Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited October 2013

Dear Maureen, my prayers are with you along with calming thoughts. Remember we are all in your pocket this day with you. The chocolate martinis are nice and cold along with that chocolate sgiggle we like so much. Chocolate dipped strawberries are arriving with Cheryl. We'll try to stay quiet but you know how we get. All good results this week., there's going to be some dancing going on at our next luncheon. I am here, everyone else will be along shortly. love, Karen

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited October 2013

All good!! Onto doc Bauer 's office and soniwala to get tumor markers then celebrate!!!!

• karen333
    edited October 2013

YAY Maureen, onto Dr. Bauer and your fav. Dr. Soniwala and we are going to celebrate big time!!!! love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2013

Hi ladies. Tumor markers are up. We are doing more scans this Friday They said the are erring on the safe side. I'm nervous. Maybe just tired from such a busy week

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited October 2013

Praying for you.

Bevim

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Maureen, so glad they are erring on the side of caution, I know exactly how you are feeling, thank you for being there for me, now I'm here for you. Prayers continuing until results are in. Just remember all you can do is put one foot in front of the other to arrive at next Friday. Then we leave the conference and have us a chocolate martini. Ladies won't you join us at the WNY Breast Cancer Education Day, it is a great event and we can fill up our table and amble over to Creek View. afterwards. In your pocket all week Maureen. love, Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited October 2013

Maureen, I agree with Karen. I too am happy they are erring on the side of caution. I will be in your pocket until you do not need me anymore. Hugs and prayers sent your way.

I will be at Education Day and we will have a great time. Looking forward to the chocolate martinis afterwards.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

P.S. I am not ready for winter.

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited October 2013

Maureen,

I agree too, I'd rather they check you thoroughly so you can be at ease when they say all is well! Will keep you in my prayers this week and close in thought. Let me know if you need anything....a quick coffee after work.....or someone to talk to. Will PM my number if you need it.

Still can't post from ipad. I think i need to do an update and will try doing that tomorrow.

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited October 2013

so I decided to try updating iPad today. It took over two hours. It was successful and I can now post from the iPad. Makes life much easier.

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Excellent Jan.

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited October 2013

Maureen,

If I remember correctly (and most days that's a stretch), you had your Mammo,US and MRI on Friday and all came back good! Congratulations!!!

As for the tumor marker test... I am happy that they are keeping close tabs on you. That's a good thing but the tumor marker test, while it can be a really good measure of activity for some, is notorious for it's false positives for many. Hoping that's what's going on here.

Sorry that you are going through all of this! And thinking of you between now and Friday!

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Maureen, up for a bathroom break and thought I'd check in, you are with me in my thoughts and prayers, love, Karen

• Micky77
    Micky77 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013

Hello everyone. I am from Buffalo and had a single mastectomy in March. I am looking for a good PS who does diep flap well. Has anyone had this surgery with Dr. Mark Burke, or heard about Dr. Mark Burke or Dr. Loree at ECMC?

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Welcome Micky, sorry we had to meet this way, I had a lumpectomy but several of our women had Plastic Surgery, they will probably not be on tonight but will surely answer you tomorrow. Karen

• Micky77
    edited October 2013

Thank you Karen! Nice to meet you.

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Hi Micky, Welcome to our group. I had a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction with expanders. I have not heard of the ps surgeons you have mentioned. My ps is Dr. Shastri and I do not believe he does diep flap. However you may want to check him out. Skigirl (Debbie) had a flap procedure completed a couple of months ago. I am not sure what she had done, but she will be bye soon.

Out group gets together once a month for lunch. I hope you will join us.

Hugs, Cheryl

P S Maureen you are in my prayers and the chocolate martinis will be ready for friday. Jumping in your pocket.

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

P S S the chocolate strawberries will be ready also!!!!!!!

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Maureen, I am in your pocket this whole week, you work really hard at a demanding job by the way, thoughts and prayers are following you this week. Cannot wait for the chocolate martinis and chocolate dipped strawberries. Pat your pocket at work and you'll get some fabulous fumes!

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178
    edited October 2013

Nice to meet you Micky but so sorry we have had to meet here. I am also from the Buffalo area. I had a bilateral mastectomy, immediate reconstruction with tissue expanders, and then silicone implants. I have recently gone to two different plastic surgeons to get second opinions as my current plastic surgeon has recommended fat grafting which I am not sure I want to undergo. One of the second opinion plastic surgeons recommended seeing Dr. Mark Burke or Dr. Loree at ECMC, however, I have not yet done so. I believe Skigirl in this thread had her flap surgery performed by Dr. Stephen Vega of Pittsford (Rochester area) and I am considering contacting his office for another second opinion. I was never offered DIEP because I do not think the plastic surgeon I chose performs that type of surgery. I would definitely be interested in knowing your opinions of Dr. Burke and/or Dr. Lorees (and others you may have seen). Feel free to PM me if you want to keep things confidential.

• Micky77
    edited October 2013

Thank you Cheryl for the warm welcome. I would like to participate in your gatherings. Thank you for the information! :). Michele

• Micky77
    edited October 2013

Thank you Lori. I wish you the best. I have heard about fat grafting. It sounds like a good option from what I have heard. I think it is new. I really liked Dr. Burke. Dr Vega is on my list but he does not take too many insurances so that is a challenge. I heard he is excellent. Dr. Burke and his staff are very warm and down to earth. I was very comfortable. He spent an hour with me explaining and drawing. He seems very conscientious. He has been doing the Diep for 4 yrs. not sure how that stacks up to Vega etc. I go back in Feb. Considering surgery for spring. We should talk. Thank you. Michele

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2013

Welcome Micky77. I had a partial mastectomy in April w/ no reconstruction. There are several ladies on here that I'm sure will be able to help you. This is an awesome group of people!

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2013

Hello to Everyone, I've have a lot to catch up on here; can't always get on the Internet. I have to type fast cause sometimes I lose the signal & get kicked off.

To all of you that have had recent tests, hope it was great news! The WNY BC Education Day sounds like fun but I have to work.

I'm trying to adjust to my "new" life; can't say I like it all that much.

On a more positive note, my older son was here this past weekend for a visit! It was great to see him! Wish he could have found a teaching job in Rochester!

Hugs to all,

Linda

• Micky77
    edited October 2013

thank you Linda :)

• karen333
    edited October 2013

Dear Maureen, in your pocket all day today, all prayers coming your way. Will be waiting here for you. We will try to be quiet,but you know how we get. love, Karen

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178
    edited October 2013

Michele--I just sent you a PM.

• heymoose
    edited November 2013

Maureen, prayers for you. In your pocket but Karen keeps bumping me and the chocolate martinis are sloshing all over. Karen stop that!!!!! Ha ha

Hugs, Cheryl

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited November 2013

Maureen, praying all day for you. Make room for me in that pocket for me.

How do i dress tommarow for education day?

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Sorry Cheryl, when I pray with a chocolate martini under my belt, I get kind of exuberant, Been praying all day Maureen for a false positive result. Let us hear from you when you can. Betty dress like you would for lunch but it is usually cold in the huge room, so I usually wear a sweater or bring one. See everybody tomorrow, Cheryl, will be at B.G. at 7:45.

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

all ok they are doing pet scan to be sure have a nodule in lung and on kidney they want to look more closely at

Karen is Cheryl picking meeting/driving you?