OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Mary, my heart and prayers are with you.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

HI Deb and Welcome.  This is one crazy and very caring group you have landed with!!

Gumby,  My DH had an awful shoulder and had surgery on it 11/4.  He is doing really well.  It was rough the first couple of months, but one day it was like a switch flipped and he just kept getting better.  The fixed a tear, scraped out a bunch of crap and even shaved down his collar bone over an inch to get things to lay right, so it was a pretty big fix.  He kicks himself for not having done it sooner and letting it get so bad.  My mom has had shoulder replacement.  twice!  First time they only did partial.  She would not recommend that!!  They had to go back and replace the whole thing and after the initial rehab she is doing great with it.  She was 68 I think when she had it done.  Good Luck, I hope they get it worked out and get you pain free soon.

Hey Wren, Hey Chabba!! Hey Aly!! Hey Spookie!!  You too Dutch!!  I hope you all have a wonderful, painfree day, or evening in Alyson's case!

Aly, My friend (with the lupus) is geting me a list of some of the newer drugs they are giving for RA now.  Maybe she will turn up something that might help???  Figured it was worth a shot to ask.

Ducky and slow, thanks for the nice comments about my kids!  I am so proud of my family and of myself.  I hate the way that sounds conceited!!  But I am very involved at the schools.  Sit on school council, PTA president, started Foundations at elementary and middle schools, etc...  I see so many not great kids.  Mouthy, lazy, you get the picture.  BUT then I see their parents and know just were they get it.  So yes, when you have a pediatrician leave the room and make a special trip back just to tell you what great teenage boys you have it makes you really warm inside!  

My 11 year ond son is at an awkward stage but hopefully he will survive it as well as his brothers!  He was the one born with part of his brain missing and instead got an extra cyst in there so he is really smart but has to work at it more than the others.  Awkward social years right now too.  But I manage to make it thru the days without flogging him with wet noodles so everything is still Okay!!

My 9 going on 25 year old daughter is my absolute pride and joy!  I have neighbors trying to steal her from me!!   We girls stick together in this house full of stinky brothers!!!

• 4sewwhat

Mary, Mary!!! Sending huge hugs and healing prayers to you. You were the first person I ever PMd here on BCO. About your daughter. How was her follow up BTW???

I am praying so hard that something works for you. I know your fighting spirit and good attitude are hard to maintain, but they also help you kick tail!!! Something just has to work! I saw this thread and put it in my favorites. I don't even know why? maybe it was so I could pass it on to you

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/7...

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01401062

It is an older inactive thread and I have not looked the drug up and don't know anything about it. It might be worth looking into though because you never know?

Also have you tried that Essiac Tea yet?  At this point, other than bad taste, not sure it would hurt.  Also I take Chaga mushrooms and some other stuff.  I'm sure you know to eat alkaline also.  The crap likes an acidic environment.  My health food store has special Alkaline water that hydrates you really quickly and helps keep your body more alkaline too.  It is $10 for a 5 gallon jug.

Also the more oxygenated you keep your cells the better off you are.  The rat bastard can't grow in oxygenated cells either.  That's why they don't want you to take anti-oxidents during chemo (they want it awake!)  so you would have to discuss what is ok to do with onc when you start another chemo.  I gave my doc a 3 page list and asked what I could and couldn't take during chemo.  We agreed no anti-O's 3 days before and 3 days after chemo, but in between was fine so it would depend on your schedule for chemo.  I saw an article about something they were doing along these lines that was yeilding positive results.  If I can find it again I will post link.  It was on another thread a while back if I can just remember where and when!!!

For my blood counts I take Wheat Grass, ChlorOxygen chlorophyll concentrate, and an Immune Cellular Suport (mushroom) complex.  My numbers never crashed even without Nuelasta and I always felt pretty good.  That may be in my head, but who cares!!!

Sorry I am not as eloquent as Cami when it comes to offering support!  I don't smell as good as she does after a shower either!  I just have to live with that Loopy

I am not trying to preach natural healing but I do believe the two work together well.  Have you considered an Integrative Medicine Doctor???  My kids Orthodontist gave me the name of a few.  One was in the Carolina's, don't remember which.  I will look for that too.

And lastly before I shut up!!!  The basement stairs are not a safe place to sit.  There is a club hopping down there now and people stumble up and down those stairs day and night!  You will get knocked around if you sit there.  So head into the club or you may go to the attic for brief periods only.

