Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bonfire of the Goddesses

Options

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited February 2011
    Options

I want to throw in my assistant manager.  She is 49 and has done absolutely everything - if you have done it so has she.  For every illness you have, hers has been worse.  It is incredible that some one her age has done so much.  She has been married to her current husband for 3 years and all she ever talks about is her and her 1st husband who died of brain cancer.  She is to annoying.  She has never had bc but thinks she knows more about it and I do because her cousin Janet went through it.  Nothing like having a real like experience of her own.

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    edited February 2011
    Options

Okay, so I FINALLY found something to burn.  I wanna burn all my paperwork pertaining to my breast cancer.  Before being diagnosed, I had an annual visit with my GP and my OB/GYN.  Okay, so occasionally I went to the ENT and had the wax cleaned out of my ears.  So, I had a very small neat file of my medical papers for the last decade.  Now my file cabinet is exploding with documents.  Blood work, bone density test, Oncotype DX score, preliminary and post surgical biopsy reports, paid bill receipts and MORE and MORE paid bill receipts.  Enough is enough already.  I don't want to be reminded about how many doctors I see and I don't want to be reminded that I once had breast cancer.  So into the fire goes all these papers AND I'm adding my husband's papers too!  We visited his cardiologist yesterday and his file...I swear he's on his third file and the first two are 6 inches deep!   While looking at his files, I thought to myself...by now you'd think with all the papers in his file he'd be 100 years old or be dead by now!  Gee -- what are all of these providers doing to us?!!!  So into the fire goes all of our papers!  Breast Cancer and Heart Disease... can....Burn! Burn! Burn!

Now can someone just find me a wheel barrel and give me a hand...because I STILL have THAT damn frozen shoulder that won't go away!  And next week, when I go to Physical Therapy and if the therapist hurts me, like she usually does....guess who is next to go into the fire!  And if the orthopedist tells me once more that I need to schedule surgery so he can "fix that torn rotator cuff and take a peek inside"....well... you get the picture....he's not too far behind on that line with the physical therapist. 

Really!  Enough!  Because I'm sick and tired of my husband and I being sick!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2011
    Options

Reader, I have been doing some spring cleaning including shredding several bankers boxes of allegedly important documents.  Found a rich vein of medical paperwork and have been taking great pleasure thinking of this bonfire as I've fed it into the maw of the shredder. 

There's no reason for me to keep the EOB from my surgical biopsy in Dec. '09.  Or instructions on how to deal with the SE's of chemo.  I can't literally start a fire, because the shredder has an automatic shut off feature when it hits a certain temp, so no flames except the ones here - burn baby burn!

Now about that wheelbarrow, we don't have one but maybe someone else does?  {{hugs}}

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited February 2011
    Options

QCA - you bet that radioligist should burn, unacceptable. 

I was given numbing lotion to put on 2 hrs prior to my tracers.  DH wrapped me with scran wrap to keep it in place.  But I want to put my insurance company or hospital who coded it as an out patient procedure and insurance did not pay.  Had to go to another hospital cuse they did not do it at the one my surgery was taking place in and for possible procedure I may have needed that didn't have to do that screwed up which hospital I was to have the BMX.  My ogbyn did not have rights to the other hospital.  Had to pick a different PS because of it and have had problems since.

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited February 2011
    Options

Here go the people who break BCO rules by deleting posts because they disagree with the ideas expressed (emptying sack of screaming old cats).

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

mjbmiller - That really sucks!  May they burn slow.

• LG300
    LG300 Member Posts: 512
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hadley - Sorry about your (former) friends.  Regarding my hospital incident, my Dad (who's a doctor and a VP at his hospital in DC) followed up with the President of the hospital.  They said they spoke with the nurse, but otherwise they didn't do anything.  He was really upset with them.  I should report them to the Joint Commission - it's a serious violation.  They are supposed to report the incident, but I know they didn't (my Dad asked for a copy of the report, which they never sent).  I think you started your new job today.  How was your first day?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

The flames of our bonfire are getting low.  We need some fuel.  

I did some cleaning of the file cabinet today - way too many EOBs and other test results that I don't need anymore. In they go!  Also going to throw in all those appt reminder cards I have somewho collected.  What did I save them for?  Who knows.  Seems lots of things ended up in one pile and I did not have the energy to go through it.

That's better.  The flames are coming back to life.  

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    edited February 2011
    Options

I would like to throw in all those left over meds that I bought for chemo side effects.  In fact, I'm really gonna go do that!!

• catbill
    catbill Member Posts: 102
    edited February 2011
    Options

Can I add the coworkers who complained to me about how much work there was while I was gone and the fact that they had to work overtime.  I told them I would love to have traded places with any of them.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    edited February 2011
    Options
    catbill - what an adorable dog!
  • voraciousreader
    edited February 2011
    Options

Good news!!! When I was dumping that wheelbarrel full of papers into the bonfire... I got really close to the flames.... On the other side.... Not near grannydukes ex....I was really careful not to get burned. But I was brave and got just close enough for the warmth of the flames to envelope my shoulder.... And low and behold after 5 months of discomfort, I can finally say, my frozen shoulder is beginning to thaw! That bonfire is magical!!!!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited February 2011
    Options

I would like to dump that fat that is in my tummy.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited February 2011
    Options

I would love to throw my little mean white pill tamox in but I know I really need to keep it.  So I will just play like it and maybe that will make me feel better since it has had me feeling so bad.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited February 2011
    Options

Sheila---you made me laugh out loud.thanks for that

Vorc---MAGICAL BONEFIRE---ha--nice.glad you stayed away from my X.you probably saw him with the fangs and horns.and her gettin ready to lose her leg from kidney failure.boy karma really is a bi&$H.you saw them righ??????

anyway wouldnt it be nice to have a magical bonfire....thro theBC first.maybe we can do this fire in cyberspace.hey what do you think????there is a safety in numbers...no harm done....kinda like a seance(spell) in cyberspace.COOL..nuthin to lose.makes you kina think.

