OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

I would love to be able to do all my grocery shopping there, but then it would be my whole paycheck.  Don't you just "feel" healthier when you walk into that store?  : )  All those beautiful, fresh organic vegetables just oozing with health.  Oh, and have you ever looked at their selection of treats in their bakery?  OMG, those desserts are to die for!  But, probably not healthy.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

if you learn to bake your own bread and stuff, then you have no worries about salt or chemicals.  I do not get folks complaining about salt junk, just do not buy the processed junk!

FK, next time you come to NJ I will give you some baking lessons...it is called find a good recipe, follow it and modify if you want to be creative

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

GG, Sorry you didn't find someone you trust. I think that's so important with all these treatments.

GMA, how are you doing? Is the acupuncture still giving you some relief?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Yes it is - but this week I hit my head raising up on the fridge and gave myself a bit of concussion.  Nausea, dizzy, stiff neck and headache.  Breast pain flared like you wouldn't believe.  Went to the acupuncturist yesterday (she got me in right away) and she said its good to get brain settled quickly after the incident.  That they do a whole different treatment when you hit your head - to try to settle things down.  If she was to work on the pain too, it would send my body into overload and it would be worse rather than help.  So she did the head treatment and I feel a bit better today, but breast still hurts.  She said to let it ride this weekend and will get back to it next Monday.  It's amazing how the brain gets messed up so quickly. Note to self: raise up slowly when going into the fridge LOL.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

I'm sorry GmaF...u really need to catch a break

Slow---I. Have stomach problems from when I was under 10 yrs.old,u name it I had or have it

I'm sick of this damn diet

And yes I do need a road trip

And I can go whenever

Cranky,cranky and again cranky

Enuf said

• FireKracker

PTS--- I have the worst oven to even think of baking now

And my apt is sooo hot even with the AC on.

Comes the cooler weather I'll go to my GDs house and bake there...

Enjoy whole foods

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh no GMA! My goodness, you've really been through the wringer lately!! I bet you can't wait for your treatment on Monday.

FK, those stomach problems can be hard to figure out. My daughter has been going through testing for years and they still can't tell her what is wrong. She gets cranky too.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all you have been busy. 

Kracker have you ever looked at the fodmap diet. It was designed for people with IBS. It really worked for my daughter and if  my system goes crazy it works for me. After the first few week or so you don't need to cut out certain things just avoid then and you discover what foods upset your gut. 

There has been a lot in the news here lately about the over use of gluten free diets and that it is actually harmful. Only about .5 percent of people actually need a real gluten free diet. I do have relations who are Celiac so I know about their problems which have been made worse by people going gluten free. A lot of food is said to be gluten free and actually it isn't. 

Slow was it you who mentioned RA? It is difficult to know if swelling is RA or LE. I have LE in my arm and truncial - have what I call my handbag under my arm which gets very painful. I do MLD most days and see the LE therapist when I need to. My hand went up like a balloon last year and was difficult to treat but we worked on it and is now good.  I am sure the RA doesn't help. 

Sorry about the long post. Have has terrible RA since coming home, my fibro has flared and the LE under my arm is so swollen. I am a real grump. Then you get stupid people making inane comments. 

Big hugs to all. 

• FireKracker

Alyson,I did check out the diet

Put it in my favorites

Most of the foods on that list I don't eat but some I do

Gonna try it,,,thanks

• SlowDeepBreaths

Alyson, That has been my biggest challenge. Figuring out what is RA related and what is not. Especially with pain and inflammation. The doctors really couldn't give me a clear cut answer on how to know the difference other than poking a needle into it. Did you find your RA got a lot worse after your BC diagnosis?

