Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Sorry to hear so many in the work rooms and recovery room. Sure hope everyone 's back in the yard pecking pretty soon. Cancer Sucks.

Mary Social Workers have never been given the credit due them. Nor the pay.  Angel just like you said, they make so many things happen. Yeah and Kudos for the SOCIAL WORKER!!!!!!!!! Mary, hope that makes your day you all deserve it.

• bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210
    Asparagus cake
  • Monty
    Monty Member Posts: 146

OK, Ladies, just found this thread yesterday during my lunch break and couldn't wait to get right back at it again today.  So far I have only managed to get to page 6 and I have to stop now as I cannot contain my laughter any longer and I am trying to read this while at work (supposedly working).  I have not laughed so much in quite a while, and the pictures going through my mind are hysterical.  I dread to think what I will be like by the time I catch up with all your posts - you ladies have me gutting myself laughing.  Can't wait to finish work and get home so I can spend some quality time catching up. Thank you, I really need a hearty laughing session right now and this is definitely the CURE  for me right now.

Gaynor

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

We need more of this!

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923
  • janet in virginia

• veggy
    I thought KFC chickens had 3 legs?  Laughing
  • jelson
    jelson Member Posts: 622

Gaynorl -

Your post makes me wonder about the origins of some of the themes/motifs? woven through this thread. I can't speak to asparagus or aluminum foil hats - but I am pretty sure the chicken originated with someone criticizing the non-serious nature of the thread - referring to the posters as cackling hens - and that was enough to inspire the hilarity and invention which has ensued on that theme. Hats ( aluminum) off to the ladies who make laughter out of disparaging remarks and who refuse to lose their senses of humor in the face of BC. Cackle on!

Julie E

• thenewme
    thenewme Member Posts: 174
  • mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250

Thanks Sas and Angel.  I supervise many social workers and continue to fight to have just one dedicated for out-patient oncology and radiation to be able to do all those things you mentioned.  I love what I do.

• janet in virginia
  • EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

It will soon be time for an update to the CURE recipe...keep those suggestions coming in! Wouldn't want to leave out anything...

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

speaking of the cure

we ate asparagus last night! lol!

but boy does that stuff make your pee stink!!!!!!

• Monty
    Monty Member Posts: 146

I was very lucky to have an amazing social worker assigned to help me right from the date of my first visit to the Cancer Centre.  She offered fantastic advise, support and practical help - turly outstanding.  I am amazed to hear that not every cancer centre offers this service as a standard of care.  This whole journey can be a minefield and we need someone there to help guide us through.  I did wonder when we were first introduced why I was being given a social worker but within minutes I fully understood how useful she was going to be.  Even now when I return for my 6 monthly check ups we always find time for a chat to catch up.  I have a friend in Alberta who has just started on the cancer journey for lymphoma and I was surprised when she told me she had not been assigned a social worker, not standard practice at the centre she attends.  These people are truly amazing in their knowledge and compassion and should be rewarded on a daily basis!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Jelson you are right about when the cackling occurred. It was around page 40.

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

guess who is getting plastered this weekend???

ME!!!

IT'S MY 30TH BIRHTDAY SUNDAY! WOOT WOOT!!!!

i'm partying from sunday till my wedding anniversary (june 6th) cause i go back to work on the 8th!

party in the henhouse starts at 2:30 on sunday! (although i will be at the other henhouse a.k.a. the bar!!!!)

• EmilyInOntario

Happy Birthday in advance hdangel..since I can't keep of what day is what just yet..(chemo brain) and will likely forget by Sunday. I suggest for those of us who can't have alcohol for whatever reason congregate at the non alcoholic bar in the Hen House for the party. I'll have a glass of Chicken Alexander..or perhaps a Fuzzy Poultry Navel...substituting the alcohol with chicken broth..*cluck*

• naty41
    naty41 Member Posts: 5

I had a neighbor come by two nights ago wanting me to go with her to a Doctor that cures everything with Magnets.  I very graciously told her I don't have faith in Magnets and declined to go with her.  She was surprised that I wouldn't jump at the chance to get cured!  Talk about stupid! She really believes that placing a magnet on my cancer is going to cure it.

• veggy

Wouldn't the MRI cure cancer since it is a magnet?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 323

Emily and TheGood5 - hang in there chickies, "one day at the time" I clucked to myself the whole way through.  Before you know it, it will all be over and you'll be looking just like the rest of us, cluck, cluck

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 323

The CURE, the CURE !!!!  Could it be in the TEPEE way back in the yard, behing the coop ???

We could listen to Chickenfoot music while munching on our oyster shells grit, couack, puff, puff

• EmilyInOntario

Haha..I need my eyes checked...I first read "magnets" as maggots...

Then I thought teepee meant TP as in toilet paper...until I saw the next post and the picture...( try to imagine a toilet paper cure..from behind the Hen House...yikes)

Maybe I have had one too many Chicken Cocktails...

• EmilyInOntario

I'll add maggots and toilet paper to the CURE recipe too..just in case..

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177

Maggots, did i miss something? I thought we were trying (more like NOT trying) magnets... well i suppose if your cancer was cause by too much iron tablets????   Naty41 (welcome!) your response was very poilte and controlled!

HD-Angel. happy birthday, girl, you know life begins at....  soon! Get on with it, can't afford to waste any more time Have a good one! I'm thinking that if you party for that long at a stretch then you maybe won't be back at work for an extra week or two, be gentle on yourself

Toilet paper, well there was a lot of Bounty involved early on. Which caused great amusement to those of us me included in countries where Bounty is a coconut based chocolate bar.

Edit: Emily, I just re-read your post, i get it now, sorry. Standing reprimanded in the corner, looking for North of course bc of the magnets in my bloodstream and wondering if we are safe, lighting a fire inside a tent. I think it's past my bedtime....

• janet in virginia

Do magnets stick to tin foil?  I'll have to try it on my hat.

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177

i think aluminium is exempt from magnetism? i know UK coin-metal is, and gold and silver.

• janet in virginia
  • janet in virginia
  • MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

poor, poor, Randy, LOL!!!

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

hdangelbaby:  A Happy Clucking Birthday to you!!!

Hen Cake