Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited March 2013

Welcome Linda, where are you having your surgery?  If in Rochester, I had mine at Rochester General.

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Maureen and all the family, holding you close in prayer.

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2013

Maureen, so sorry to hear of your family's loss. I have been praying for you.

LindaJD- I am in the city up in Charlotte... I had a TRAM done last November and I am doing well.  I had a SNB also and the scar is small and thin under the pit. It is healing nicely. If I wear a tank top you can't see it. I am happy about that. I am almost back to 100% physically from surgery. I started chemo in January... so I am in kind of a bubble. I am trying real hard to stay away from sick people. That is hard this time of year. I had Chris Caldwell as my BS and Stephen Vega is my PS. I am in treatment at Pluta Cancer center. I tried to meet with these nice ladies last month for lunch and I had to cancel. They are all very nice. I guess they do lunch about once a month.... I'll make it to one soon.

I'm sorry you have to be here but welcome! I joined the jan chemo thread and they have become a HUGE part of my life. We share stories, fears, laughs, research and anything else we can come up with... They all feel like my sisters and I would not be able to get through all this with out them.

I have a very dear friend of mine who had a LX and rads last summer and is doing very well. She had very little issues with recovery and rad side effects. Some of the ladies in the jan chemo thread had LXs and are doing very well also.

I remember how anxious I was before surgery. I had my doc give me Ambien for sleep.  Sleep is very important right now. And please dont feel like you are alone. You have all of us here on the boards. Ask questions, vent, laugh, etc...

Good luck to you!

Debbie

• 3mom
    3mom Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013

Good morning ladies. Haven't been on in awhile but Maureen I don't even know you but my heart went out to you this week. Hoping that plans go smoothly this weekend as you all mourn. I am so very dirty for your family

Surgery countdown in its last days. Cleaned house top to bottom yesterday. Today kids have 1/2 day and everyone gets dental visits then wait till Monday morning..and hope to sleep at night. Funny to think next week my body will be so changed.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited March 2013

Hi all you lovely ladies,

Maureen, I hope you are doig well.

3mom, I wish you good luck with your surgery, sending prayers and hugs your way. When you are able, please let us know how u are doing.

LindaJD, welcome to our group.  I am from Rochester and now live in Buffalo.  I return home quite a bit and hope that we can get together some time.

I hope every one is doing well.  I am really sick of this snow and cold.  Please, Please bring on spring!!!!!!

Just wondering if we have a date set for lunch?

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Hi Cheryl, hi all, welcome 3mom, hoping all goes well for your surgery, LindaDJ hope both of you will be able to join us soon for luncheon and Debbie, hope you are getting closer to past your quarentine and will be able to be with us soon.  Maureen, thinking of you and your family.- keeping you in prayer.  Hi bevin, Jan, Betty  and Susan, sure is nice to see the sun today, hopefully the temps. will start to climb and we are able to bid farewell to winter.  Migraines are slowly tapering off, it was a long road.  Looking forward to our luncheon, in view of all the heartache, maybe we should stick to the Creekside for April, is a date set?, if so I'll take care of reservations, I count 5 if we are settled on the 6th, is that right?  love to all, miss you all, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2013

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I'm not able to make the lunch.  I will be with you all in spirit. 

Until the next,

Susan

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Hi Susan, it may not be the 6th we settled on, ladies what do you think, Betty is there a second weekend in April you are free, but then do we lose Cheryl to the wedding plans?  I am obviously not as good at this as Maureen is, I thought I'd take it off her shoulders.  Maureen - is there anything I can do to ease your pain?  love, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited March 2013

Hi Maureen, just checking in to see how you are. I know how difficult these days must be.

Karen, to help in the lunch planning, I cannot make the 6th nor the 13th, but it's not necessary to plan around me.

Christina, thinking your surgery is tomorrow. If that's the case then you should be in bed resting up by now. Sending you prayers and many good thoughts. Let us know how you are doing as you recover.

