OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

I also use a shopping cart to lean on - or at least did when my back was killing me.  Hubby and I went to Costco and he grabbed the cart. He looked over at me and said, "You want it, don't you?" and I went "OH YEAH!!!!"  Now I can walk OK again - and am back on my treadmill in the mornings.  Hope it can stay this way for awhile.  I could do without the headaches, but if it's one or the other, for now at least, I'd rather have the headaches.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

I know what you mean proudtospin. My walking abilities vary from day to day. I feel like I hold my husband back at times and he is 12 years older than me! Hope you enjoy the museums. That sounds like a lot of fun!!

Ducky, what a great idea!! :) I'll keep my eyes open for the new threads!!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

well it sounds like I have lots of company with the dumb feet thing, I hold onto the shopping carts as well and hate going into stores that I do not know where to find stuff!
     I have been doing stuff to help my balance, jury is out if it is improving although doing walking in the pool and that seems to help without putting me in pain!

to pain free feet

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Never had the "feet" problem........that happened several months ago.........the goofy gait was always a small problem from BP meds which I am on   because of a HA back in 2007......no major damage, but the meds are a "just in case"...............the when I went on Letrozole all hell broke loose...............achy bones, joints, fingers, legs, hips, hair thinning, problems in the sun, not to mention dry skin, and wrinkles.............cancer...the gift that keeps on giving........oh and lets not forget Lymphedema........the "mother' of all ailments.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

KRACKERS CACKLERS is the thread I'm workin on right now

With this brain of mine I no one thread is enuf

But

Feel free ducky to start any thread ur heart desires,,,u did come up with this name

Go for it!!!!!!!

GG,damn those headaches,I feel ur pain...

Proudtospin,,have a wonderful trip and come join us on the new fun thread...I may be in ur neighborhood in Aug.if it's not too hot,I will let u no...

Alyson is on her way home,,,,

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh Ducky, I just saw the part about being pulled over by a cop -
    that's too funny!! Just make sure you're not driving around with one of
    those red solo cups that Kracker has told us about. They would take you
    away for sure!

GG, I hate to admit it, but occasionally when I'm doing really bad, I actually let my daughter push me around in a wheel chair when she wants to go shopping. I just can't keep up when I'm having a bad flare, and I hate to miss out on getting to go.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Doing ok just haven't been on.. Co-worker's memorial service on friday and I can't afford to go - but my team (son, dil and I) sent a group card and flowers.

• FireKracker

Been missin u GmaF

Thinkin about u too

And prayin

Come back more often

I gotta go babysit today 

I'll be back

• SlowDeepBreaths

I'm so sorry GMA. You're in my prayers.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Will be really back in the www by Saturday. So much to tell you all. 

Big hugs hugs

• FireKracker

hi Alyson

Can't wait for ur stories

• SlowDeepBreaths

I love to live vicariously through other people's travels!! Can't wait to hear the stories!

• SlowDeepBreaths

• SlowDeepBreaths

cure guy???

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

oh my, we have been searching for him and he is right there!  love the green face

• Alyson

Just lost a 'Great' post bother it. Love the cure guy and oh boy he does seem to get around. And OMG I have recently heard the asparagus cure being touted as the new wonder cure. There is no cure for stupid. 

Found this guy hanging around 

• Alyson

Think we should use it like this!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

LOL Alyson. I would need a lot more asparagus than that to fit around my fat backside!!!

Edited to add picture:

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

Alright, we're on another asparagus roll!

Another possible sighting of the Cure Guy?

• Alyson

Did someone say asparagus rolls

• Monis

How about some asparagus cake?

• FireKracker

OMG we r back to square one 

We made a full circle

• Alyson

All we need now are the chickens

• Monis

Did I hear someone say chickens?

• Alyson

Plus the guard kitties

• duckyb1

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239

I had joined bc.org when first diagnosed but quit it since I clearly had not found this thread before deciding!  Here is my solution for stupid (after all, we know it cannot be repaired unfortunately)

1.  Practice your poker face since your eyes WANT to roll back into your head and you WANT to slap them.

2.  Save for future joke material when you need a good laugh.  "Geesh, if I had only dipped in the river Nile 7 times I wouldn't be getting this mastectomy"

3.  In your mind, dish it right back to them.  Of course you must first find a flaw with them (which is very difficult because well meaning soothsayers are usually perfect, don't you know)

For example.... "You don't say?  Eating bat turd cures cancer?  I have heard that taping your mouth shut helps stupid" 

4.  Remain humbled in knowing no doubt we have all said something stupid sometime in our lives and we hope to God it wasn't that stupid.....

Thank you for this thread, for it appears that some of us may have lost some breast tissue but not our senses of humor, thankfully.

• duckyb1

Enjoy..........love it............right on point..........LOL.........x

I think the best part of stupid i got was "Wow,, at least you got the "good cancer".............

• SlowDeepBreaths

Someone said that to me too Ducky.

• FireKracker

and I got AT LEAST U DONT HAVE TO HAVE UR BREASTS REMOVED