OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Ducky...I  hope you are feeling better today.

Alyson...Where do you  you find all these pictures?  I  like the fowl  kick line.

(((((Firecracker))))  I know you and Veggy  were close.   She was lucky to have you in her life.  

I  know I  don't say much but I do read here often.  Please  know I am  here.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Veggy and I had competitions finding the silliest pictures. Have been going back through the thread looking for some of hers - the guard chickens where and so was this. It is for Granny - I had better duck

• dutchiris

Yes, Alyson,  you  better employ those guard chickens and  the chicken in the leather  jacket.   Dang,  you might even need a  new identity.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

oh Alyson....when you least expect it I will get u for this.

I'm expecting to see u at the memorial service for veggy on sat.

Pm me for the details and everything else I'm gonna do for her.

Lookin forward to see you

Bring tissues and boxing gloves.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

:( I can't fly out that far.. But I will be there in spirit..

• Alyson

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Love it!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Me too!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

firecracker we will all be thinking of Veggy.

• Alyson

• Alyson

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Cute!

• spookiesmom

awwwwwwww

• marywh

Love it Alyson. So, went today for chemo, couldn't do it cause my white cells too low..Talked to np about the pain in my liver so they did liver tests, they're stable, so she thinks its the chemo knocking the hell out of those little buggers...hope so.and now I have 2 weeks off..yippee!!!Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Alyson do you celebrate Thanksgiving? I know that's probably a stupid question, and I know its an American holiday, just wondered if you had a Thanksgiving day. I know so little about New Zealand except that its so beautiful..Its on my bucket list along with Australia and Ireland.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Mary, I so hope it is really giving those buggers a huge beat down! Enjoy your two weeks off and have a great Thanksgiving.

Btw I took Chaga Mushroom tablets and Wheat grass tablets during chemo and had good luck with my counts staying up. Might be worth looking into cuz it might give you a little more energy. Just a thought!

• spookiesmom

I didn't have a choice, I had to show up the next day for the Nulasta shot. It never bothered me.

• Alyson

No thanksgiving here Mary. Its late spring early summer here. Thanksgiving is a North American thing. We are crazy enough to celebrate Christmas with a cooked ham or sometimes turkey. Don't need to do it twice. These are for you Mary.

imageimage

This was my Sunday, tomatoes on toast for breakfast, lunch by the harbour and then watching DS play cricket. The red flower is a pohutukawa.

imageimage

• Alyson

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Happy Thanksgiving.

• camillegal

Aly  such a pretty flower/HAPPY THANKSGIVING LL WHO CELEBRATE  We are truly Blessed/

• dutchiris

Happy  Thanksgiving!  

• marywh

Thank-you for my pics Alyson. Just finished lunch and getting ready for a Rummikub tourney with my sister, then gs comes to spend the night. Hope you all have a lovely day.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Dear Friends....going to my daughter' now, would just as soon stay right here and eat a can of soup......but as my mother used to say.....Yo.....Go outside and blow the stink off yourself.....and I will.......hugs and so thankful for all of you........you are my family....

• Alyson

Hope it's been/is a great day. Heading to Sydney to meet the Aussie girls. Yeh will see Chrissy again.

• marywh

Have a wonderful time Alyson...

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585

I envy you Aussies your weekend. It sounds like a whole lot of fun!

• dutchiris

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.  I got my first post chemo haircut.  I was just hoping for tamer as my hair grew back quite curly but I actually like it alot.  :)

• camillegal

Dutchiris a lot of women say their hair comes in different--u have to wonder on that one--but isn't it nice to say u got a hair cut?

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585

Dutchiris, my hairdresser said that the first hair that comes in after chemo is often different because the hair follicles are damaged. The damaged ones are gradually replaced by healthy ones, and then your hair will be the same as before, probably. Although, she also said that our hair just changes over time, regardless of chemo.

• marywh

Im finally getting enough hair in to go without a hat or scarf, it is still really short and sticks straight up, so Im looking like a punk rocker, but who cares its hair!!!!!!