Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited November 2013

Hurray!!!! Just a pet scan left to go, did you feel us being rowdy? Cheryl was going to pick me up, it will save you a step that early in the A.M. I'll go back to my car with you. Let us know about the pet scan. much love, Karen

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited November 2013

yep well talk tomorrow

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited November 2013

Karen see you in the am and Maureen praying for good pet results.

See you tomorrow. Hugs

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited November 2013

Maureen, been thinking about you today and praying for continued good results. Missing everyone....it's been forever since I saw all my friends. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Maureen, still praying for good results on the scan, see you in the A.M.love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Happy Times @ BC Education Day 2013 with Melissa Holmes

• heymoose
    edited November 2013

What a great picture and a great day.

Hugs to all

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Always such a wonderful time with you ladies, now I can't wait till our next luncheon, I hope we are all able to be together. Such wonderful friends. hugs, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2013

Hi All!!! finally---my computer is back up!!! not sure what my husband did to it, but it seems to be working now. i am blaming it on Mercury retrograde. Anyway, so nice to hear the good news with Karen and now Maureen---hoping your pet scan comes out fine for you. So, so hard to get through all that testing, isn`t it? it is like trying to cross a milestone with each one. I will be in your pocket too for whenever you are having it Maureen, and please Karen can I have a chocolate martini with you??. Going well here, and the busyness is starting to dissipate a bit with the end of October. Missed you all at the last lunch and hope we can plan one soon. Have my repeat mri at the end of November to check out the small spot they left it at my biopsy in May which appeared to be the same thing going on, but of course still nervous. It seems even going to a routine ob/gyn visit is nerve-wracking these days. :/ Thinking of you all! Susan

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Good luck Susan. So glad you stopped by to say hi.

All we are looking at December 13th same time same place. Pm me if you need details. I will call this week for the reservation. Can you send a yay or may for that day. Ill need an accurate count to call so far I have me Betty karen Cheryl. Anyone else?

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited November 2013

Maureen its Dec 14, Sat. for lunch.

Susan its good to hear from you, we missed you.  

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

where is everybody? I'm cold n need my kindle to work so I can whine. Cause I'm in a Whiney mood. Sorry. Went to get my flu shot and ended up getting pink eye so now I look like I've had too many martinis and did I say I'm Whiney? Eye drops for the next few days. Off to bed tomorrow will be better.

• heymoose
    edited November 2013

Hi all,

Will be at lunch, hope all can be there. Have a nice weekend and try to stay warm.

Maureen, I 'm wininy now, but drinking mine. Ha ha!!!

Hugs to all, stay warm,

Cheryl

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Hi all, is this a whinery or a winery, oh bad pun!! Saw my PCP yesterday, have been short of breath and my O2 sat. % was low, edema noted also, so a trip to the cardiologist was scheduled for this coming Tuesday, just what I needed, another doctor. Back to O2 24/7, fee like I'm going backwards not forwards, I'm whining too, may winery later. hugs to all, Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited November 2013

Ah Karen I hope things get better for you.  I'll keep you in my prayers 

• heymoose
    edited November 2013

Karen, I will be in your pocket on Tuesday.

How is everyone doing? It has been kinda slow on this site lately.

Hugs, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Hi all, it has been quiet hasn't it? I'll be expecting the whole crowd to be in my pocket on Tues. to tip a few and, if Cheryl will make them, munch on those chocolate covered strawberries. November has turned into the month of tests, Maureen are you scheduled yet? I have a really strong feeling a lot of salads are in my future, so best get my calories in before Tues. I was just complaining about still having to use the cane, now I get to use the portable O2 too, be careful what you complain about! hugs to all, Susan, bevin, Jan, Debbie, Linda where are you?

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

Hi ladies,

Karen, I will be in your pocket on Tuesday! Sorry to hear you're having more medical problems. Nice picture of those of you who attended the BC Education Day!

Maureen, hope your pink eye is clearing up & you're not feeling whiny anymore! Where is the place your next luncheon will be? Just curious; my older sister & I both have December birthdays & we celebrate together; not sure when we will do that.

Still trying to figure out my life; my asshole BF called me last week & wanted to "talk"! I didn't answer my phone so he left a voicemail. He wanted to know how I was doing?(Duh, you cheated on me & then threw me away like a piece of garbage; hello)! Then he said what was new w/ him & that I should call him back & left BOTH the home # & his cell #; like I would have forgotten them already! I never did call him back; & he has texted me a few times since then. Don't know what to make of it?

Busy day today; drove my Mom to the hairdresser, then helped rake leaves, then we went to Church (Mass was said for my Dad; it was the 5th anniversary of his death), & then to my brothers' for pizza but my Mom wasn't feeling well; had to leave early cause I drove.

Hugs to everyone,

Linda

• janhart
    edited November 2013

Hi everyone,

Linda, nice to hear from you....sounds like you're taking some baby steps in the right direction. Karen, oh dear, another doctor appt......will sure be with you on Tuesday. Like the picture of those who went to the education day. Been busy here. Don't remember if I told you, but DH has been job hunting without much luck. He's decided to work on getting his business going. For years he has taught first aid and CPR classes. He does a lot for community ed. Now he's been getting requests to do these classes and others from doctor and dentist offices. Recently he taught a large group of pharmacists. They needed CPR/aed and bloodborne pathogen certification. Oh, he also certifies staff who work with kids. So I have become his partner in this business and take care of a lot of the paperwork. We have a web site that is a work in progress, but if you have a chance it's www.first-intraining.com Also starting next week, I'll be working at the mall like I did last holiday season. That means I'll be unable to make lunch on a Saturday until after Christmas. But if anyone wants to get coffee some Sat or Sun morning, I'd like that. Hugs to all......sure has been a long time since I've seen everyone.....love, Jan

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Jan, impressive website, hope the requests come pouring in. Is there a Coffee Culture in Williamsville or Clarence, they have the best chai latte's?

