gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

sorry grandma

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

oh dear, so sorry not bingo~

is that really you?

• gmafoley

ROFL nope but it could be my mom escaping from her nursing home.. Hmmm maybe I should check on that.

• gmafoley

Was just walking across the street, on my LE sleeves and gauntlets, to meet my DH and someone yelled at me to "go get a moped"! Do I look that bad? And why does that statement bother me so much?

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Gma. no idea what the silly person meant

try to ignore it even though it is hard

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

What a weird thing to yell at you. Did you give them the finger? I have always wanted to do that to somebody,but have never been brave enough.

• gmafoley

No Mary, I'm another one who is too nice to give them the finger. I just got out of PT and wasn't even expecting that. I thought of alot of things to say after the fact.

• marywh

Thats kind of how that works isnt it? You always think of the best things to say or do later, after you had time to think about it.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Wel, here's the finger for that idiot:  cursor middle finger emoticon

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

A moped? Weird. I wonder if he had one for sale. Haha, I agree with mary. A finger for anyone yelling at you for ANY reason. Please practice according to Shell's graphic. :)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

SHELL, how did you do yhe Finger?????????? Hrmph GMA a moped!!!!!

• marywh

We have the golf tourni in Charlotte this week-end, traffic is terrible already. Golf people are terribly rude drivers. Lots of finger-giving and road rage going on. I think Ill stay in the hen house and roost till its all over.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

There behavior on the road is probably pretty similar to there behavior on the golf course!

• shellshine

Googled: middle finger emoticon

• marywh

Yep, and most of them are middle-aged men going through their mid-life crisis in their convertables or big-ass pick-up trucks. I really do hate trying to go anywhere in town.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

GMA, Isn't that when you wish you had the power to deliver curses? I'm thinking, "May you spend your years in a wheelchair with no friends left to push."

I used to take a bus home from downtown. There was a man with a walker who crossed from the Senior Center to his apartment, taking 4 lights. It was so cool to see the bus driver sit there unruffled thru 4 green lights.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Lol, wren! Love it.

• shellshine

I love that story, Wren.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

I don't know which is cooler - that the bus driver was unruffled, or that you - one of the bus passengers, was unruffled.  Some of the riders on the buses I ride are ridiculously impatient and push the already out of control drivers to be even more out of control.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I like this idea - highly caffinated chocolate!!!!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I'll take some!

• marywh

Me too-that looks yummy!

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

OK Chunky Dunkers!  I'd like to join the fun in the hen house.  I always have asparagus in frig, sometimes I even fix it to eat.  Just as often, it sits in frig and gets all slimy and nasty, along with lettuce and other green things that land in my grocery cart.  I qualify for stupid shopper/cook of the year.  (need a cure)

Now, I have one question.  How do we know that the Cure Guy is really a guy?  Could it possibly be a gal?  Maybe someone we all know?  Or ....... I just know there's a lot of stupid running around these days.  And I don't even get out much.

Jan I Am

• marywh

Welcome Jan, our little hen house is quiet these days. Hopefully it will pick up soon. The week-ends are usually more quiet too. As for the cure guy, We dont really know What he or she is since we are all on the continual hunt for him, and make sure you dont let your asp. get too slimy, it wont puff. Hopefully some more of our cluckers will check in soon. Since I am coordinator of the hen house bunch, Im trying to get more members.

• Alyson

Chooks in asparagus!!

• Alyson

Alert, alert!  Avocado cures breast cancer - add it to the recipe.

Veggy what has happened to the recipe?

And welcome Jan. Pleased to know some one else has interesting things lurking in the vege compartment. (Shouldn't say but I actually like asparagus).PS we should also be eating olives, olive oil, walnuts, almonds and pine nuts.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

Thanks for the welcome

My vegetable garden is planted and growing nicely.  For some reason I got carried away with cucumbers.  They're green, but don't think they'd light up well.  I planted 14 tomato plants ! and it's just me and my DH here.  I really like vegetables of most kinds, just get too lazy to cook them sometimes.  I'll be looking to puff and pass when I get a chance. 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Good Morning everyone--I was here a long time ago, for some reaso I didn't comeback--I guess I thought we'd have a shortage of stupid things, boy was I wrong, I know some of u so I'll just jump in whenever something stupid happens, oh no there's not enough time in the day for that--well I just pop in and u'll get used to me--I hope.

I'm having my coffee right now and it's chilly out and I don't like it, but I don't want steaming hot either so the weather is getting interesting.

• marywh

Alyson you forgot the flax seed! Which of course helps you go to the bathroom too, so your killing two birds with one stone-Squak!!!!