Only good and positive thought for you Mary!  Somethings gonna work, I just hate you are going through hell looking for it.  You are surrounded by healing love and energy here though so let that lift your spirit and help you continue to fight!

• 4sewwhat

http://www.cancer.gov/drugdictionary?cdrid=530302

Fresolimumab is designed to help the immune system detect and block Transforming Growth Factor Beta (TGF-beta). TGF-beta is found naturally in the body. It sometimes attaches to harmful cells and causes them to grow. TFG-beta is possibly involved in the development and progression of FSGS. Because TGF-beta may play a role in FSGS, doctors want to know if fresolimumab may help this disease.

Old article, but interesting..........

http://jnm.snmjournals.org/content/52/12/2001.full

I'll keep looking!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Can I just say something............I love you ladies......and could not make it through this without you.............A greater love I have never seen for one another..........hugs to you all......and hang in there Mary.......your gonna make it through..........

• 4sewwhat

I have only skimmed this and printed it so I could hi-light it and add it to my ever growing research folder!  It is interesting too.

http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/oxygen-and...

Something is gonna give Mary!!!  And it's not gonna be you, got it?

http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/ph-and-can...

Please keep in mind I am just skimming and posting these.  I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV!!  I also realize this site is probably selling stuff.  I always triple and quadruple source when I am interested in doing or taking something just to verify more than one source documents it. I have NOT done that here yet, just found this site interesting.  I will keep digging!

Legal Disclaimer.......................... I am not recommending anything!!  just putting food for thought out there so you all can look if you choose and then go from there!!!!!Nerdy It's the Geek/Nerd in me!!

http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/breast-can...

Also Mary, have you looked into Fasting for Chemo?  It is interesting in that they say the healthy cells put up "protection" after a certain lenght of fasting and the cancer cells can't do that.  So they say it makes the chemo more effective on the bad cells, and less harmful on the healthy ones????  

• 4sewwhat

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1203600/...

http://www.drstallone.com/cancer_article4.htm

I have seen stuff on threads here too about LDN.  YOu could do a BCO search??

FDA-approved Naltrexone, administered in a low dose, can stimulate and improve a person’s overall immune system — in particular, helping those with cancer, HIV/AIDS, autoimmune diseases, and central nervous system disorders.

People who suffer from diseases that are partially or largely generated by a lack of endorphins (such as cancer and autoimmune diseases), or are accelerated by a lack of endorphins (e.g. HIV/AIDS) can benefit from LDN treatment. LDN restores the body’s normal production of endorphins.

How does it work?
    LDN causes the body to secrete endorphins (metenkephalin and beta-endorphin), which attach to cancers having opiate receptors, shrinking the tumors and inhibiting their growth. Each individual’s own endorphin secretions (our internal opioids) play a crucial role in assisting the overall optimal functioning of the immune system. It is suggested that the increased endorphin and enkephalin levels, induced by LDN, work directly on the tumors' opioid receptors — and, perhaps, induce cancer cell death (apoptosis).

Responses to LDN treatment have been seen in patients with a wide variety of cancers, including but not limited to:

• Colon cancer
    • Pancreatic cancer
    • Brain cancer (including Glioblastoma)
    • Lung cancer
    • Breast cancer
    • Prostate cancer
    • Ovarian cancer
    • Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
    • Hodgkin’s Disease
    • Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
    • Malignant melanoma
    • Multiple myeloma
    • Neuroblastoma
    • Uterine cancer

For More Information Please Visit: http://lowdosenaltrexone.org/

• 4sewwhat

Ok, last one for now!!  Sorry, my car is in the shop so yo uall are stuck with me for the day!!!

This does not say specifically BC, but it does say for tumors on or directly under the skin.  Mary, you said you could see yours???  That means they could fall into that catagory.  Plus I found this article really interesting.  The things they are thinking to try can really be crazy or amazing.  I personally think when they find the answer  to this whole cancer epedemic it is going to be something crazy simple that has been staring them in the face forever!

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Thera...

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

Deb, Welcome to the nut house!

4, You are wonderful for offering support and I am so glad you are around! You have a big heart.

Sometimes you just feel so much for someone in your heart, and you would do anything to have them stop hurting & suffering, but the words just never seem like enough. Then someone can come along and say what you're feeling perfectly with such ease. I'm not very good with words, but you are all always in my heart.

Love & hugs to anyone who is struggling today. You are not alone!

Be kind to yourself today.

• 4sewwhat

Thanks Slow!  I'm blushing!!

