OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Still no cure for stupid and where is the cure guy?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Think if everything is going ok, I will be in Fla next week at this time, so I'll be on the look out for the cure guy. He must be hanging out down there, cause he sure isn't around here!

• NorthernCanuck
    NorthernCanuck Member Posts: 15

Hi ... I'm new to this board as of today.

I found this thread and am thoroughly enjoying it.  I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis and can tell you that everyone has a cure for that as well.  It's not what you're supposed to eat, but it's more what you're not supposed to eat.  As in:  Don't eat tomatoes!  Don't eat potatoes! etc

Really?  I've been potatoes and tomatoes all my life so why didn't I have RA all of my life?  lol

• duckyb1

Welcome Canuck..................come on in and spend some time...........we love everybody........always looking for Newbies................not a place anyone wants to be, but if you have to be, then it might as well be here...........

Great bunch of ladies.......we laugh, cry, vent, complain, tell of how stupid people can be, and there are lots of those.......like  "you got the good cancer"........"think positive"........as in I positively know I am going to have aches and pains........or..........Oh my aunt had the same thing....she died 2 years ago"............."just think you can pick your own size boobs"...........etc.........we have heard it all..........

So come join us,and bring some "happy" to the group..........come back soon...........hugs.......

By the way......."still looking for the cure for stupid"...........LOL

• NorthernCanuck

Oh, thanks, Ducky!  I'm glad I stumbled on this site.  There seems to be a lot of information, and I don't feel quite so shocked and alone!

They didn't find the cure for stupid on the ArthritisInSite website, either!  lol (people are the same, everywhere)

• duckyb1

Canuck..........I am glad you stumbled on our site too............your not alone girlfriend.........we are always here for you.............sometimes we even say something that makes sense.........LOL........

I have arthritis too, but it is Osteo........and it decided it found a home in my body...........ugh..........each day a new ache or pain...........even I get tired of listening to myself.............and the Letrozole is not helping.......

Ok, I'm done...............

• NorthernCanuck

Too bad about the osteo.  It never rains, it pours, eh? 

• duckyb1

Actually here in the Philly suburbs it is "snow", but either way, it is all water.......right..

• NorthernCanuck

lol ... is snow normal for philly?

Here's one of my pics (it's snowing right now):

• duckyb1

Pardon my "potty mouth', but "holy shit"...............

Yes Philly gets snow, but this winter was brutal.........snow every couple days, plus below freezing temps......that part is not normal, but we do get snow.........sometmes one big one, and then a couple small ones..........this year it was above 6 or more inches everytime, and it was every couple days......so far I believe we have 59 inches this winter, and more is coming Tues, and Wednesday of the coming week.........

You have a lot........now that is "snow"..............hurry Spring...........

• Alyson

Hi Ncanuck

Welcome to the hen house. its mad here but fun. I have RA as well so sympathies on that one and yes there are some wonderful suggestions for cures. Go back and read some of the madness especially round about page 40 onwards that when we became chooks.

My DD lives in Ontario so we have to back Canada  tonight in the Ice hockey but I won't be staying up to watch because I just don't understand the game. 

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Big hugs

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Alyson, the cure guy must be some place warm. 

Ducky, Canada has you beat on the snow, I second that holy chit! Does it all go away every year?

Canada, start reading this thread from the beginning, but have a roll of Bounty towels close. You will laugh till your pants are wet!  And the Bounty is for other things too......

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

Welcome Canuck. Another RA gal here. I was told by someone that drinking hot water would cure my RA. Being the dumb ass I am, I've been drinking COLD water all these years. If only I had known.

• spookiesmom

A tea bag would help with the taste?

Ya know, I've been with this thread forever, and I haveta say, my feelings are hurt. All during treatment, NOBody offered me any sure fire cures.      Snif Snif. 

Sure is fun reading about them!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

That's alot of snow.  We plenty of snow too but added a few inches of ice Thursday night.  I'm still trying chisel it off the sidewalk.  No Salt to be found and used up what I had.  

• camillegal

Welcome, welcome--we're here and have got every thing down Pat==b=BTW do we have a Pat? This is a good place lots of ideas and fun, and sad too but it's all mixed together.

Spookie, I thought with u'r name u had a cauldron to mix up potions for cures, u were just saving it up.

Ducky like that doggy.

Yes Ducky we're in for more snow , actually a couple of inches melted the last couple of days, so we have to make up for it bah

• Alyson

Slow, don't you know the cure is apple cider vinegar?

The cure guy is not around here  Spookie; must be in Florida!!!! Poor you not being offered all the special cures you can't have stupid friends friends and relatives. 

• SlowDeepBreaths

• camillegal

Slow---now u got it. The chicken even knows.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Now Spookie, this thread is full of invaluable cures to just about anything..go back to the beginning and read over all the lists, theres bound to be something you can use. Finally kicked the morphine!!!! Day 5 and Im feeling pretty normal. I really did feel like a junkie kicking the habit, runny nose shakes nauseous. I dearly hope I never have to take it again, and that was only a month on it. Yuck.Alyson my daughter has a friend who may be coming to work in New Zealand, Im not sure where, she has a degree in some type of farming.Cattle farming I think.

• spookiesmom

Not all witches have cauldrons.if he's in Florida, he must be in the Keys.

Spookies birthday is Halloween. I thought if I let her fur grow long, she would look like a ghost, or maybe a small Cousin IT. 

I'm going to change her pic again, she's in full coat, just back from groomer, on her bday  

• SlowDeepBreaths

Halloween ideas for spookie:

• SlowDeepBreaths

mary, i really feel for you on the morphine. When I had flesh eating bacteria they had me on liquid oxycodone for dressing changes. Coming off of that stuff was horrible.

• camillegal

Mary sorry it was so difficult for you. I didn't know it would be that hard--wow imagine these crazy people no wonder they don't want off of drugs. Gee wait I was on morphine for a bout 2 -3 months ad I just stopped and nothing, of course I always feel wacky so maybe that's why. I forgot But mine was just that patch so it's probably was different. and just 50 mgs.that makes a difference.

Spookie is so cute all cleaned up, my DD has a cat born on Halloween and she named her Frankie for Frankenstein. U silly people with u''r names for u'r furbabies---mine is a real name for a cat--Katie-Kat now how's that for a name.?

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Furbaby names? I once had a dog named Binky because he would suck his tail.  A Turkish friend named a kitten for me Abdu, which he said meant friend.  I thought that appropriate. I named our current dog Yoyo because just before we got him I had heard an interview with Yoyo Ma where he said in Chinese that yo means friend. When I told a Chinese friend about my new puppy he confirmed that and told me that in Chinese when they double a name it means most honored and beloved one of that attribute Yoyo is a shitzu!  Also once had a dog named Tiger just because he was.  

• Alyson

Gee Cami

My two are Barnabas and Angus normaly called Barney and Gus. Have had Tip, Shamus O'Brien, Hamish Alistair McCorkindale, Balthazar, Blackie, Snowie, Tiger and my little cat that I had when I was ill as a teenager; Sputnik.

• Alyson

• camillegal

Holy chit I was joking--I had a cat name Raquel, a dog named Ginny and one named Rummy----any name is a good name for our furbabies--