Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bonfire of the Goddesses

Options

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited February 2011
    Options

I came across all the sports bras I had to wear during surgery recovery and trying to do Mammosite.  I hate those things - too hard to put on over my head.  In they go.  They won't be missed and now I have more space in my drawer for new bras.

Seems there is an endless supply of fuel for this bonfire.   

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited February 2011
    Options

oh wait a min.i have a whole breast center to throw in....i forgot about it.not only the dr.who did all the wrong things the pathologist who changed my path report on the size of the tumor.amended he said.typo error.yea right.and the hospital who lost MY XRAYS.mine.i brought them to him and he lost them....that dump of a hospital (im afraid to put the name) are goin into the fire.BURN IN HELL ALL OF YOU.RIGHT NEXT TO MY X AND THAT B@*#CH....

I got more.give me a few min.ok...this is sooooo much fun.

• molly52
    molly52 Member Posts: 142
    edited February 2011
    Options

I would like to burn the fear I felt on dx.  It hurt so much.  In the fire.  There was a lot of fear - it will burn for a while.  Maybe time for more smores.  Any recipies with peanut butter?

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

Molly - You asked for peanut butter smores - here it is.  Enjoy!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    edited February 2011
    Options

My nurse navigator was WORTHLESS-in she goes!

• FireKracker
    edited February 2011
    Options

im still finding drs.that i want to burn.gastro dr who could not find my bleeding ulcers.CLEAR AS THE NOSE ON HIS FACE. burn in hell you bum.Plus the colitus he never saw...and the beat goes on.....

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

All the anger I have toward the RO.  Of course, I should wait until I call him this week and chew his miserable a@# out.  Then it can go in all at once.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited February 2011
    Options

jo...This thread is so funny i feel everybody's frustration and that's what makes it so real.

Thank You LadiesLaughing

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

I am enjoying this too.  It can be the bright spot in the day.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2011
    Options

I am tossing in the security guard who thought it appropriate to put her hands on my shoulder and leave them there while chatting me up and then tossing me into the mix to get a friggin pat down..yet again! Do I have a message written in invisible ink on my forhead that only folks at Halifax ssecurity can read. Geez!!

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    edited February 2011
    Options

The doc who "arrived" at my bedside and the tech also---neither telling me what the procedure would be like or warning me that injecting my nipple would hurt like hell!  Never saying a freekin word!  Just severe pain and gone---I wish the same for that terrible duo.

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

Iodine - I know exactly what you are talking about.  Just reading it makes me hurt all over again. OUCH!  The techs I had were really nice and they did explain everything - even tried to see if they really had to do all four injections.  

So, on that note, I am going to throw in those memories.  Too painful. 

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    edited February 2011
    Options

Ok, I get it. Into the fire goes my sister-in-law who didn't even have the decency to call my husband, her brother, and say a few kind words to him as he went through all this with me.  He has been such a trouper and she is a loser.  In she goes!!!

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

Omaz - You will think of a ton of other stuff to throw in as you go along.  Heck, I am still throwing stuff in from time to time.

I want to throw in the bottle of Effexor that has made me so sick for the past two days.  Not gonna give that one a second try. 

• omaz
    edited February 2011
    Options

jo - Interesting, my onc wants me to use effexor for hot flashes.  I haven't done it yet.  Sounds like not so good, huh.

• omaz
    edited February 2011
    Options

Dead tongue, dead tongue - I hated the dead tongue thing!!!  In it goes.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited February 2011
    Options

Ok I have been thinking on what to throw in and I want to throw in all the Dr's that do not give us all the information that we need to be able to easily make our choices about our treatments.  It is not up to them to decide how much we need to know. It would be better for us to be on overload than for us to have to search it on the internet and then make more out of it than we have too.  So in the Fire it goes!!!!

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

Omaz - I took one Effexor and with an hour I was terribly nauseated and sick for two days. I had asked my onc for them to control the hot flashes but guess it is not for me.  Have been on the train for a month now and don't think I really need it.

• omaz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jo - Sorry, what is the train?  I think I am a little slow today!
  • geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    edited February 2011
    Options

Omaz, probably the tamoxifen train.

I need to throw in the knucklehead techs who blew 2 of my veins a few weeks ago....then didn't own up to it with the surgeon.

