OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

I'm sorry GMA. Hang in there!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Got the first part of our winter storm today. About 3 inches of snow, let all the schools out early, no bread or milk left at the grocery storeetc...didn't even stick to the roads and most of it was melted this afternoon. Oh my G what are we going to do when the real blizzard of 7 inches hits tomorrow?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Mary....funny story......I worked for SmithKline Beecham for year.....both my daughters did then, and still do, only right before I retired they merged with Glaxo Wellcome which was based in N.C.......anyway.

They are now Glaxo SmithKline....sure you heard of them.......quite a huge part of the operation was moved to N.C........it is a place they call Triangle Park.......my one daughter has a high position in the company, and told me this story...........

We had a foot of snow here in Phila, and in N.C. they had about 2-3 inches during one of the storms.........the building down in N.C. was closed for 2 days............the Phila. building never closed, and all employees were expected to be in work.............LOL.....I could not believe it.....can you imagine......

• duckyb1

Now they are talking about Ga........are they kidding me.............we still have people without power for 6 days, and they are calling there new storm........catastrophic.........stay home, and eventually your snow will melt.................no melting here, we are in the single digits  and below freezing for weeks.......how is December 27th....it is now in mid February........

Imagine living in the Northeast........We are expecting 12 inches or more.............40mph winds and ice.........Oh well..........shit happens.............

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

GMA u are really getting hit with chit this year--those spasms must be awful--I'm so sorry u'r going thru so much.

Ducky our weather is worse than Maine which usually is horrible--we're really getting a lot of cit here to--no melting snow it just keeps adding onto the snow that's there---but I hope it doesn't warm up to fast or we'll get flooding. It's a bitch.

• duckyb1

Just have had it..........its ridiculous

• marywh

Oh Ducky, I know Triangle Park. Yes its true we are all such snow-wimps here. There are a lot of idiot drivers out there though. I don't go anywhere even though Im capable of driving in it. Its the other people, especially  the guys in their big-assed pick-up trucks that scare me. We're supposed to get ice too. More worried about the power than anything. But I have my giant jar of Jif and my kerosene heater and will fill my bathtub with water so I can flush my toilet. Im in good shape....

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Mary, They have to keep reminding people here that 4 wheel drive takes just as long to stop as any other car. Some of the pickup trucks have bumpers almost at my eye level. I'll pull over to let the tailgating ones by.

• duckyb1

We are  very experienced with snow, but we get the idiot drivers too....

Honestly they have no clue here what is going to happen.........if it goes to here, if it goes to there......I don't   trust any of them.......you see it when it happens.............the storm before this last bad one they said just a few inches......we got 8, and I lost power for 12 hours.........some people are still without power from a storm we had a week ago tomorrow..........so I trust none of them..........you just wait and see............I just can't wait for Spring......

• camillegal

Yea this has really been a very scary winter with icy roads and u would think that people who have lived here would respect this weather and yet they don't, I don't get it--so many accidents (bad ones too) are all over the place it's awful and really u can't even walk in this the weather is way to cold and icy sidewalks so it's just not safe to go out even when u can. really bad, I think everyone has had enough of this cold, snow thing.Well it's March pretty soon so we'll see as the days go by,

• SlowDeepBreaths

Good grief. I wish you would all get some relief.

• duckyb1

Slow........it is beautiful and sunny here today, but what is it they say about the "calm before the storm".......very cold however.

We get the storm tonight into tomorrow night, and they are already saying another chance of another storm on Friday night..........and temps in the single digits..........

Just hope my shore house survives........60 mph winds down there......and my house is right off the bay.......I will just be happy if my pool survives......that is probably a skating rink now......oh well.......

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Heavy rain storms for the next 10 days - Glad I live on a mountain top.  Time to think spring!

• SlowDeepBreaths

ducky, enjoy the sunny day while you can! I worry about you living by yourself. I'm glad your children are close by......hehehe just had visions of your son throwing you over his shoulder to bring you to his house, while you're kicking and screaming.

• SlowDeepBreaths

• duckyb1

Slow...........I will be ok, as long as we don't lose power again............

Love your picture..........LOL

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Keep safe and warm chooks, get up on the perch and snuggle together.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I have my fuzzy blanket :)

• duckyb1

I have my fuzzy Red Robe............It matches my Red Solo Cup.............

Damn this weather..........

• marywh

Well we got our 7 inches today, now its sleeting, and we could have another inch or two in the morning. I have my furry green blanket and as long as we don't lose power Im ok.

• Alyson

Hope you have your hot toddies and warm blankets. 

Stay safe.

• gmafoley

You have the snow and we have the floods - boy the US is a mess right now!

• duckyb1

10 inches, and counting.........in my back yard.......ugh.........shore house has 60  mph winds.......not good..........

• camillegal

ducky I can imagine how concerned about u'r beach house--Is there anyone u can call to ease u'r mind? U guys are really getting hit hard--Right now we have sun, but I honestly don't know what else is coming, I'm afraid to look. And it's funny cuz all I worry about is the electricity too. It's like my world now. I hope to get out this afternoon, we'll see.

• duckyb1

Cam even if there was someone there would be nothing I could do..........it is just the nature of the beast.........having a vacation home is great as long as things are all going well.....but when your 2 hours away, there is little you can do........you just hope for the best........

• gmafoley

We really need to get a backup generator here.. Just not sure how to come up with another $700-1000...

Please stay safe and warm!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Warm weather will be here soon!!

• camillegal

• Alyson

Are your sure Chevy hadn't been to one of those shops in Denver?

• camillegal

I bet now she could use it.