Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 323

SOOOO Scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyy  !  Where's my whole grain coated valium ?  A good shampoo anyone to regrow my plumes ? guess the electrical field failed.....

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

That is one ugly chicken !!! Puf puff pass

• [Deleted User]
  • sas-schatzi

Good job--Luan--------Our predessor, That did have a strong bone or voice  in his body contrary to public opinion.

Fuzzy, emily, lowrider meece. is evryone in the recovery room , or the smoking room?

• ShellyJo
    ShellyJo Member Posts: 53
    I have a a lot of stupid comments from people about my hair. Those don't bother me so much. What bothered me is when I was going thru 18 weeks of TAC chemo, when these granola crunchy/salesmen types would tell me all I need is, "Their miracle elixer" or shakley product. REALLY?  So you are telling me that, the same people that make cleaning products can cure cancer? AMAZING!! You are a moron!!! 
  • sas-schatzi

Shelley---------when my hair started coming back in -----there was a spot that wasn't coming in quite right. I used the female product of minixodil. I ended up with a humongous infection, I was on Arimidex---all AI's predispose us to infections. After 5 weeks of dermatologist medication that wasn't  making a dent. I did a search on the internet.  I found a peer reviewed pediatric journal article on bleach baths. A question of more recent origin caused me to do another search. I put together several articles , plus I think I added my anecdotal story. The bacteria I had was worse than MRSA. I just bumped the thread because of other info in the thread for someone else. The threads name is "THE SKIN AND CAPPILARIES LOOK BAD TO THE SURGEON"  I and others made suggestions on this thread. I decided to add the bleach bath search to it b/c it would be easy to find.  Since first reading the pediatric article, there have been many other studies or reviews. I predict that within 3-5 years it will become a major player in wound care. It's important to read each article. For example, I think it was the second article that gave a better description of the steps how to do a bleach bath than the primary article did. The last article which was to WEBMD which is not considered a peer review article, made the statement with the increase in community aquired MRSA from community athletic facilities a bleach bath might be something to consider. The importance of that is that it is starting to reach the general populace of doc's vs just researchers. Now that may have had nothing to do with your comment, but I just had reason to bump it for someone else. AND I had this skin thing in the hair , eyebrows, and LE arm. so I just have done 3 days of bleach baths. With corticosteroid cream applied to the arm and eyebrows(my dermatologist would scream-----no corticosteroids on the face). AT this point I'm clear. The eye thing was picked up from trying on eyeglasses ----which I won't do again without clorox wipes. TMI sorry , but not sorry ------sas

• [Deleted User]

Shelley, hi, i was on Tac x 6 too, can u tell us whats wrong with your hair, no offense Sas and sorry for all the nasty problems u had to deal with :((, but it may be the protocol thats to blame :(

• sas-schatzi

Luan -no problemo---------it was just stuff that was fresh on my skin so to speak.

• [Deleted User]

Yewwwww, bet the chicken flea didn,t help either...quack, put, put, on my way to the spa, thought it would be a good idea after the end of the world event, pouuackk, soooo stressed, putput

• sas-schatzi

Puff  puff I wish.

• [Deleted User]

Sas, just came back from that thread and got so far as ure post re scalp infec and u got me seriously thinking. what were ure symptoms, itching, anything ? All i have is extreme tenderness :(

• sas-schatzi

Luan -it was extreme itchiness pain and scabs---only in the area where I put the minixodil.  then went to dermatologist and you read the rest of the story.  Now had some sort of something lower scalp. Thats why I did the bleach baths. seem to be free now.  questions? trying to talk to DS at same time.

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923

Have all the chickens flown the coop??  Cluck. 

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

Still in the corner here...waiting for the chemo misery to lift...day 11 here. Each round seems to take longer to recover from..dang it...cluckin' chemo sucks...

• sas-schatzi

Emily, Oh cluck , but glad you chirp a little. I've never told you this , but I love your avatar.---for some reason it makes me think of tough flowers on a mountain top that break through after a snow melt. Anywhere close?

Janet----yes the hen house had been so quiet---have know idea how many in the recovery or smoking room  !!

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

I have to shout this out, cause i love my social worker at our cancer center here.

my disability insurance company hasn't paid me in 2 weeks. my claim is "under review" long story.. stresses me out talking about it.

anyway.... i have 1/4 tank of gas left, probably won't get my 2 weeks of back pay till next week, and my husband's checks from both jobs had to pay all the bills this week.

so we are broke.....