Hope everyone else is doing well .......hoping for spring! Love, Jan

• Skigirl72
    edited March 2013

I am unable to make the 6th, not sure about the next weekend... I might have to be the one that just shows up... I hope everyone is doing well. Maureen, hope you are doing ok through this tough time...

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Dear Maureen, you are in my thoughts and prayers during this so, so trying  time.  Sending blankets of comfort for you and your family.   Debbie, Susan, Cheryl, Betty, Jan, bevin, maybe we should skip the month of April, the 6th and 13th seem problematic, anyone have any input?  hugs, Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited March 2013

HI everyone, I'm so hit or miss so don't worry about planning around me. I can't make the 6th as I will be away. The 13th or anyother weekend in April is fine. Hope everyone is enjoying Easter preparations.  Anyone braving the Broadway market?  Butter lambs, etc....

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited March 2013

Hi all you Lovely Ladies,

Please plan the lunch around everyone.  If it is the 13th, I will try and at least meet for a Chocolate Martini. What about the 20th or 27th, just wondering if anyone has mentioned those dates.  I hate this weather, I'm sorry did I mention that I hate this weather.  Well let me tell you that I hate this weather.  Okay I am done with my weather rant for the day.

Maureen, I hope you are doing well, please post when you have a chance we are all thinking about you.

3mom, hope you are doing well and surgery was a success.  Praying for you.

Skigirl, hope you are able to be among the people outside your house.  

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Either the 20th or 27th work for me, let's pick the day most can make it.  Maureen, what Cheryl said, always thinking of you. hugs, Karen

• bevin
    edited March 2013

I'm good for the 20th and 27th.  Happy Easter, Holy Thursaday coming and good Friday. Soon chocolate and peeps and all things yummy I gave up for lent.  Yahooo!

• Auralaine
    Auralaine Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2013

Hi ladies! I'm new to this site (just joined today) and am in Canandaigua but get up to Rochester often. My surgery (double mastectomy) was at Unity on Feb 5th, and I started chemo (cytoxan and taxotere) here in Canandaigua last week. You all seem like a very close-knit supportive group. That's so wonderful! I look forward to chatting with you here in the future. Best wishes to everyone facing new surgeries and treatments.

Happy Spring (someday...)

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Dear Auralaine, sorry it has taken so long for us to get back to welcome you, this dreary winter weather has us all in it's clutches, we are all praying for Spring, so far no luck, Sat. is supposed to be sunny though!!  One of our members, skigirl lives in Rochester and another Heymoose, has family in Rochester and goes back to visit family on a regular basis, will proably be stopping by to say hello, as well as Jan, bevin, Susan, Betty and Maureen.  We try to meet once a month for lunch in Clarence or Williamsville and about every 6th time out here in Batavia. restaurant is right off the Thruway.  Would love to have you join us, we are a warm, supportive group that always has room for others.  Again, welcome, Karen

• bevin
    edited March 2013

Dear Auralaine, Welcome .  These ladies are wonderful. Hoping we get to meet you soon.

Wishing everyone a Good Passover and Happy Easter.

Hugs

• Skigirl72
    edited March 2013

Hi ladies. Auraline, Hi, I'm up in Charlotte. I found these ladies a month or so ago. I haven't been able to meet for lunch yet Frown but I keep trying. My DRs work out of Unity and Highland. Dr. Caldwell and Dr. Vega. I start Taxol on Monday. I went through 4 rounds of AC and am happy that is behind me. I keep hearing how Taxol is easier. Anyway, welcome (sorry you had to find us) and looking forward to getting to know you.

I'm dying to get outside in my garden and clean it up a bit. What a mess. Come on spring!!!!

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Dear Debbie, how do the 20th and 27th work for you, trying to get the day most of us can make it.  Jan, bevin, Susan, Betty, Maureen - how about you?  Maureen think of you everyday  and your family, this  is such a difficult time to cope with. hugs, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited March 2013

I will check the reservation book at work tonight. Sat afternoon is usually quiet so I will see whats in store. I've been going in at 5 so if I leave at 4 from where ever we meet for lunch I should be fine. I'll check back in tomorrow morning.

