OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

Alyson, I am so glad you are safe from the big storm headed your way. I was so worried about you. I hate that you are in so much pain - stinkin' RA. I just wish you could get some relief.

Mary, I'm sending positive thoughts your way that it's not progression and it's tumor die off. I know some people don't believe in prayers, but I do pray for you all every night. I wish I had the power to take away everyone's pain.

We will all gently lift you off the basements steps! Gentle hugs to everyone suffering today.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Oh I believe in prayers. Ipray for everybody every day. Dont know what i'd do with out them. Had a good time with dd and Jordan last night. We had a slumber party, which consisted of him waking me up at 5 am, ready to go. Dd has her hands full all the time.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hi Ladies......Aly, Mary.. I am hoping it is the coming storm and low pressure causing my pain........my daughter said well what hurts Mom...........I said "easier to ask what doesn't hurt"........

Slow hope your not hurting today........

Mary, Aly......prayers, prayers, and more prayers........I know when all the pain will stop, but I am not ready for that yet..........hugs ladies.......

• SlowDeepBreaths

oh ducky - you're darn right your not ready for that. I'm never gonna
    let you be ready for that! I'd don't get attached to too many people, so
    you've got to stay around for a good long time - pain and all!

I've had
    pain my whole life from the RA. I've got two frozen wrists that bend up but not down, a neck that's lost most of its range of motion, a shoulder that pops out of its socket. I won't even get into the complications from all the surgeries I had from having flesh eating bacteria 10 years ago. I'll never give up or give in.Distraction is the best thing for me. Some days it catches up to me, and
    I'll have a pity party, but most days I'm just happy to wake up! Sure
    beats the alternative. One thing I've found on this website is that everyone can understand pain and depression, and how if affects us. When one of us is down, we get propped up by the rest. Let's try to never let anyone get past the steps of that basement! I will always do my best to lift up anyone headed in that direction. It's just not a good place to visit.

• duckyb1

Slow..........you are such a good and loving person..........I am so glad I met you.......sorry how we had to meet, but thankful if I had to take this journey........I am fortunate enough to take it with someone like you...........hugs.............

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Ducky, as someone who couldn't have children I often find myself envying you and your wonderful family.I believe that your love for your family carries over to the people around you.

I am so grateful for all the friends I've found on BCO.   Thank you all for being part of this community where we can share our pain, worries, fears, triumphs and joys.

I have a new toy. Got myself a Surface 2 tablet and am just learning to use it. Think I'm going to enjoy it. Haven't played any games on it yet but may try one before bed.

Sleep well my friends. 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Happy St Patrick's Day.

• duckyb1

Chabba........I have a IPad and I love it.........actually only bad thing......it has made me a couch potato........ok........I made me a couch potato.......LOL......the games are addictive, and so much fun, but can be frustrating at times...one real fun game is one called RUNE GEMS......Candy Crush is fun, and everyone plays it, but again......that one can really aggravate you sometimes, but its fun.

I play word games with my grandkids all the time.....and with "face time" which is like Skype, I can talk face to face with my grandkids here close by or with my 3 grandsons who are far away.......2 in Chicago, and another in St. Loui, MO............makes them seem closer.....

Oh......LOL......Chabba don't envy me........sometimes this "big family" can drive you nuts.......everyone is different with their own thoughts, idea's, way of living, but all very successful.................

Yesterday I went to my daughter's, and on the fridge was my 2 grandkids "report cards".............I took them down and looked at them........I was astonished.......I knew they were both very smart, but OMG........my 15 year old grandson had a 4.0 GPA, and my grandaughter (his sister)...........also had a 4.0 GPA.....Out of the 18 grandchildren I had.................13 of them carried Distinguished Honors throughout Middle School, and High School..................out of the 9 who graduated from college 8, had a GPA of 3.8 or higher......5 with a 4.0.................I also have a "Union Carpenter" in the mix......took his grandfather's trade, and is very good at what he does.............I am so proud of the job my children have done with their children......

I have 2 who tried to take a wrong turn but we brought them back quickly and now one is working with his father in his business, and going to Penn State University for his last year.........the other goes to John Wales University in Providence, RI for Culinary Arts....He wants to be a Chef.......God is good....

• marywh

Ducky, I hope I have bragging rights like that for my grandchildren. If we could all be so lucky...

• duckyb1

I am so blessed............today my 13 year old grandaughter came home from school and told us she was picked out of the whole 7th grade to attend a science, and engineering class at the University of Penna. in Philly.....it is a very prestigious Ivy League school in center city.............said "Mom I don't know if I want to go"....my daughter said "your gone"........LOL...........I said "oh yes she is"

• SlowDeepBreaths

ducky, thank you for your kind words. I feel the same about you :)

• SlowDeepBreaths

• SlowDeepBreaths

Ducky, contratulations to your grand daughter. What an accomplishment!

