OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• SillyMama
    SillyMama Member Posts: 49

marywh,

I'm brainstorming here... so these are random thoughts... You might borrow some garment construction ideas from the condom dresses... If you Google that, I'm sure you'll get there. I'm also thinking about the typical (circle with a slash) symbol - like the one used with no smoking signs... you could make that in any color... And the old adage pops into my mind: "Denial: It ain't just a river in Egypt..."

Anyone else want to throw out ideas?

• SillyMama

Alyson,

I searched for an image to go with your sore "feets."

This one was cute:

feet

But further down on the same set of image search results, imagine my surprise when I found:

Asparagus

From our friends at:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-foot-pain2.htm

"Asparagus. For swollen feet, look in the veggie drawer for that nice, fresh asparagus you bought. Steam and eat. Asparagus acts as a natural diuretic, which flushes the excess fluid out of your system."

Apparently we really don't HAVE to smoke it anymore. But, aw heck... I think it works faster... Puff, puff, PASS!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

You mean it's my feet and not the asparagus that gives urine that funny smell?  Wink

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

love the costume suggestions-keep them coming IM not very creative these days.

• Tazzy
    Tazzy Member Posts: 1,442

I knew there was a thread here about cure alls... and I found you - hope you dont mind me jumping in.   I received this email today about lemons... and as I was reading all through here - my gosh you girls are funny... found the last one from marywh about the lemons... well dont asparagrass - sorry asparagus - and lemons go together???

Here is the email in all its glory.

Institute of Health Sciences, 819 N. L.L.C. Charles Street Baltimore, MD 1201.

This is the latest in medicine, effective for cancer! 
    Read carefully & you be the judge.

Lemon (Citrus) is a miraculous product to kill cancer cells. It is 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapy.

Why do we not know about that? Because there are laboratories interested in making a synthetic version that will bring them huge profits. You can now help a friend in need by letting him/her know that lemon juice is beneficial in preventing the disease. Its taste is pleasant and it does not produce the horrific effects of chemotherapy. How many people will die while this closely guarded secret is kept, so as not to jeopardize the beneficial multimillionaires large corporations? As you know, the lemon tree is known for its varieties of lemons and limes. You can eat the fruit in different ways: you can eat the pulp, juice press, prepare drinks, sorbets, pastries, etc... It is credited with many virtues, but the most interesting is the effect it produces on cysts and tumors. This plant is a proven remedy against cancers of all types. Some say it is very useful in all variants of cancer. It is considered also as an anti microbial spectrum against bacterial infections and fungi, effective against internal parasites and worms, it regulates blood pressure which is too high and an antidepressant, combats stress and nervous disorders.

The source of this information is fascinating: it comes from one of the largest drug manufacturers in the world, says that after more than 20 laboratory tests since 1970, the extracts revealed that: It destroys the malignant cells in 12 cancers, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreas ... The compounds of this tree showed 10,000 times better than the product Adriamycin, a drug normally used chemotherapeutic in the world, slowing the growth of cancer cells. And what is even more astonishing: this type of therapy with lemon extract only destroys malignant cancer cells and it does not affect healthy cells.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

And of course their sources are not disclosed for verification.

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234

Do limes have the same cure all benefits?   I often put lime in my coca cola and (of course) in my rum and coke...    But then how is it I got BC in the first place?    

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Lemons showed their faces first -

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Oh yeaah....gotta love a crazed out lemon; )

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Squeeze it over the asaparagus then smoke!!!!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Are we supposed to cook the asparagus? I guess I assumed we were smoking it raw. Any idea how many lemons we need to effect a cure?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

I need to smoke this one all in a bundle - I am going through alot with that stupid hole in my breast scar - it blew again and blew the scab completely off... 

bundle 

• SillyMama

I think that missing cure guy recruited the lemon for an out-of-town gig.

Here's the lemon with her new singing group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCQQTwzYCZk

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233

Alyson - love your owls, looked at them real hard.  I am expresso. Brought them forward to laugh at again.

LOVEEssa

• Omeggo
    Omeggo Member Posts: 42

Hey Gma...Did ASPARAGUS SMOKE blow through the hole?  Now that's tokin'!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Omeggo actually it smoked out a pin hole to the right of the big hole. Wink wink puff puff

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980

Lemons....the cure.....?????????? 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Found thisThought it appropriate for October.

• julz4
    julz4 Member Posts: 1,373

Thank YOU ALL for the morning laughs!  I misplaced my funnybone with my DX....must of been soured by those lemons! (cough cough)

• veggy

• veggy

• veggy

• veggy

• Omeggo

Wow!  The Sharks and Jets in Kittyland!  I bet a good vocal number is in the works there, too!

• Omeggo

The other posts are pretty mesmerizing, too.  What is up with that!!!  Thanks Veggy!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

OH veggie, that looks like my old cat Sasha, when I moved to my current house, I let him out once and he got into a hissing match just like this one!

were you in my back yard about 10 years ago?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

LOve it veggy----slapping someone and saying Mosquito. i repeat this b/c this is going to the next page(look back to page 182)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Tassy--lemons have value for all sorts of things, but this is an irony thread, not a place to bring anectdotal info that may lead someone to think it's true without qualified research-----or were you jokingand I didn't get it?

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62

veggy

I love your posts; they always make me laugh.

• Tazzy
    Tazzy Member Posts: 1,442

ooops... and sorry I missed the irony - ok definitely blaming chemo brain on that one Tongue Out