Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• gardengypsy
    gardengypsy Member Posts: 499

lol. "The real ones tried to kill me."

• MoreShoes
    MoreShoes Member Posts: 179

A clueless friend sent me an article where it says with big letters: THEY CURE TO CANCER IS KNOWN!!! Yeah, you're required to eat apricot pits forever, Can someone please pass this information to all the researchers so we can deal with our cancer as soon as possible?

I just thanked her and threw the article. I don't need stupid in my life.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

oh yeah. If you look back on this thread you will see the fun we had over the asparagus ,man

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

• Lucy55

• suems
    suems Member Posts: 79

Hi MoreShoes,

I remember the apricot kernel one! Google laetrile and Milan Brych. He was a fraud and charlatan who (with faked medical credentials) managed to convince people they had cancer, then sell them the cure (at $10,000 per shot). After doing time in a New Zealand prison he was deported back to Czechoslovakia (as it was then). It is believed he is now in the UK or Europe - and could still be peddling his apricot kernels.

Sue.

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600

When I was first diagnosed and undergoing chemo, a good friend told a joke at a dinner party I was attending. I don't remember the entire joke, but the punchline was " Well, at least you don't have cancer". You could have heard a pin drop in that room. Awkward!

• MoreShoes

Oh Lucy, love the cartoon. I have to remember it next time I've to deal with this friend (on Sunday :-)

• rossileo18
    rossileo18 Member Posts: 55

Some "helpful" suggestions from my friend who is convinced that a good diet and elimination stress will 'cure' cancer.

Perhaps you are not being flexible in thinking. There must be ways to make it better. How about selling your apartment? You'll get enough money for 3 years of living and not working, no? If you can overcome cancer in 3 years, then it is ok to be penniless, I think. If not, what use is there owning an apartment?

How about moving to Korea? I think it is cheap enough to get medical service even without insurance. The doctors are pretty good here.Americans come here for medical services. Japan is only one hour away. Beijing, too. You'll breathe. The country's so small that you can live in the countryside and commute to a city hospital even.
  • Lucy55

yes.. all you need to beat cancer is a positive attitude.. Ugh.. If I here that one more time I'll SCREAM!!

• MoreShoes

Ah yes rossileo, I got cancer because I was "too negative". Remember...stupid is free entertainment :-)

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181

If they really want to know what causes it, why aren't there statistics on the 250,000 that get a new dx every year? Personally I think it's pollution, it's everywhere.

• rossileo18
    rossileo18 Member Posts: 55

Hi Moreshoes,

Yes, this place can be entertaining. I'm sure she thought she was being helpful, but I just had to tell her that her (stupid) suggestions were just adding more stress to my life.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,716

I just loathe stupid and insensitive people!

• Lucy55

Mommy.. I agree.. and there's so many of them 😱

• m0mmyof3

Yep, like a female co-worker of my hubby who said to him "the only reason that I had the reconstruction on my girls was for him". He countered back and so didn't another female co-worker of his that I did it "for my own piece of mind"

• duckyb1

Like it was any of her damn business why you did it..........Devil

• m0mmyof3

You got that right!!!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all haven't been around for a while. I am a very old OMG poster. So hi all my friends. 

Have just been sent some cancer 'cures' in the last few days. Must be silly season out there it seems. 

OMG there is no cure for stupid. 

• Lucy55

HI Alyson.!!

• Alyson

Must be silly season. Was recently told about how baking soda will ensure cancer doesn't return. 

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945

Hello Ladies,

I just found this thread and find it quite funny. I've only read the last 3 pages, but especially love the Bugs Bunny one. I also had a women on the bus several weeks ago try to convince me that if I took a teaspoon of baking soda twice a day for two weeks, it would cure my cancer. All righty then!

• MoreShoes

Ah that's new, haven't heard it before. Hmm, is it an idea that instead of waiting for my stupid friend to "advice" me to eat baking soda, to be the first and tell her about this new and exciting treatment? Wouldn't it be awsome to combine the apricot pits, baking soda, green tea and broccoli into a juice and drink kilos of it every day? It's a sure thing! Why didn't I think of it before? *insert sarcasm*

• Alyson

Definitely silly season. Now it is Himalyan Salt which will be the magic cut for cancer. 

Jazzyjunebug go back to about page 42 and read from there but be warned that laughing can be very dangerous. 

Big hugs for all and I really think that laughter is the best medicine. 

• duckyb1

And let's not forget "asparagus ".......remember that Ally.....LO

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945

moreshoes - I just busted out laughing at your recent post. My Vita Mixer should be able to handle the apricot pits.Right? Bawling

Alyson - I'll have to go back and read that. Thanks!

• Lucy55

Ducky.. HaHa.. Maybe baking soda is the "new" asparagus. 😃

• duckyb1

If Baking Soda did the job, then I am truely cured...............I ate enough cakes and cookies during the holidays to account for at leas a couple boxes of baking soda................not to mention when I brushed my teeth with it................................nasty shit.............

• Lucy55