Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Ok - went down to get new health insurance for next year. Insurance right now is so high we can only afford to get one of us insurance... It was suggested to do what "everyone else" is doing - Being we don't get any assistance, just get a divorce. That way we could file taxes separately and then get assistance. Not bloody likely - It is like the government wants us to get rid of the sanctity of marriage to get help.. After being married for 41 years to my DH, there is no way I'm going to divorce him to get health insurance. This was a speak to my hand moment.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

That is awful GMA. Just doesn't seem right at all.

• Queen_Celeste
    Queen_Celeste Member Posts: 29

I received a reminder from my doctor's office to schedule my yearly mammogram.  That made me laugh out loud!  I had a mammogram last February...now there's nothing left so what do they plan to "mammogram"?

• metoo14
    metoo14 Member Posts: 165

My father died 16 years ago. I remember about 6 months after he died, his oncologist's office called to schedule an appointment, I can laugh about it now but at the time I was so angry and totally laid into the person calling. You would think the offices would have some short of system to make sure that doesn't happen.

• ORgal
    ORgal Member Posts: 37

Ugh, my grandmother died earlier this year in a care center. We cleared her room of personal effects, donated some, etc. Then a couple weeks later the care center dinged her bank account for another month of care.

• SlowDeepBreaths

There REALLY is no cure for stupid.

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181

Slow Deep Breaths - Very funny!!

• gmafoley

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahaha GMA!

In my case it is the DOG. I've got a train and village under the tree and it has poles that came with the set. My young dog stole one of the poles and started chewing away. He knew right away he did wrong. He HATES the train. He growls at it when we turn it on. Too funny.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

• cuddyclothes
    cuddyclothes Member Posts: 98
  • Lucy55

• Lucy55

• gmafoley

• Lucy55

HaHa 😃

• Lucy55

• gmafoley

• Lucy55

• Eliz1973
    Eliz1973 Member Posts: 34

I don't have anything to offer right this minute, but I sure enjoyed a good laugh!!!! Thank you! You are the only ones who thoroughly understand how much I needed a good laugh right now!!!! God Bless you all!

• Lucy55

Eliz.. Glad you're getting a laugh.. It seems to make everything feel a bit better :-)

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahahahahaha!!!

• gmafoley

The grandsons received a Ducky Nativity Scene from Santa... Think about that one.. ROFL. Funny when you do.

We had a great time even with my revision surgery 2 days before. Was on pain meds, but was coherent enough to enjoy my time with family

• SlowDeepBreaths

So glad you had a good time GMA. You deserve it!! I don't think I've ever seen a ducky nativity scene. Is this your invention Ducky??? haha

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Haha....so cute......

• Lucy55

HaHa :-)

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

cute

• Lucy55

• Eliz1973
    Eliz1973 Member Posts: 34

Lucy55,

Lolololol

Ok, now seriously, is his really what I need to prepare for? I will be starting hormone therapy at the end of my treatment....

Argh.....

Elizabeth

• Lucy55

Eliz1973.. Hi.!! Hoping all goes well for you with hormone therapy!!!