OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Oh Im so glad to see everybody waking. That was a loooong roost.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Gma, I think I remember you saying you had problems with amatriptyline. Your body changes amatriptyline into nortriptyline, so I don't see how it would be a lot better. You could get a few empty capsules from your pharmacy and cut the lower dose in half to start with. That's if it comes in a capsule rather than a pill. I have taken both for depression and it does feel like you've been hit with a sledge hammer at first. That effect wears off some as your body gets used to it. Can you use the stick only to itself stuff they use for blood draws? If so, you could cut the adhesive off a pain patch and nail it down with that stuff. Or even an ace bandage.

Mary, Do you still have to use the walker? Talk about how to make you feel ancient instantly. If you're out when it's dark, get one of those bicycle flashers to make yourself visible. They are in the flashlight section. I got one for my neighbor who was about 4'10" and crossed a busy street at night.

• marywh

yeah I'll be on the walker for awhile after rads, they want that bone to re-strengthen. About 2 or 3 months.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

(((Mary)))

Gma, I went into shock with nortriptyline and now it is on my record that I must not have any of that class of drug and that was the very smallest dose. Dr so pleased she hadn't given me the 'normal' dose. I really do understand where you are because I have constant pain and there is so little I can do about it because of my reaction to so many drugs. Constant pain is so tiring. I am taking similar pain meds to you but sometimes add paracode (not sure what it is in the US).

Had an early church meeting this morning - management one which we remembered at 7.30 when it was meant to start. We got there at 7.45!!!! The coffee woke me up.

Big hugs to all.

A friend just posted this on FB

image Thanks Firekraker.

• marywh

I love that.  I have been introduced to so many painkillers the last 4 months. Im now on morphine ( just the name of it scares me) but since Im finally on the right dose, I feel much better without out feeling druggy.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Good Mary............something is working

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I'm so happy to hear this, Mary.  :-)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Mary, Don't worry about morphine. As long as you're in pain, that's all it works on. I'm happy they found something that gives you some relief.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Mary that good they found the right amount for u, that's not easy. Just keep it going.

GMA Did u try Tylenol 4, since u can take Tylenol--that's what I take cuz I too can't take a lot of the other drugs, just a little stronger==I can take the Fentynil patch, but I don't like it.

• Alyson

• camillegal

Good one Aly.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Cami can't do patches - allergic to the adhesive and I can't use co-band to wrap my boob - the LE wouldn't like it. Winking

I must admit - I like having my brain back but its the pits to have the pain back.. it does wear on me.. Going to try the 10mg dose of nortriptyline this weekend when I don't have to go anywhere.  They told me to give it a week or so before deciding - the SEs go away once you get used to it, but the last time I tried what they said I turned into a zombie and couldn't even talk right.  That was with amitriptyline.

Group hug is in order - 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

group hugggggg

It's needed

Count me in!!!!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I want to be part of that group hug!  Count me in too.

• duckyb1

count me in......

• Alyson

For some reason pictures are not posting so trying again

Scan went well. There is a lot of criticism of our health system but I
    can't complain. Had scan, radiologist looked at it and came and told me
    there was nothing to worry about. Lots of nodules on thyroid and vocal
    cords but all looked fine but will need to keep a check on things. With
    nodules maybe need to see endocrinologist to check thyroid function. It
    seems that once you have had cancer you get some special treatment.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Good to hear!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

huggggs to u Alyson.....

Where r the test of the sistas

We need a big group huggggggggggg

• duckyb1

Hey Aly, some good news...........

• Alyson

Big hugs for all

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Awwwwwww they look so cozy, and warm. 

• gmafoley

This is what I call cozy Winking Reminds me of a football dogpile!

• duckyb1

cute picture...........good morning GMA.....hope you have a great day ......sooooo cold here.....will this ever end............brrrrrr........hugs

• camillegal

Mornin' --Foley I don't see anything. I missed it--I hope everyone has a good day

• gmafoley

hmm lets try again:

• duckyb1

OMG Gma......they are adorable.....is that us in a group hug......llol

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93

Count me in for the group hug, to be followed by hot chocolate by the fire.  It's freezing here, too!  You know it's bad when the news reports that it's colder in Atlanta than it is in Anchorage!!!

• duckyb1

Hollander.........come on in..........snuggle close, we love group hugs......especially in this awful weather.......today it got to a big high of 15 degrees in the Philly suburbs......with the wind it is -5.....and more snow coming............2 inches.....after 14.5 on Tues into Wednesday that is a dusting........no relief in sight......ugh......

So cozy down with us.........hugs

• gmafoley

Lets all cozy next to the warm fire.

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93

We're lucky not to have snow or ice here-- way too many roads and not enough equipment to keep them clear.  I'm having gas logs installed in my fireplace tomorrow.  Even though I've always loved a "real" wood fire, I am so excited to be able to push a button and have a fire!  So cozy up, ladies, there's lots of room.  Think I'll make a pot of soup, too.  Should be a great day to watch movies.  ((((bear hugs))))