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239

Firecracker, my niece is eating GF voluntarily, can you imagine, says she feels better on it, less bloated even though docs say she doesn't have the celiac disease.  When she comes here for a visit the grocery bill is a la' cha ching!  I found some gluten free flour and keep thinking I will try to make rolls with it but then I lose interest in that much work hahahaha.  I made a special dinner just for her one time and she ate the one I had made for the rest of the family. (?) She is one of my "well meaning but ill informed" relatives, she is 20 years old and told me where to go for natural treatment rather than any surgery or femara.   Love her but......   Next time I make anything edible that is GF baking wise I will have to mail it to ya Firecracker.  I am also available for fat transplants.....

Lymphedema sounds awful, I don't have it since they probably didn't get enough nodes out to cause it but on the other hand of course like all of us you think to yourself, geesh, did they check enough nodes?  Some days I feel like I would win the lottery and still complain about the taxes, BC can make you rethink a lot of things that is for sure.

Don't be offended by my asparagus comment, since the thread is about stupid I just revisited it.  Yeah, I suspect there is a study someplace but will be interesting to see if it is confirmed and what quantity actually does help at all if it does, that is! 

I too love whole foods but don't indulge often (I know I am worth it and all that but I wash the crap out of any non organic veggies with vegetable wash from trader joes) because it costs so much.  It is about an hour away too.  

Hilarious Road Trip picture.  Yup, I want to look like them, they have the world by the tail....

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Hey - I love asparagus - if they want to say it cures cancer, let 'em.  Of course, I've eaten a ton of it my whole life so probably shouldn't have had cancer, but what the hey. 

• SlowDeepBreaths

How about some asparagus ice cream???? Now that I might eat!!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

I don't want to eat ice cream that makes my pee stink.  Bawling

• enjoyevrymoment

HAHAHAHAHAHAH Garden Gumby!   I have heard of corn ice cream but never asparagus....  And THAT would be just perfect for my trying to get my butt smaller..... 

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha GG!!

I think someone may have pointed it out on this thread, but only 1/4 of the people that eat asparagus has the gene to allow them to smell it. 

I definitely have the gene!!

• FireKracker

hi enjoy

U can make me any kind if GF cake,I'll send u my address

This sugar addict is havin such a hard time with the food

And

I'll take 5 lbs..from u too..I'm way too skinny..yeah u read it right ...ppl think I'm crazy when I say I don't wanna be skinny...as u get older skinny ppl do not age well,if u no what I mean..

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309

Only 1/4 of people can smell the after effects of asparagus?  Really?  Seems like everyone I know comments about it.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Monis, I think there is conflicting information on the after smell of asparagus - at least that's what I read.

• Alyson

Early on we had some wonderful suggestions as to what you could do with the asparagus puree - one was to add it to the coffee enema!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh my. Sounds painful.

• enjoyevrymoment

Regarding coffee asparagus enema---Just picturing greenish brown liquid going in.... oh my not a pleasant thought.  We are a scrappy bunch who go through BC but geesh that is where I draw the line.  Let's face it though if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that every cell that ever considering mutating would run for it's Momma who knows what I would do....but I am not sure I would respect myself in the morning...Sick

Firecracker, I do hear that a lot, that when you get a bit older you can't keep weight on.  I am awaiting that phase of life with mixed emotions.  As a soldier in the Cellulite Wars, I cannot picture it ever happening but I do believe you.   You will be the first to know if I manage to become Julia Child of the GlutenFree World and we will arrange a drop somewhere in Pennsylvania.  ;0

I am up at 3AM what is up with that?  If only you could get stuff done while you are up without waking the entire house.  Sigh.  Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone.   

• SlowDeepBreaths

• Alyson

Hope this link works, it's great fun.

http://www.metaspoon.com/older-ladies-donnalou/?fb

• SlowDeepBreaths

OMG Alyson.....that video is hysterical!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Alyson, I LOVED it!

• SlowDeepBreaths

• enjoyevrymoment

Alyson, loved the video.  SlowDB, the picture of the dog is a classic. Behaving is highly overrated in some areas of life ;)

• FireKracker

I don't behave

I never behaved

And I don't plan on changing now