Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Options

Comments

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923
    Options

I'm still thinking about the idea of Stupidity Awareness Month.  Seems to me we need to come up with an annual screening test to diagnose stupid people.

• kelben
    kelben Member Posts: 199
    Options

that shouldn't be hard

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    Options
    I'm not pretty either...I have never been pinked before. Cry
  • Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

I found this slogan on the internet:

Stupid people are complicated enough. LOL!!

Veggy and Susan, you are both GORGEOUS!!!  I wish I still had the email so I could post it here for you.  Someone must have one??

• veggy
    Options

Thanks, but you just don't know how it feels to never have been pinked.

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

not having been pinked... how does it feel? ... it makes you want to dress in bacon..... some soft, some crisp, some drenched in VT maple syrup.

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    Options

You are all very funny  I've read the whole set of pages ( there's a better word but chemo brain is still with me) ...I've been off the board for a long time..glad to see that a sense of humor .....just have to say after 6 years....the first thing you need for the "Cure for Stupid" is a RIBBON....but what color???  Chartreuse.....and maybe it should have Stupid embossed on one of the ends.....then you could all just send the Cure for Stupid Ribbon to those idiots...  I'm open to any suggestions for another color.

Someone mentioned Charlie Sheen....he could be the spokesperson in the "Puff for the Cure"

My personal favorite preventative from a very stupid person was ....feng shui....if only I feng shui ed my house it never would have happened.  

Of course lunching with an "old friend" who told me after I ordered a glass of red wine...that red wine caused  breast cancer....I was able to say. "Whew I can have the wine....I already have IT"

Keep it going ...the laughter here is good for all of us

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

OMG! Thank you so much Mak. It was so... sparkly, and shiny... and BIG. I will be singing "I feel so pretty, so pretty" all night long. 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Well, at least the stupidest I ran into was someone I didn't know.

I went to a program run by Beit Natan, a support organization for women with cancer. At the end of the day we were all given a small plant. The pot had a sticker on it with a nice saying and said "from Beit Natan". On my way home I stopped in a drug store and put the plant on the counter while I got out my wallet. The woman behind me on line read the saying and asked what Beit Natan is. When I told her she moved away from me.

She probably went home and ate asparagus.

Leah

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,519
    Options

Leah_S.....if we had only known that BC was contagious, none of us would have had to endure this journey......we could just have avoided stupid people!!!

I love asparagus....and with lemon juice that sounds good.....wonder if I start eating then daily if my boobs can grow back!!!

This thread is great!!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Options

I grow asparagus in my garden.  I wonder if I get the soil really, really wet, and rolled in it, if it would have the same curing properties?

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394
    Options

I think the Cure Guy is being held hostage in Nick Nolte's basement. 

Did you remember the 200 daily pills? (He does.)  You can add them to your morning smoothie, or you can stuff the 73 garlic cloves and bake the pills inside, 500 degrees for fifteen minutes; drizzle with super extra-extra virgin olive oil, chopped asparagus, lemon juice, and wild-caught hand-packed Alaskan fish bones.

• LuvMyLab
    LuvMyLab Member Posts: 34
    Options

If we're all stuffing our undergarments, asparagus is fine in the bra, don't make the mistake I did and stuff my underpants with the cottage cheese...

• veggy
    Options
    Makraz - I feel so special! Wow! I have been pinked! I am honored to be in the realm of pink ladies. Do we get to wear special jackets and is there a secret handshake? Wink
  • mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250
    Options

My DH is a man of the cloth.  He has loved me sharing this thread with him.  He's also retired military.  He said the real cure for stupid would be to have the oncologist be mandated to issue one silver hollow point bullet to each BC patient to use for that one stupid person in our lives.  Then the others would stay awayKiss  Meece, I love the bras and order one bacon for the cure.  I've also never been pinked, but don't feel too left out.

Ladies, I have not laughed this hard in years.  This is a heaven send for me.

• Makratz
    Options

You're welcome!

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394
    Options

There IS one secret to the cure - you have to take an oath to only wear pink and you have to BELIEVE in the power.

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    Options
    Man, you leave the house for 4 hours to replenish your Doritos and Pepsi supplies from every WalMart within a 50 mile radius (do you think the Cancer Guy could be hiding amongst the WalMart people?  It would be easy to do!) and I come back to 4 pages of posts to catch up on.  This thread is growing like a weed!  Speaking of that....puff, puff, pass.  Gonna go open me some Doritos! Cool
  • thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631
    Options

I am so sad when I have to leave the thread and actually do something for the day ... but when I get back ... and get caught up, laughing like crazy... and then re lit ... and shower (with the cure guy if possible) ... and smear and puree and smear again ... and inhale ... oh shoot ... can't remember what I was doing next ... OH!  I was looking for my cause ... I know it's around here somewhere ...

puff puff passing ...

• veggy
    Options

Photobucket

asparagus man

• flopsy
    flopsy Member Posts: 43
    Options

Thanks for all the laughs!!!!   You girls are hilarious.   I spent the afternoon reading all the posts.   Wish I had something really funny to add but right now I am dry.   Maybe I should get some asparagus and cottage cheese and go to NM to shower with the Cancer Guy!!!!   I will stop somewhere and get some Bounty unless you guys have bought it all up.  Ginny

• flash
    flash Member Posts: 129
    Options

ROTFL.  This is great!

• thefuzzylemon
    Options

OK - I decided to work with animal testing ... after I put the ingredients on my credit card, I brought it home to prepare ... grabbed the dog (he's all mellowed out from my second hand of course) and smeared him ... took me a while with all his fur.

I walked away, just to put all the bowls (not THAT one), towels, spatulas, etc in the sink ... DAMN DOG LICKED HIMSELF CLEAN!!  OH what do I do?  He's infected for sure! 

Ugh.  I have a treatment tomorrow so I guess he's just going to have to go with me and get hooked up.,,he'll loooooooove the brownies Laughing

• Makratz
    Options

Maybe we're supposed to lick ourselves clean?  Ot have the Cancer guy do it??

• thefuzzylemon
    Options

Hmmm....I could use a little of that cure .... LOL!! 

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288
    Options

I've been off looking for the Cure Guy posse but haven't found them. It's possible they had to go much farther than they planned...

• Meece
    Options

But the government won't let us travel to the moon anymore.  What are we to do?

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284
    Options

Mak and Meece...you two have me peeing my pants!  That bacon bra is the funniest thing yet!

• Meece
    Options

Oh, oh, better get Bounty...

• Meece
    Options

I prefer the select-a-size for my home.  That way I can cure a touch of cancer if I catch it again.