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

Voraciousreader-  Glad you did not get burned.  We are not supposed to do that.  If the warmth made your shoulder feel better then it is magical.

grannydukes - BC should have been the first thing I threw in - Oh! there is goes - burn baby burn. 

• vivvygirl
    vivvygirl Member Posts: 171
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hi all,

I want to throw all the journalists that report that this or that celebrity has beaten cancer and is now cured!!!!  Usually it takes them about 3-6 months.. Do they know something we don't?

Feel the burn, sisters.

Hugs, Viv

• voraciousreader
    edited February 2011
    Options

Jo1955--

That bonfire....it IS magical. Really! I felt it's powers when I got close...keep the flames burning!!! Who knows who will feel better next.... :)

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2011
    Options

Sat by a real bonfire last night..found myself staring at it wondering what I could throw in that wasn't toxic!!!...the marshmallows were stale though...really...stale marshmallows are horrible. Who knew????

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

voraciousreader - Perhaps I need to get a little closer next time.  I am coming along in my healing process but still have a ways to go.  Yes, we will keep it going.  There is an oldies song that is titled "Do you believe in Magic?  I do.

• FireKracker
    edited February 2011
    Options

I think there is magic in the burning.I had a psychic friend who passed a few yrs.ago and she used to tell me write it and burn it.The power of the written word and the fire is MAGIC.I was so busy throwing people in the fire i forgot to throuw in all my illnesses SOOOOOOOO

BC goes first.burn

stomach issues---all 95 of them---in you go.

chronic back pain----you are next....enuf for now...I FEEL GREAT.luv my sistas.they bring me hope when im feelin down.God bless.KEEP THE MAGIC GOIN..hugggggggsK

• FireKracker
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hi Jo

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hi Karol 

Hope you had a fun weekend. 

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    edited February 2011
    Options

Here go all the media articles/announcers when they shout about a new treatment, cause or remove a treatment.--  they get so twitterpated about ANYthing --and if it' s "new" , we've already heard of it and if it's a new cause, we've already heard about a conflicting series of research that denies it. 

In they go! 

• vivvygirl
    vivvygirl Member Posts: 171
    edited February 2011
    Options

Just read on another thread that researchers are now thinking that the time on tamoxifen should be 10 years instead of 5.

In goes the researcher....10 years is too long!!

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

vivvygirl - You are right - 10 years is way too long.  As it is, 5 years is too long.  Hope the researcher burn slowly.

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    edited February 2011
    Options

That same non friend of mine who was nasty to me while I had skin falling off from rads burns managed to resurrect herself and appeared at a game at our kids schools last week. She approached me to say that her mom was diagnosed with bc, but it was only stage 1 and not as dire as mine and since her mom was older she had a better prognosis since mine is probably more agressive and dangerous since I am young. Maybe I threw her in twice...chemo brain. But she needs another toss in !!!!!!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited February 2011
    Options

Seriously....Like hearing all the cancer stories of people who have died - how is that supposed to heal us? How does she figure her mom being older makes it a better prognosis???? WTH? You are also younger and fighting this two years later..perhaps she has forgotten that.

I tossed in a resurrected friend last night after being on here and listening to people say 'take care of yourself'...found I was way too sensitve last night, may have hurt the feelings of someone on this board who was trying to help and all because of stress and distress about someone who gives me a stomach ache.....decided just before bed to call and say 'no thank you' to the invite and then tossed her in.

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

geewhiz - What the heck does age have to do with BC and prognosis?  Stupid, ignorant girl.  May she burn slow.

Sandee - We are all going to have our moments of sensitivity and the way I look at it, we more than deserve to have those.  I am sometimes to the point I don't give a damn what others think.  When I read stuff like this, it tends to piss me off.  Sorry but had to get that out. 

• Sandeeonherown
    edited February 2011
    Options

Jo- Not sure which part pissed you off but you have the right to that emotion for sure. The comments about age and cancer ..Did he woman mean if geewhiz was older with an aggressive cancer that she would have a better chance? ..some people should just be quiet and ask questions instead of offering up comments...stats lie, all people are different and healing is a personal thing....stage 1, stage 2....all can be complicated and scary as sh@#%%t...plain and simple... I just don't get how people think it is helpful or ok to say stuff like that....

As for sensitivity...I need to grow a harder shell.......clearly pain, a yeast infection (thank you again tami!) and lack of sleep have put me on the emotional edge again....or I just needed a damn good cry (very possible)...so clearly..sleep is key...still struggling with it but the pills are helping me to at least get 6 hours straight....now to turn off my mind.....not even cancer related thoughts right now....