Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945

Ok, I just went back to page 42 and read several posts there but had to stop for a minute because of the tears of laughter. Especially love the one about the turkey bacon and Kosher bra. Looking forward to continuing reading. I may need to do it in segments because my ribs won't be able to handle it.

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181

Thanks for the laugh Lucy!! I needed that.

Happy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Asparagus still rules as the ultimate care especially how it is administered. LOL 

• MoreShoes
    MoreShoes Member Posts: 179

Lucy, I love your quotes! :-)

• MoreShoes

Alyson, I'm trying to find information about the infamous "asparagus incident" but can't. I did find a site with all the weird food combinations you need to cure cancer!!!! what a pity, I could have avoided the third chemo today.

Can you please say what the deal is with asparagus? Thank you

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

I joined about the time that the asparagus man was king

Do believe that the laughter healed my soul!

Course I do get a pain in my rib at times, likely related to the extreme laughter

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434

yes, I want to hear about the asparagus also! what stupidity did I miss?

I gargled with baking soda daily during chemo. Helps with mouth issues (sores and the like). Cancer itself, not so much.

Octogirl

• marijen

so I make the baking soda easy - I drink Club soda ; ))

• Alyson

Let's see if I can remember, it went around that asparagus was the cure for cancer and that you could take it in various ways. Look it up on google. The original bit is right at the start of the thread. It was supposed to be used as some sort of supplement and somehow it was decided it had to administered as a suppository alongbwith the coffee enema.  As you can imagine the whole thing got very very silly and we invented a cure which contained anything said to be a cure. We had on of our number out hunting the cure guy as well. A lot of those there at the beginning are not with us now and it was fun for them in a difficult situation all very silly but very funny and that recipe was hilarious. 

So we still have to send everyone out looking for the cure guy we really do need to find out where the cure is hiding and do remember to wear your tinfoil hats. 

• Alyson

A tinfoil hat to wear while sipping your club soda. 
  • marijen

Sweet, but oh I just look at it and my teeth hurt

• MoreShoes

Thanks Alyson. I won't try the enema if you don't mind :-)

The hat is cute btw. I got another "useful" tip today: medicinal cannabis and mistletoe! According to them they reduce the tumors. At least I'd be too high to notice anything ;-)

• Alyson

There is certainly no cure for stupid. This morning it is Ginger which I love and so should never have got cancer.

We could start a new recipe for the cure. 

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

hmm, getting hi would always be a good solution for all pain

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• junieb

I am sooooooo glad I found this thread! You ladies are very funny and while laughter may not cure the cancer, it sure helps to lift the spirit.

After reading here yesterday, my spirit was so uplifted that I actually felt motivated to get back to my sewing machine. I started & completed the blanket I've been planning on making for my new "to be" puppy that I hope to get in April or May. Before, I would just look at the fabric and berate myself for not getting on it. Since my dx I have struggled to get motivated to do anything creative.

Thank you ladies and I look forward to many more days of laughter with you!

• marijen

Decades of estrogen in the drinking water system:

Embedded image permalink

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Oh.. Thank goodness.. Here's a cure I am happy to go along with :-)

• Alyson

And of course: 

• Alyson

Maybe this is the cure?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

• Alyson

Come on Ducky get back into it and start finding ways to annoy the stupid. 

• duckyb1

LOL................

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

Lucy...I love your picture...so true!!! Alyson, during the work day, it has to be chocolate!! and actually chocolate goes pretty good with dry red wine!!

Ducky...too funny!!! The older I get the less tolerance (was going to say patience, but realize its not patience) for stupid!!! Geeze, what will happen when I'm a geriatric citizen if I'm lucky to get that old!!! OH my goodness, the people around me will not have a chance!!!

Can't decide what is uglier the man braid or the man bun!!!

• junieb

The blanket I made for the Cairn Terrier puppy I plan on getting in the Spring.

• Y0tis
    Y0tis Member Posts: 2

Thanks for starting this thread SandyAust. Fun fun!

• duckyb1

So a cute pillow.........Puppy Love

• MoreShoes

Oh Jazz, what a cute pillow!

Ppl are wondering what I'm doing all day, if I get bored or not during chemo. Well, I'm learning guitar(!) and I'm decluttering the house Konmari style. It's therapeutic.

• junieb

Thanks moreshoes & Ducky1 - but it's a blanket. It'll be his first one.

• duckyb1

Even better..........I watch my Grand and Great Grand dogs snuggle up in their "cozzies" and the just love them...I think Stella has about 10.......LOLimage