OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Competition for best pet's name? Not sure of prize will think of something.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

We had a Chinook, Snickers, Kimba, Smoky, Bandit, Bullet, Bossman, Faith, Chi Chi, Bella, Sophie, Callie, Zeus, Apollo, Wolf, Rocky, Brutus Toby, 

and now our latest addition to the family....Stella Bell.........and here she is........

• NorthernCanuck
    NorthernCanuck Member Posts: 15

What a great thread ... with a lot of wonderful women.  Heartwarming!

Cute puppy!!  Also the pic of the cat and chicken!  Lol

OK, Furbabies ... I have cats Mini (baby) and Rex (brat).  I rotated the pic for Mini, but when I selected it here it reset back to sideways!?!  Sorry about that!! 

We had furbaby cats Coco (suited the name ... think Coco Chanel), Thumper (named for Bambi's bunny friend for jumping ability, but literally grew into the name ... lol), Brewie (tortoiseshell), Sheba (queen), Shadow (scared of his), Boots (the tough cat), Kitty (died too young for a name), Mickey (I, II, III ... all black & white like Rex the brat)!

Yeah, we did get snow.  We are estimating about 8 feet or more.  It is hard as rock as it has frozen right down.  It was about -35 last night (??? It's almost March???  What is with this winter?)

Enjoy your Sunday folks!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

We had Fritz, Baylee & Jax - dogs.

Emma & Chloe - cats.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Yikes Northern! That is cold.

We had dogs: Tiki, Tasha, Kiko and cats: PC, Feliz, Samantha, Marmalade, HP,  Lola, Mocca and a couple years ago whose names I can't remember. 

Probably 6-7 foster dogs who came with names and 10-15 foster cats most of whom came with names. We get to name the stray cats who come into the shelter. We observe the cat for a while and find a name that fits it's personality.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

When I had a cat, his name was Kat. The first dog DH and I had, came from SPCA. He smelled, bad. Was a Belgian Tervuen that didn't meet breed standard. We named him Stynque. Great dog. 

Had Andre, Tasha, Vulfie, and now the diva. 

• SlowDeepBreaths

spookie, your furbaby looks very pretty all groomed. Was it easy getting her to pose?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

I love these names--yrs ago people names their furbabies like Rover, Fido--now they are name that fit personalities and fun too.--People names I love.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

I have 3 dogs. They are Widgeon, Mason and Ziggy.

• spookiesmom

Actually, she's standing on the coffee table. She has steps to get to the couch and table, and was just standing there looking at me. I grabbed my phone. 

• spookiesmom

SDB, tell us about the fur baby in your avatar?

• SlowDeepBreaths

His name is Jax and we rescued him about two years ago. We had him DNA tested. Can anyone guess what his breeds are? I was totally shocked. He is a wonderful dog - extremely gentle. He absolutely adores kids and he is very smart. He begs for treats like no dog I've seen. Jeez, I sound like a boasting mom.

• marywh

He's a cutie, but I can't guess what he is.

• spookiesmom

Pit? GS? Can't really tell his size, about 50#?

• SlowDeepBreaths

When we adopted him they told us he was gs/chow mix. The test came back as Jack Russell Terrier and Pug as his main breeds. Distant breeds are Alaskan Malamute, Rottweiler and Australian Shepherd. Yes, he is about 50#. I never would have guessed those breeds.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Here is a picture of him and his brother. He is on the right (looking at the picture). He was much older when we adopted him. He was being fostered for quite awhile.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Our senior center director has a pug/beagle/dachound mix who looks a lot like him. I'd guess he's only about 30lbs tho and probably shorter. Our shepherd collie mix had pups that looked like that.

• duckyb1

Adorable...........

• SlowDeepBreaths

I guess you never know what you're gonna get when you have so many breeds mixed together. He sure is a good dog though. We also have a 14 year old Rat Terrier and a 12 year old large, lazy cat.

• spookiesmom

Yes, Aussie ears!!!!! I was owned by an Aussie for 14-1/2 years. I love Spookie, but he was my 

• spookiesmom

phooey!   Heart dog

• SlowDeepBreaths

It's funny how our animals can tell when we aren't feeling well. My cat hasn't left my side.

• duckyb1

I told this story before......i watched my daughter's 2 children while she worked....she had a dog for years....it was a boxer, and at the point I am referring to he was 6 years old......

At one point he began to stand by my side constantly.....no matter where I was, what room, what I was doing, he was right next to me..............there came a point when i said to my daughter "is this dog trying to tell me something", and does he do this to you"...........we laughed it off and she said  "no, Mom....did you shower today"...........it became a joke.............it began to bother me......I would go down the basement to do wash, he would come down too.......I would sit, he would lay on my feet at the foot of the chair......never anyone else....just me......

Well finally  i was diagnosed with BC.......had the surgery, Rads, and all the mess that goes along with it.............when I went to my daughters house after that.............he never came near me.......oh yea, he would stand next to me, but never followed me around like he had done before.......

When I told my doctor, laughing, he said.........."oh they know, they know"............that is my story and I am sticking too it.................hugs.

• camillegal

Our furbabies can be brilliant when it comes to know there is real sickness in our bodies. I always think they can be taught to sniff out everything so obviously they can sense some aura about us that's not right, even my cat knew there was something really wrong in how she approached me, she kneaded my 2 tumors all the time (the only place) then I felt one, but the other was way deep, now she gently kneads my LE everyday and she never did that to my arms and she does it right where the PT does it too. scary in a way. And she has done a couple of other things that when I mention something to a Dr. they take a test and sure enough something is going on--As I say she is my pet/cat scan with no radiation.

• camillegal

Oh I have to add when I do tell my Drs. my cat thinks something is wrong, they do think I'm a crazy cat lady, but then she's right and I'm not so crazy as they think--they still think I'm crazy in many ways.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Yeah but you're the good kind of crazy.

• SlowDeepBreaths

ducky, love that story. My cat actually waits outside my bedroom door every morning and follows me everywhere. She never did that before.

cami, if you're crazy, then I'm crazy right along with you, because I believe --cats especially, know when we are not feeling right.

• marywh

My Ziggy is by my  side constantly to the point of going to the bathroom with me.

• spookiesmom

Applies to dogs too

• SlowDeepBreaths

No, we can't forget our dogs! My rat terrier hates to be in the house. He can't sit still for five minutes. He is 14 and you'd never know it.