Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Options

Comments

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

Girlfriday.  I would love to sit next to you!  LOL!!  If you don't have anything nice to say..........

Maybe listening to my mother and the nuns say that to me my whole life, I would not have gotten breast cancer.

I'm going to blend me up some aspargus now.

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284
    Options

In the reoccurring photo of asparagus guy, it looks like a Bavarian sign behind him....could he have been a flight risk and gone overseas?

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    Options

Thank you Girlfriday, you have opened my eyes! I guess all those nasty thoughts about my MIL backfired. It took 26 years before my thoughts piled up and poisoned me. I am such an evil, wretched person. She was right. If only I had known then what I know now. I would have been a more positive person, giving in to her. I must go and ask, no beg, for her forgiveness.

YEAH RIGHT!

• Melanie_Ann
    Melanie_Ann Member Posts: 53
    Options

People are going to think I'm strange when I burst out laughing in the produce section at the grocery store....lol. They'll probably think I'm even more strange since I'm bald.

It's hard to laugh at an inside joke when no one else around you knows it...haha. But I do find myself smiling at random points throughout the day when I hear anything related to asparagus, coffee, lemon juice, bacon, etc, etc. =) 

• Elizabeth1959
    Elizabeth1959 Member Posts: 78
    Options

Help

I want to post a photo and I don't know how.  Please let me in on the secret>

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923
    Options

There are so many of THEM - the asparagus people!!!   I think we need to notify Homeland Security.

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780
    Options

I know!  And didn't I see some women in there?  I thought it was the Cure GUY, now we have to look for a potential cure GAL?!  This is wearing me out!!

Order me one of those bras!

• scuttlers
    scuttlers Member Posts: 149
    Options

And all this time I thought Windex was the answer.

• TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804
    Options

OH MY!! They are asparagus Pod people- taking over intelligent humans and making then stupid. Ladies, get out your blenders and puree them into oblivion!! They are no longer a threat when pureed.

I don't think I will ever be able to say Starbucks again!

• thegood5
    Options

Janet...don't you mean "Farmland Security"? 

Melanie...I just got back from the store and cracked up at the aspargus...but they know me there and probably just thought I was being my usual self.  I'll just hear "starbutts" in my head and lose it.  And those pics...they had me wetting myself!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Options

And when I think "starbutts" I picture the common result of drinking too many vente' latte's.

• veggy
    Options

Photobucket

"Invasion of the Asparagus People"

• AliceJean
    AliceJean Member Posts: 8
    Options

You guys are awesome!! I think I will dress up as asparagus, with lemon accessories, for the 3-Day this year!!(I don't walk, just cheer) And, and, I can pass out warm plastic bottles of tea!!! yeah!!!

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631
    Options

STARBUTTS!!!! That's good humor even when you're not half baked!!! LOL

Puffing....puffing....pass

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    Options

i can't believe my beloved hello kitty has succumbed to the asparagus ways.....

oh well... at least i can eat my bra for breakfast!!! lol!!

i got the facebook message too. this morning as a matter of fact.,,, do i just have chemo brain..... or... i didn't quite get it. a fruit for your relationship status.... and this helps breast cancer HOW? i think this one is stupidity in the raw.... just like asparagus

i used to have a bumper sticker that read "STUPIDITY SHOULD BE PAINFUL"

it should, it really really should!

• msjag
    msjag Member Posts: 64
    Options

OMG, this is too funny so glad I was told to come to this thread!!!  All along I've had the power to cure myself with my container of cottage cheese, just needed the asparagus..silly me.

thanks everyone for your humor, had my first radiation today and was feeling like I wish it was the last, but I've been sitting here laughing so much, just what was needed!!!

Angel, you are too funny!!

• hdangelbaby
    Options

oh lordy be.. oh lordy be... i'm going out to dinner with a friend tonight..

red wine? white wine? which one will cure me? or kill me? ooohh.. sake.. that's what i want

chinese food? msg? soy? hmmm,,,, just another notch in the old belt of cancer

think i may have to order general cure guy chicken, but it must have asparagus, lemons, organic chicken, garlic, and bacon..

now that i wrote that, it sounds really good!! lol!!

but i am definitely going out and having a drink, or two, and enjoying my damn dinner! lol!

