure she doesn't lose out on chocolate bunnies, yellow peeps and the like..

Hope all are well. TTLY

Hugs

Bevin

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited March 2013

Hi all you lovely ladies,

I am able to attend lunch on the 6th, the 13th is shower weekend and everyday something is scheduled.  Like a wine tasting at my house on the 13th.  So close to the wedding, 2 months away. Getting very excited.

Monday I had an appointment at the oncologist.  Said to come back in a year and to have a MRI between June and July.  NP looked great, I hope she is doing well. Well, I will be 5 years out the end of May.  Will be doing the Happy Dance then.  

As with all of you, I can not wait for spring, this weather is really depressing.  I need SUN and HEAT!!!!!!!!!!  This cold is getting to me or maybe it is that we did not go away this winter.  I hope all are doing well.

Hugs, Cheryl

• heymoose
    edited March 2013

Just wondering if anyone else received a save the date flyer for Miles for Smiles?

• Maureen813
    edited March 2013

Having a very difficult day. Please pray for my family

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Dear Maureen, you are all in my prayers, may the Lord hold you all in his sheltering hands.  love, Karen

• kindone
    edited March 2013

Maureen, I will say a special prayer for your family tonight.

Love Betty

• Maureen813
    edited March 2013

Sister in law went to ER for difficulty breathing, scheduled for simple out patient procedure and bled to death on the table. She would've celebrated her 59th birthday in May.  We are in shock. Got the call out of nowhere.  Just IM'd her on Wed and complained of a cold. We are heartbroken.

• janhart
    edited March 2013

Oh Maureen, I am so sorry for your loss. It's so tragic when one dies so suddenly and so young. I will keep all your family in my prayers. Know we are here if you need anything.

Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Dear Maureen, so very sorry for your loss, so unexpected and so heartbreaking.  Will keep your whole family in my prayers, far too young and sudden.  As Jan said, only ask any of us for a need.  love, Karen

• heymoose
    edited March 2013

Maureen and Family you are in my prayers. As with Jan and Karen, let us know if you need anything, were are here for you.  I am so sorry for your loss.  May God wrap his loving arms around your family.

Hugs and Prayers,

Cheryl

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited March 2013

Dear Maureen, I am so sorry for your loss. We will send you prayers for strength and wish your family can find peace and strength in each other during this very sad time.

Please let me know if you need a house sitter, meals, shopping. I can do anything.

Hugs

Bevin

• Maureen813
    edited March 2013

Don't know what to do yet

Plans being made. Thanks for love and support. Don't know what I'd do without you all. Dh is heart broken. BIL in shock. We weren't very close but heartbroken for all she had to live for weddings grandchildren friends and family. Such a heartache. My mind knows she's in a better place but my heart wants her with her family. Just in shock.

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Dear Maureen, so hard to know what to do and how to feel, I know well the feeling of knowing a loved one is in a better place but wanting desparately for things to be as they were.  My heart goes out to all of you, when a loved one is lost so suddenly, you have no time to prepare your heart and mind for the loss. Gentle hugs to you, DH,DD and DS to cushion you on this journey.  love, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2013

Dear Maureen,

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.  So, so sorry to hear of your loss.  Hang in there.

Susan

• kindone
    edited March 2013

Maureen,  I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. Please know we are here for you.  Your family will be in my prayers.

Love Betty

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2013

Just noticed this topic: Hi ladies,

I'm from Rochester, NY currently living in Honeoye Falls near Mendon.  Love to hear from anyone in this area!   I'm scheduled for surgey April 3rd, having a lumpectomy & a SNB.  Very anxious & worried about all of this:(