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Thanks Debbie, lunch will be in Williamsville this time.  Hope you stay out of quarentine, I've always heard Maureen say that Taxol is easier.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2013

Hi All, busy time.  Returned from funeral in PA, back to work, off of work on holiday.  Went to have MRI.  Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support from my best friends.  Welcome to the new women.  Sorry you have to join the club but so glad you found us.  You'll love these women and they will carry you through your darkest times.  The wake/funeral was lovely and so very sad.  I am heartbroken for my neice and nephews.  My BIL is still in shock and very task oriented right now. I think he'll make it through and support his family.  Had my MRI this AM too and all is well with that, results ok.  In the midst of all this my DS had an accident with DH car.  Took it because it had gas in it.  Needless to say a stressful time.  Found out on the way back from the PA trip.  I need a chocolate martini and friends.  The 20th would work better for me, the 27th is the weekend of our 25th wedding anniversary.  Gotta run.  Love Me. Happy Easter enjoy...

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2013

BTW, taxol is a walk in the park vs. AC.  I did really well on taxol.

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Dear Maureen, so glad to see your posting, we love and miss you.  It must have been so very, very sad, it's hard to even find words to say to ease the journey.  How your BIL and DH must be hurting and the children.  Can see why he would focus on tasks, read a quote last week about grief, how the passage of  time is the only thing that helps ease by putting thin blankets of comfort over the grief, and as time goes by there is a thicker blanket of comfort.  But at certain times, as you feel you can lift the blanket, it is a still loss you feel.    Soo glad MRI was clear, tests are always so scarey, hope there wasn't much of a wait for the results. So, so glad to see your name waiting on Favorite Topics, much love, Karen  ps. ladies how many for the 20th?  

• Auralaine
    Auralaine Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2013

Hi all - Thanks for the welcome! Dr. Vega and Caldwell are my surgeons also. I have TEs and am seeing Vega periodically for fills. I'll have implants with him after I finish my chemo and recover. So far, I'm very impressed with both of them. They did a great job with my surgery (bilateral mastectomy) and my recovery has been uneventful.

I think Williamsville is probably a little far for me to drive this month. But I am free on both the 20th and 27th, so will maybe play it by ear as to how I feel. I do hope to meet you all soon!

At least we finally got some spring-like weather today! Happy spring and easter/passover everyone!

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited March 2013

Hi Ladies,

Maureen, glad to see you're back here with us. Glad MRI results were good. Where did you go for mri and do you get the results immediately? I'll be having my first post surgery MRI in May and I'm scheduled to be seen at Bauer's office that same day. They scheduled it that way so I'm assuming MRI results will be discussed. Hope your family and your bil's family are finding strength during this Easter season. It must be so hard for everyone.

3mom aka Christina, hope your surgery went well and that you are comfortably recuperating.

Auralaine, welcome to this group that none of us ever wanted to belong to. Our lunches really are fun so I hope you can join us at some point.

Happy, happy spring, Easter, Passover to all my friends. Hope to see you in later April.

Love, Jan

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2013

Hello All,  Welcome all new ladies.  We would love to met you all.   Maureen welcome back.  I hope all is well. I can make the 20th for lunch, if that good with everyone else.  I quite the nursing home.Smile  I was just to much and I hated it.  So now I have more time to enjoy life.

HAPPY EASTER AND PASSOVER,

LOVE BETTY

• Skigirl72
    edited March 2013

I am good for the 27th. Not able for the 20th. Please dont make plans around my world... I am at the mercy of the reservation book...

• karen333
    edited March 2013

Happy Easter ladies, the 20th it is, at Creekside, at 1.  I will call in the reservation and put it in Maureen's name.  I count seven of us: Betty, Cheryl, Susan, Maureen, bevin, Jan and me, skigirl - sorry the 20th was booked for you, can you request a day off for the following month and we will give you the date after we figure it out on the 20th of April?  Have a beautiful first part of the day, it is sunny here and I have the windows cracked open.  love, Karen