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited November 2013

Hi everyone, sorry I was not on line for a bit, but I was thinking of you all . Much to catch up on at the December lunch.

Maureen- praying the PET is clear. Dont' forget to follow the no carb diet pre test. I think I had to do it for 3 days.

Linda- I'm glad you didnt call the slug back. Stay strong and carry on.

Karen- sorry you're back on the O2, but know it keeps your heart stronger as it doesn't get over excerted to try and pump blood through your lungs to breathe. It will help you stay strong..

Hugs to everyone!

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Hi All,  First and foremost in your pocket Karen with choco martinis and strawberries. 

Linda, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!   ThumbsUpSmile  Don't know what his behavioral problem he's having but I'm sure it's hard to pronounce LOL

Glad to hear from everyone, was getting worried.  My kindle still doesn't work and have a lot to update. 

Update on me,  kidneys, liver et all ok.  PET scan warrants a bone biopsy that I'm having on Friday.  Truth is, I'm scared.  Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. 

Have to get back to work cause I've taken so much time off, I'm behind and already crazy schedule.

Love,

Me

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2013

Hi everyone. I'm back. I've spent the last few weeks finishing radiation, getting some strength back and dealing with the loss of a friend to this crap ass disease. I've kicked it into high gear at home and we've been cleaning and purging all the excess stuff. I am starting to feel like a normal human. I hope everyone is doing well. I know a few of you have scans and things coming up or are waiting for results... I hope everything comes back in a positive way. I am seeing my MO on thursday. I think its to start me on Tamoxifen. Or it's just a check up visit. I don't remember now... My hair is coming back in quickly. I did lose my eyelashes on my left eye the other day... I just giggled and said "seriously?". They are coming back in quickly.

Thank you Karen for reaching out to me. I did take Holly's passing very hard. I guess I put the "I could die" thoughts far away while I was dealing with treatment. When she passed it brought all my fears to the surface. I am coming to terms with all of this and I have found some strength. I am just going to live and laugh. I will have my moments of anxiety when its time for appts and scans... I will try to come to the Dec 14th lunch. I do miss all of you even though I've only been to one lunch. You all are very strong and it is nice to be around women who have been there done that.... and are living their lives!! If anyone want to friend me on FB I am on there. Debbie Inzana....

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Maureen, no doubt you are scared, anything followed by the word biopsy is a huge trigger. Too many tests this month for all of us. My prayers are with you now and will stay till we get the all clear. In December we will share all our happy news at lunch, I'm guessing with a little dance and a lovely martini. love, Karen PS, Debbie, you snuck in there while I made dinner for my grandson, so glad you are back, you just headed off another PM from me, we will welcome you back to our Dec. luncheon, we only met you once but we were taken with you, no one can wear a scarf and look that beautiful!!

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2013
    Happy

no scarf this time... I have hair!!! :)

• inks
    inks Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2013

I hope it's OK to join you lovely ladies. I'm near Rochester and will start chemo on Wednesday. I have looked into the Breast Cancer Coalition here locally but just do not have time for any local support groups with all the appointments and family. I also considered Gilda's Club for my 13 yo son, but am unsure if he would be into something like that.

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Dear inks, sorry you had to had to find us but awfully glad you did, we are always open to newcomers, 2 of our women are from the Rochester area, I am in Batavia, and the other women from various suburbs of Buffalo. We meet once a month for lunch, every few meetings, if all the Rochester ladies can join we meet in Batavia as it is the halfway point, other wise we meet in Williamsville. Our next lunch is on the 14th of Dec., but as you are just starting, chemo will take precedence. We are 45-66, lumpectomy to mastectomy, chemo to rads to AI's. Between the 10 of us we can offer our opinions on various subjects. We are just coming into a period of tests for some of us, so you will see that anxiety accompanies all scans and tests even yrs. out. Shortly you will hear from us, feel free to be with us, it's a great support group. Karen

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited November 2013

Karen,

Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

If they do a stress test, make sure you hang on tight! Would hate to have you fling off the back and make me spill my martini..lol. Sadly, I have flung off the back of a treadmill when I thought maybe I could move up to jogging from walking! Turns out, I couldn't...lol!

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Dear Seaside, I will hang on tight, would not want you to spill any of your chocolate martini. If they think they can get me up to jogging they are obviously delusional and I wouldn't trust their judgement on the test. Like the little mouse peaking out. Karen

• janhart
    edited November 2013

Dear Ladies, it does seem like we are scheduled for so many tests. It's almost like, how do we find time to do anything else. Karen, we will be with you tomorrow and Maureen, we will all be with you on Friday. Debbie, glad to hear from you again and hoping you're on the way to good health. Inks, you are so welcome to be a part of our group, it's just crappy that we each had to have cancer to find one another. But I do believe we came together for a reason more than our illness. Will be checking out this site often this week to hear how everyone's tests are. Hoping for the best!

Love, Jan