• duckyb1

Isn't it...........and says "Mom I really don't feel like going"..............and I said to my daughter........."this is not up to her, this is up to you......she is missing the concept of the opportunity...one day she will thank you"

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Ducky you are so right! Plus I know you never get tired of hearing that!

My oldest is a sophomore (16yo) he has tested into dual enrollment and will be starting university classes next fall and get high school and college credits for each class.  He doesn't want to do it but has resigned himself. He is ranked first in his class of 550+.  He gets that it is a good thing, but not a fun thing.  I get that it is a financial thing for dad and mom!!

My 14yo freshman is in the same first spot for his class and will be doing the same thing next year. They will thank my when they are not in those boring freshman classes at college!

Congrats to your grand daughter!

• duckyb1

4.........wonderful.......I love to hear of kids doing well.......you should be so proud of both your boys......that is super...........tell them some old lady said "one day you will thank your Mom and Dad for inspiring you to do well"................they won't appreciate it till they want to buy that new car, that gorgeous home, or live in the "nice side of town"..........or when that HR person says to them "you have the job", and it is an over $100,000 a year starting salary..........2 of my grandsons started at that salary, and their bonus's were figures I have never seen...........one was just made a V.P. at J.P. Morgan Chase.....and he is only 29............so one day he will thank you............Education is everything........

So again.........how wonderful...........

• marywh

Its so nice to hear about good kids for a change. My oldest son just got a letter from the state informing him that he passed the state mental health test. He'll be working as a prison guard and hopes to move up to the highway patrol eventually. Good job, great benefits.

• duckyb1

You forgot something Mary............GREAT SON.....................

• SlowDeepBreaths

4 and mary, you must be so proud of your sons! I love to hear about kids succeeding in life with hard work and determination.

I have two wonderful kids and feel so fortunate. One boy and one girl - the girl being the oldest. They are my whole life, along with my husband.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

hi ladies. Haven't been on much... in answer to the questions about my shoulder.... they say I have large bone spurs and NO cartilage left between the bones.  This has gotten much worse since letrozole, but I doubt that I can blame it just on that!!!  I have found on my own that I seem to have a pinched nerve in my neck which makes the pain almost intolerable at times. Also, I saw the rays and there doesn't seem to be any space there... but we'd like to see a comparative picture of my other side which has no pain (and is my BC side).

I'm not meeting with the surgeon until we return from vacation. I'm not totally convinced that surgery is going to work because of the pinched nerve and I'll be damned if I'm gonna go through the pain of shoulder surgery without assurance that I have a long term improvement and no more pain.  Also, since BC I seem to have turned into a bit of a chicken.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Hi everyone--I've got to catch up but what I did read was wonderful--All these smart kids and grandchildren and they use it not forget about it--U ladies are very fortunate to have brought up (thanks to u) all these wonderful people to add to this crazy worl And so good to hear such nice things too.

Oh I like the idea about the basement--if anyone has to go to the basement then it's all good but no sitting on the stairs. U either stay And Missy Dutch I am NOT the oldest altho I'm older than most of u and I could have grandchildren as old as u'r kids, but not lucky enough. But don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my DD's and my one DD1 her bonus teenager now and Joey.And my DD1 called me and asked if she got as emotional and mad when she turned 13 and I told her she was like that at 6 so enjoy the ride.

I just got my last phone call (work) for the day--I hope so now I will put my work stuff away.

I truly hope everyone has less pain, less worries and more sunshine in u'r hearts.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Sorry Cami...ducky set me straight...Missy Dutch?  Did you call me Missy Dutch?  ...  OK Cam Illegal...that's how I first read your name...lol

• marywh

Having a big pity party for myself, found out today my chemos not working anymore. I have to go in for a muga scan on my heart Friday to see if my heart is ok to try the next 1 mo wants to try me on..This is getting really scary, as there are only about 4 more to try before I have to try trials. Need everybodies good vibes and prayers sent this way.......

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Coming at you now!!! Short pity party is allowed, NO BASEMENT. MUGA isn't bad to do, think you need to stay away from small children for a day. 

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Good vibes and prayers being sent your way Mary!  

• SlowDeepBreaths

mary, sending prayers and good thoughts your way. {{{{gentle hugs}}}}}

• duckyb1

Mary........prayers and hugs............

• SlowDeepBreaths

• Debzjourney14
    Debzjourney14 Member Posts: 41

I am newbie here, but I wanted to tell you that prayers and positive vibes are headed your way

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Mary, Healing thoughts and hugs coming your way.