OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

The last pair could only be worn by a ballet dancer. I would never even give them a second glance - except to marvel.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

WOW point shoes with heels!!!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Alyson,u no me well

Yeah I love those shoe

But just a wee bit too hi

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

OMD. They make my feet and back hurt just looking!!!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Spookie.......no way anyone could walk in those shoes...........except maybe FK.............LOL

• spookiesmom

Not those point shoes, the others? If she can walk in them, I want a video!!! LOL

• duckyb1

Spookie......the gold ones that point straight down???????????

• FireKracker

not anymore

Wish I could

Damn,ur killin me with all the shoes that has my name on it

Today I bought a pair of boots!like I really need it!but my GD said as soon as she saw them THEY R SCREAMING UR NAME!!!

Last yr when I had stomach surgery I had to have a PT come to my house to check me and my shoes out,,,hells bells she made me get rid of at least 10 pairs of shoes...way to hi

Damn I hate getting old

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

I never feel very old in my mind. Just my body.

• duckyb1

Me too Slow.........me too...........

• SlowDeepBreaths

FK's new boots

• duckyb1

LMAO..............she's gonna end up in the ER........LOL

• SlowDeepBreaths

What do you think those straps are for? a gun?

To hold your lipstick?

• duckyb1

Works for me......LOL

• spookiesmom

Yes Ducky, the gold ones Spelled wrong, pointE shoes. Still hurt to look at. My body says I'm about 108, brain says 48.

• SlowDeepBreaths

My poor husband....I'm so boring. I couldn't imagine wearing those.

• FireKracker

now that's a little over the top

Come on REALLY

Ok it's for the knife I carry around everywhere I go

Remember I come from Brooklyn 

• SlowDeepBreaths

Good one FK. My BIL was from Brooklyn. Did you spend any time in Rockaway? I was born there.....lived there until I started HS.

• duckyb1

Fire tell me again..........WTH was I suppose to check on facebook........the guy dancing or the flag thing...........told you I'm having brain farts tonight...........help me here..........

• SlowDeepBreaths

wouldn't you rather check out a guy dancing? Hmmmmm.....dancing guy vs. flag thing. I'm thinking the dancing guy.

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248

Love all the beautiful shoes! Of course with my swollen ankles and legs, I am wearing slips on or those ugly woman shoes for support.   Thanks all for the advice on my Va Jay Jay.   Definitely going to try the Prep H wipes and the other things suggested.  I've been using the Baby Wipes without fragrance.  Well I saw my PCP today and went over my x-ray and blood work. Of course I hobbled into her office and almost fell off of the examining table trying to get on and off.  She realized I am in extreme pain and grimaced for me.  The pain is from my knees now down to my ankles, and -both legs.  She said the x-ray and blood work showed that I do not have lupus, or RA or Gout but I have a high SED rate that indicates inflammation and that I do have arthritis.  Because I have been in radiating pain for 10 days straight, she is somewhat concerned and so I am seeing an orthopedic doctor on Friday to have fluid drawn.  Hopefully, I will find out what kind of arthritis I have.  In a very tiny voice, I asked her if this could possibly be bone mets and she said not likely because it is in both knees and legs.  I guess that is sort of a silly question at my Cancer Stage but something is wrong and when I hurt my mind wonders.  The only thing that is relieving me is the Percocet which I don't take often--don't like being in LULU land.  Hope I can get this sorted so when I see the MO on the 20th, he'll know what kind of AL to continue me on.   Now getting back to the shoes--how I would like to wear those high heel pointed shoes.  I guess I just have to enjoy other people gorgeous  shoes.   Going out looking for some swollen foot friendly shoes in the next couple days.  I bought a pair of those high price rocker sandals last summer and they were the best shoes I every bought.  Wasn't all that stylish but oh were they comfortable.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Good luck dwill. I hope they figure out what it is. Also hope you start to feel better soon!

Can't keep my eyes open - night ladies!!

• duckyb1

Dwill...........I feel your pain........I have the same problems with my legs, knees and even feet........even sneakers hurt......cannot walk far like I could before......I do have arthritis in my spine, and knees, but I know the AI is doing it too.........I had problems before I was diagnosed, but I went through the BC with flying colors, even Rads...........it was not till after I was on Femara for about 2 months that it happened.........and just got worse..........horrible..