I need advice here...if I already threw somebody in, but they seem to have phoenix'd their way out....what should I do? Douse them in biotine this time and toss them back?

My friend that I figured out isn't really much of a friend because of some kid issues I talked about earlier on this thread as I tossed her in, came to me telling me that her mom got diagnosed stage 1.... But they are so relieved it's not like me being so "dire" at stage 3 and since her mom is 70 and I am 43, it's not nearly as poor of a prognosis since cancer is so much more aggressive when you are young. On second thought....will the biotine make big enough flames to keep her negativity down????

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Omaz - That is what Tamoxifen is referred to on the Bottle O' Tamoxifen thread.  We have made a sort of game out of it and all hoping for a smooth ride.
  • jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options
    geewhiz - Go ahead and use the biotene and see what happens.  If that does not work, use good old fashioned gasoline - that will do the trick.
  • omaz
    edited February 2011
    Options

geewhiz - People can be sooo insensitive!

jo -  Did the tam help with the hot flashes?  Tell me yes!

• jo1955
    edited February 2011
    Options

Omaz -Yes, it did for me.  I went from raging hot flashes - up several times a night and changing clothes to just a few warm waves.  I just kick the covers off for a few minutes until it passes.  I don't have to get out of bed anymore and can go back to sleep much quicker

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203
    edited February 2011
    Options

I would like to throw in the anxiety caused by "Hurry up and wait."  The effort it takes me to keep my mother's spirits up because after all it's my effing cancer.  I'd like to throw the sleepless nights, and the exhausted afternoons.  I'd also like to throw the tears I can't seem to cry, because I'm afraid if I start they won't stop.  I'd like to throw the oncologist who was suffering from a cold, who met with me 50 minutes late, and then was put off by my many questions, especially when she said, "Oh, I meant to read your file at lunch today"(my appt was 10am) I would like to throw in her abrupt attitude because it seems that since I won't need chemo with an oncotype of 4, I'm not a worthy patient.   I needed you doc, more than anyone I've talked to yet.  I would like to throw the 15 times she mentioned my ability to maintain my fertility because every time she said it was lemon juice on my wound.  I didn't have children when I was young, and I can't have them now because the love of my life is already a grandfather.  I don't need the reminder that I'm going to be "infertile" . I would like to throw in the insult (BC) to this injury (No babies).   I would like to throw this bone tired feeling that I can't seem to shake, right onto that fire.  BURN! BURN! BURN!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    edited February 2011
    Options

Oh Hadley I can relate some to your job issues and wanting to burn your boss.  My husband and I work for the same small factory.  Back when it was 2 weeks into my dx the boss lays my husband off.  We were dumbfounded. My boss knew I had cancer and what type of surgery I was facing.  So what dies he do lays the healthy guy off and keeps the one with issues woking up until her surgery.   I do a job that is so simple that my husband could do it and they could have laid me off instead of him.  So the whole time I was off for surgery it was a bit of a strain on  the bank, so to say.  Plus the fact I get the same fake waves when I see him.  He lives just 1.5 blocks away and walks his dogs by my house on a regular basis.  Keep your head up high, and know you are more then what he defines you as.

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    edited February 2011
    Options

GirlFriday.....GET A NEW ONC!!!!!! You should not be suffering this kind of dismissive treatment. There a lots of good docs out there.....go find one!!!! It is so important to have a good doc that supports you, in retrospect of my treatment...it's imperative. And you just cry those tears right into our fire. Let them out, they will make a wonderful healing steam on our flames.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2011
    Options

Girlfriday...you deserved to be heard. So sorry you weren't....

• FireKracker
    edited February 2011
    Options

In my working career i had 2 bosses that were the scum of the earth.one worst then the other.gee i really would like to post their names with the companies that they worked for but i know THATS NOT ALLOWED..or is it????????

anyway in you go.just the first names ok....Sam you rotten dog your first.burn in hell

Steve your second...you ruined our dept and then left us in a mess.all the good people ran away from you.and you kept the employees that were worthless.into the fire you go.head first.

gosh that felt good

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited February 2011
    Options

granny you made me think of two old bosses that I had and I disliked them so much I do not even remember their names but they can go in the bonfire as well.