OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777

Hang in there Gardengumby. It all sucks but you are beating this thing!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Yes, it is nice to say I got a haircut.  I heard that it will mostly likely go back to the way it was eventually.  I think the color looks more like it used to since my haircut.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Im hunting Gma Foley, anybody heard from her???

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

When my hair started to come back, it was like a new born baby's hair. Really fine, thin. There is a word for it, which I have forgotten. Grey hair is normally coarse, so far mine isn't. And I have chemo frizz on one side only. Thin in top, could be because of arimadex. But I have hair! This time last year I didn't.

• dutchiris

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

ThumbsUp

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! (I'm trying to smile) Thanks for all your concern and hellos - I did receive them. My 2 grandsons 6yrs/3yrs came with mommy and daddy for the Thanksgiving week and I am very Thankful that I am still around to enjoy them. We played Pirate 101 every waking moment for 4 days in a row, except when I was working. They left telling me how to play "their" pirates and get them "Leveled-up" for their next visit. It was a HOOT.

Now for what has been happening with me:

Wanted you to know that I went for my recheck with my pain management doctor. We discussed my issue, still with the dizzy and nausea. Trying to compromise between the pain and the dizzy and nausea. He told me that a red flag keeps arising in his head with the Gralise. So, we have decided to drop the dose of the Gralise to 600mg in the evening instead of 900mg. If the dizzy and nausea is lessoned and I don't have too much pain, maybe the lower dose would be better. If the dizzy and nausea is still there, he wanted me to drop it another 300mg. We might have to take me off the Gralise totally and decide what else to use for pain meds. For the moment, I am just dropping the Gralise to 600mg and see what happens. This is a hard choice for me because I really hate being in pain, but I need to function and the dizzy/nausea has started to rule my choices and that is definitely, not working. Dizzy vs Pain.. very very tough choice. This really sucks. Sorry for the choice of words, but it does.

Meds I can't take because of severe SE's are: Motrin, Anaprox, Aleve, Feldene, Hydrocodone, Amitriptyline, Ativan, Zoloft, Paxil, Trazodone, Effexor, Darvon, Aspirin, Cymbalta and Lyrica. The Doc mentioned Nortriptyline? Said patients that couldn't tolerate Amitripytline could use it?? Not sure about that one. He told me he would put me back on the Tylenol #3s if needed but I still think they make the nausea worse (Doc doesn't think it is part of the problem). All my other choices are major narcotics and I went that route once and didn't like not driving. Even though, I'm not doing much driving now either with the dizzy.

As you can see - I do have alot on my mind and have been spending alot of time in the basement actually asking Veggy how she likes being an angel and how she got herself out of the basement..

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

GMA, sorry for your problems and do hop they can work a plan for you. It sucks big time when you are allergic to so many meds, I relate to that one and have my own list of meds to stay away from

hope you can reach a new plan

• gmafoley

You know - obviously from my list of no-nos, Its not like I haven't tried to solve this pain issue. I just want to move on with my life, be able to enjoy a bit of life without pain, dizzy or nausea... GRRRRRRRRRR

Ok vent over. I have a great understanding family and church family. I do thank God for that. I also thank God for the peace He gives me with these views:

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

GMA....hope your hanging in there....know it's tough, I get the same things.......problems with the dizzy, and SE's to numerous meds.....

Just stay safe with outside advice......Dr's are not Gods, but I believe it is better to listen to a Dr., then take advice from lay people.......just be careful......really none of my business, but be careful.

• marywh

Gma, do you take anything for the nausea? Just wondered, I take prochlorper with my hydrocodone and it works wonders never have any nausea. I couldn't take the hydrocodone without it.

• gmafoley

The med for nausea is worse than the nausea.. I need to function for work...

• marywh

Oh, the kind I take I don't have any side effects from. Im sorry for all your troubles, wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom for you, but all I can do is send you a big hug.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Gma nortriptyline belongs to the same family as lyrica amtriptyline and and some of the others. I can't have them as I go into shock. So do take care.

• camillegal

I'm so sorry for all the reactions from drugs Alyson and Foley  what a complicated mess that makes for u. I certainly have no words of wisdom just caring about all this chit. It's funny but I was thinking our Drs. said what our protocol was but never said well along the way there might be great problems that no one really did any studies on so well just guess as we go along. Well that's how it is for me anyway. Not that everyone get all this chit, but I think we're caught off guard when these things happen and there are not easy answers. Well that's just my feelings. And what the hell do I know.

• gmafoley

Oh forgot how I "Love" the creepy crawling feeling... NOT.... Withdrawl from Gralise has started earlier this time. Not constant.. just annoying when trying to sleep.. needless to say.. rough night last night. But I'm alive and kicking Loopy

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

GMA.................hope today is a better day for you...............I am having enough trouble dealing with the Letrozole SE"s...........how nice it would be if the cure would not almost kill ua.....I have said the easiest thing for me was the surgery , rads, and recovery...........the Letrozole has put me ahead 10 years of what my age is...................................just hope you feel better soon, and find something that works............hugs.....

• marywh

Alyson, how was your trip? We need to wake up, chooks, this thread is getting a little slow....I miss you all.

• gmafoley

Actually, doing worse - doc said to ride it out.

• marywh

Im sorry Gma, big hugs to you.

• dutchiris

I'm awake but not much longer.  It's been a busy week.  This is my favorite place.  I was missing everybody too.  I'm happy to see things picking up.  I thought Alyson might have something to say about my chicken picture :/  I hope things get better for you soon gma.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Gma, Hope and pray you soon feel better.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

((((HUGS)))) GMA. Hope you are getting some relief. Think of you often. Love the picture.

• gmafoley

Pretty Sunset last night - very very cold and we have snow - We were just told not to go down the hill by a neighbor friend (our snow plow guy) - roads are so slick going to town we can't drive on them.

• gmafoley

Sun just came up LOL - here is what it looks like now:

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

GMA, leave it to you not feeling well but posting gorgeous photos to brighten the day for the rest of us. You are one special lady.

• camillegal

Mary the only stupid things I hear are those voices in my head, but they do keep me company.

• marywh

Lol, Cami, me too.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Gma, the sunset photo is fabulous! Hope you have enough on hand to get thru the cold spell. And that JoAnn's says they don't need you on Sat so you won't have to try to drive.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Gorgeous Sunset!! And I would love the snow. It is 73 here now and then everyone will end up sick because the weather can't make up its mind!!