I love you ladies too and am very glad you found this thread too. And I Love your sense of humor!!  People need more of that kind of medicine for sure!!

Have a wonderful day.  I have to go pick up my truck and write a $1600 check to bail it out.  Hope whoever my ride turns out to be knows CPR!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh jeez. I think I need CPR just reading that.

• duckyb1

For you Deb.....everything will be alright.........

• 4sewwhat

yeah and the bad news is it still needs $15-1800 more that was not an immediate need, but still needs taken care of!  Oh and new fricken tires!!  $800  Cha Ching!

At least it's paid for though so I guess when you figure it out we haven't had to do any repairs or big maintenance for a while, so It's better than a loan!

• SlowDeepBreaths

I wish they made no maintenance cars and trucks. Just put in gas and go. Call em "gas N ride"

• 4sewwhat

I think they call that "feet"!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

4, Did you get your car back? Hope everything went ok for you!

Alyson, I was thinking about you all day today and wondered if your RA is any better? I was fortunate that mine went into remission when I was doing chemo. It seems to be acting up again though. Not too bad, but more than before my treatment. I'm hoping you got some relief.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

4 I could never give that much info out u are amazing cuz I know u also have a whole household to tae care of--Oh yea I really explain myself well no one usually gets what I'm saying anyway.

Mary I'm hurting for u--this seems so much but when they get the right one it can be in remission like u never thought it could and we're all praying for u, so at least one of us will be heard. And I think 444 has a point with alternative meds with treatment it won't hurt and might help more than u think.

• camillegal

• 4sewwhat

Hi ladies!  It's almost the weekend!

Slow, I did get my car! $1545.06. Drove to the gas station and filled up.  Gas splashed all down my leg.  Headed to pick up high schoolers. AWFUL NOISE, DASHBOARD LIGHTS, BRAKES DON'T WANT TO WORK.  WTH??  

Send sis in law that had given me a ride ahead to get boys.  Call the dealer ship. " No way, really?". No dumb ass it's an early April fools call, of course Really!!

Back to dealer. They think they got a bad part.  Whatever, just fix it!  They gave me a new mini ban to drive.  I'm allergic.  No offense to soccer moms but I don't like mini vans. But it's new and has working brakes!

So I will know more tomorrow. If they want more money they can keep it and try to track me down to get this van back!!

It's been a long day!  I up have to get up extra early and take sis in law to my BS.  She has found lumps. I don't think it's anything bad but proactive, not reactive.  Learned from my mistakes and the crappy doctor that screwed me has created a monster.  We have to be downtown at 8 am. YUCK!

Nite nite all!  Sweet dreams!

• duckyb1

OMG 4.....will catch up tomorrow.............hope your ok......

• 4sewwhat

Thanks Cami!  I understand you perfect! And thanks for what you did for me earlier too.  It really meant a lot to me.

• SlowDeepBreaths

4, how irritating! I'm a pretty nice person, but something like that would make me not so nice. That could have been dangerous. Sweet dreams to you too.

Love the picture Cami.

• 4sewwhat

Thanks Ladies!  I'm good, just wiped out!

G'night!

• SlowDeepBreaths

I think I may be losing my marbles. Every morning I have the same thing to eat - fiber one cereal and a small glass of plum smart - helps to keep me regular. Today when I went to eat my cereal, I realized I put the milk in the glass and the plum smart in my cereal??? I think I may be losing it. So far this week I've lost my mailbox key and my hat. I never lose stuff. Wack-a-ding-hoy I am. Hope you're all having a good morning!

• duckyb1

Slow...............LMAOLoopy.sorry, but I can't help it...............so good to see someone else with the same problem..............LOL

• camillegal

image Slow I found these --they must be yours

• duckyb1

Do these look familiar..........LMAO

• 4sewwhat

hi all. Still out. Will update later. No car yet but sis in law got good news. Cysts and one fibro. 

BBL!!

Love you girls!

• duckyb1

4..............great news...........glad she isn't going to join the club.........

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sitting in bed reading on my iPhone so can't post pictures- I don't know how. Have has my tea and toast and about to do the puzzles. It is Saturday morning here. 

Slow, chemo is wonderful for RA, puts it into remission. I am just having a bad spell and I am getting to to point where I might take the prednisone  which I hate. Ever since I had polio as a result of the vaccination I react to many drugs I'm a very strange way. So I try not to take too many even though I seem to collect a pharmacy every time I collect a script. 

Mary sending big hugs.