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

HD, you should be fine.  Eat, drink and be merry.  Just make sure you take an asparagus shower when you get home, preferably with the Cure Guy.  Have fun!

• veggy
    Options
    And keep a positive attitude as you are drinking your wine. That shouldn't be too hard. Wink
  • veggy
    Options

Photobucket

Photobucket

More and more children are being lured by asparagus.

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    Options

Finding a cure for stupid? Hmmm.....Isn't that like saying something is idiot proof?  NOT!  Idiots can be very creative, and can break almost anything.  I know I married 2 of them, (at seperate times), oh wait, that may be the cure for stupid, Marry an idiot or 2.

Puff, puff, pass..........where are those doritos and pepsi?  Oh wait is it naptime? ZZZZZZZZZZ

• Lena
    Lena Member Posts: 132
    Options

Meece I thought it was the HOT FLASHES which cooked your bacon bra!

• hdangelbaby
    Options

lena, you hit it right on the head!!!!! it is the hot flashes cooking the bacon bra!!

i can't wait to tell my friend over dinner and drinks about this thread!!! it will make for some great laughs and conversation!

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    Options

Pod people, Mr Bill, Hello Kitty... too funny.

Many thanks for the laughs!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765
    Options

OMG, I just dropped a dorito on the floor and the dog ate it.  Now she's going to get cancerCry

Meece, I want to change my asparagus bra order to two bacon bras.  I LOVE bacon and my hotflashes should cook it nicely.

Do you think coke zero does the same thing as pepsi?

Puff, Puff, Puff, Pass

• Lena
    Lena Member Posts: 132
    Options

Okay girls, it's gonna take me awhile to type it up on the computer so I'll post it later this evening or tomorrow, BUT ---

There IS a screening test for stupidity!!!!!  *I* actually wrote it myself in the 1980s -- before I had a computer but also waaaaaay pre-chemo/while I still had my brain (at least after noontime and/or three or more cups of coffee), and this thread made me remember it! I just dug it up from my "ancient treasures" folder and re-read it. 

The test itself is to determine one's Oatmeal Quotient (OQ). The higher a person's OQ, the more oatmeal they have for brains. At that time, I was a musician/composer/recording artist/audio engineer, so I had to have a way to find out if I or anyone else was mentally competent enough to be doing all this technical stuff (especially with all that pot smoking me, my friends and colleagues did hoping we wouldn't get cancer). IOW, necessity is the mother of invention, so I had to do this. Nice to see it'll still be useful after all these years.

Oh and speaking of STUPID: does that stupid picture inserting tree really and truly expect me to hunt down the effin' DIMENSIONS of the pictures I want to post in order to post them? GRRRRRRRR!

(my OQ used to only range from 0-15; these days it's probably in the thousands somewhere...)

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923
    Options

Just finished cooking up a pot of the 'brew for the cure' for the weekend.  Has a few more hours to simmer.   My nosy neighbor came over and knocked on the door asking what was that awful smell.  I answered the door with my asparagus hat on and said "What smell?"  Didn't invite her in - afraid she'd turn me in for witchcraft.  Can't be too careful. Then again, if we all start acting crazy, maybe they'd find a cure faster.    puff puff....pass

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288
    Options

I see I'm going to be busy this evening updating the "cure". And who KNEW there were SO many "Asparagus People" ? I had no idea.

I'm almost afraid to go grocery shopping myself after being involved with this thread.  But maybe the other shoppers will give me a wide berth when they see me laughing hysterically as I load my cart with asparagus.

Was an answer given to the lady who wanted to know how to insert pics? Copy the picture from the internet and paste in this text box. This didn't work for me in Firefox so I used Explorer.

• thegood5
    Options

I tried to put a picture on like Emily mentioned but it didn't work?!

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    Options

PHOTO POSTING TIPS:

1. the photo has to be online somewhere with a URL

2. Copy/Paste the URL into BC.org using the "tree" icon above. (You do not need to specify image dimensions, just place the URL into the top line)

3. Click the "Insert" button

Photo should appear in your post. This site had some issues with Photobucket, and I'm not sure it will accept URLs from that site. I believe I tried posting from there once and had trouble so, keep that in mind--- may have to use Snapfish, or some other online photo host etc.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....