I never asked before because we never needed it, but i shyly asked today if when i come in tomorrow for my appt if i could get some help with gas (we live 20 minutes away from the hospital) and i told my social worker the situation.

he is wonderful! he told me to come see him after my appointment and he will give me a gas card! he made my day!!! Laughing

• sas-schatzi

Angel------Each cancer center usually has a person dedicated to locating finacial help. Don't be afraid to ask the same SW what else you could apply for. There are hidden resources. There are Foundations that will help ---the problem is finding them-----The SW may help with that, are's did, it was huge. Next Pm I'll tell you how much. L&H sas

• hdangelbaby

thanks sas!!

i guess we always just try to do everything on our own, ya know? this was the first time we asked for help. and it was so nice to hear his voice on the other end say "well of course we can help you with that!"

• EmilyInOntario

Sas ...my daughter took this photo last year. The yellow flowers are wildflowers growing among the rocks of Georgian Bay,Ontario...sometime late last spring. They were such a bright spot of colour among the rocky shore of the bay that they really captured our attention...such delicate beauty in such a rugged setting. You've really made me think now...this could be an analogy for all of us...as we struggle to blossom and thrive through the rocky course we are all facing...

• sas-schatzi

Emily----I was close, Georgian Bay is up there --well considering I'm in Florida. My moms family is from the Lindsay area. They've spread all over Canada from Vancouver to Hudson Bay, Alberta, over many areas of Ontario.  I Love your analogy It would be a great quote to put up above your diagnosis. Now I love the picture even more It will cause me to think of my mom. When I said tough flower , it was in the sense that it had to push itself up in such rough surroundings and it wasn't going to be stopped. Which is what your analogy is saying. .....Cool.

Angel---By going through the resources identified by the SW's from our insurance company and the cancer center --it was just over 10,000 in grant money. But for the most part---95%, all the applications had to be done by us. Some were real simple and some were daunting for the amount of data that had to be collected(on chemo/anesthesia brain). But if we hadn't asked the question of the Social Workers about what was available, we would never have known.  That money covered allot of bills. There was one foundation , that their requirement was  that the money couldn't be used for medical anything. The $'s had to be used for things like utilities, taxes, mortgage pymt., groceries. The  first week after being enrolled , I hit one of those tire---axle eating storm sewers to the tune of 1300$. There money paid for that. I cried , but think what it would have meant had we not found them.

• [Deleted User]

Quack, quack !!

After being attacked by louse and running around like chickens with no heads, I'm back from the spa !  Sas, told them minoxidil prohibited on my ohhhhh soooo tender skin, pouh, pouh, but they did give me the asparagus jay to relaxxxx, so stressed !!! and they did add a bit of javex in the water, we'll see what happens, put, put

chicken chickens jacuzzi jacuzzis animal animals

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177

Its actually quite amazing what help is out there once we brave it out and go ask, Sometimes it takes a bit of searching out and perseverance, makes me cry when little things happen for good so unexpectedly. Sometimes we fight too much to do everything by ourself and maybe that's why we are in this stupid club to start with.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Okay, I don't remember if we've added this to the cure - but my niece offered to pump some breast milk for me if I want.  She was only half kidding but I told my onc today I was thinking he should add it to my infusion (I definitely wouldn't want to drink it) since I have a source.  He laughed with me (nice to know he has a sense of humor).

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Almost three pages to read. You can't go away for a few days without a lot happening or not happening.

Sas, was pleased we missed out on the rature we have had a really good break.

I must do some work, can't sit here and play.

• sas-schatzi

wher e------------ are our regulars==========???????????        Emily popped ouT Fuzzzy al where are you alll????????

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177

I think they must all be out by the back door, no the other other back door, doing it all by PM that bush telephone system they made about forty pages ago....

Maybe there WAS a rapture and they were all in the First Wave? 

• EmilyInOntario

I'm here...I'm the chicken on the right in the bleach bath in Luan's sink pic above. Taking me a long time to shake of the chemo misery this time...*cluck* I think Fuzzy is having a rough time too...

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284

I'm here...trying to not get "extra crispy" during my radiation...

• mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250

Angel, I'm a medical social worker of 16 years.  Made me feel so good to hear someone of my profession was of help.  CancerCare can help with about $100 a pop if the proper referral is made.  Sas is right, we just have to ask  but that is typically hard for most of us to do.  Glad you got help.  We really do try.

• hdangelbaby

my social worker deserves an award, for sure! he has been so helpful and caring throughout this whole process, from being the "go between" between my disability insurance company and the doc so i didn't have to do so much of the paperwork and such, he is so knowledgeable and did so much so my husband and I didn't have to worry about it on top of everything else.

he deserves something special..... maybe some cupcakes!!