Have thought about stopping it, but want no regrets if I get a recurrence........guess it is what it is.........right........hugs.

• FireKracker

slow---yes I went to Rockaway

I lived all over Brooklyn

BTW Rockaway is in Queens..spent a lot of time there

In fact when I was a kid my friend drowned there!she and I were 12 yrs old then

Feel betta Dwill

Ducky--- the dancin guy on FB

What flag?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

I'll pick comfort over stylish any day now. I would like to find something that would work with a skirt.  New Balance just doesn't look right.

Dwill, Hope they figure it out soon and it's easy to fix. It's hard to live with that kind of pain.

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

Hey, now these look pretty comfy

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Monis, do those shoes come with a meat dress???

Dwill, hope you feel better soon!  I too have some of those VJJ issues.  Don't know if it is from chemopause, the tamoxifen or what.  Plus I constantly have yeast infections or something going on.  With no monthly cycle my system doesn't seem to "reset" itself either.  Antibiotics always set it off too and I have been on and off of them so much the past 6 months.  UGH!  The flushible wipes might work better for you than baby wipes.  Costco has good ones.  Some of the others have heavy fragrence and some have lanolin which was a problem for me.  In addition to the prep h things you might try Tucks pads.  They are witch hazel.  I used them after each of my 4 kids and they were very soothing and helpful.  They are a little round pad you can leave in place if you want to.

Shoes!  I live in Crocs and I have even started wearing flip flops.  Never liked the between the toe thing but tried again and it's OK.  Crocs are not pretty but functional.  I have worn them for a while but I also read where they are good for neuropathy and stuff because they have those little nubs in them that stimulate the blood flow while you walk.  Worth a shot!!

Spookie my body and brain have that same fight over how old I am!!

Good Morning Slow! Hope you slept well.  Those were some, um, interesting boots.  Do they come with a whip?

Ducky, maybe the dancing guy on FB had a flag thing???

FK Hope your week is going well!  YOu too Wren!

Good day ladies!  My family is out the door and I have silence.  Now that internal battle starts.  Do I make coffee or crawl back into bed since I don't have anything I HAVE to do?  Plenty I SHOULD do, but..........

• duckyb1

Ladies..........wish there was some way we could get the "Dancing Guy" to you on here.........it is a riot.........this guy can dance........actually I think he is FK's hidden secret.............she won't admit to it, but I know they are partners...........

I am going to check UTube to see if this guy is there so I can let you know...........LMAO.......but I'll bet he dances for FK every night....LOL

• SlowDeepBreaths

Rise & Shine!

Wow, so many people to respond to. This thread is heating up!

Spookie, I'd like to see a video of FK waling in those heels too!

Ducky, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Have you thought about switching meds? I was having horrible bone pain with Herceptin, and a nice lady on another thread suggested slowing down the infusion, and it made a HUGE difference.

You can give FK back her shoes. I found the perfect ones for you - and they are RED! They've got a nice heel and you can even swim with them. I know how you love to swim at your shore home. You can go from pool to dinner - very convenient. They are perfect - they also come in assorted colors. Take your pick!!

FK, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That must have been so traumatic for you - you were so young. The rip tides in Rockaway are brutal. When I was a kid, the lifeguards were always pulling people out of the water.

Wren, I find it difficult to find comfortable shoes to go with a skirt. I see so many people wear those ballet flats with skirts but my feet are so big, they look ridiculous.

Monis, those shoes are just over the top. "Do they come with a meat dress?" LOL - good one, 4!!

4, My vote is to crawl back in bed. May as well sleep while you've got the chance. Always time for coffee later. I've never tried Crocs. I notice all the nurses wear them around here, so they must be pretty comfy. They sure are fugly though. All dancing guys should come with a FLAG THING. hahaha

Amazing how we can go from talking about witch hazel for our va jay jay's to crocs for our feet.

Hope you're all having a good morning!

Edited to add: WHAT??!! FK has a dancing guy???? No wonder we didn't hear from her too much last night. Good cover though - trying to fix her new haircut. Uh huh.

• duckyb1

Slow.........was having a good morning till I got a PM this morning.........really getting fed up and considering leaving..

How sick when you find a problem with my twins being posted on a thread you never go on, but just gave some info to people you know would care on that thread..... and don't feel like sending a bunch of PM's to them to tell them how Grayson is doing when you don't always see them on other threads........it is f---ing sick.........