Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Gina4h
    Gina4h Member Posts: 51

OMG We need to add to the cancer cure recipe. My volunteer driver informed me (on the way to radiation) that if I ate flax oil mixed with cottage cheese my cancer would be cured in weeks. I'm also supposed to put magnets under my mattress to make the cure even faster.

There just is no cure for stupid!

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181

Angelina also had the best doctors and plastic surgeons money could buy

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945

Oh MoreShoes - I'm so sorry you had to have that experience. Many people just don't think before they speak. But, the old saying is true that no one can know what we face unless they've walked in the same shoes. That is why these threads are so helpful.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

MoreShoes - Yup I had that same thing come up and I blew up too.

Just an FYI I waited 4 years after radiation - but had a reconstruction/reduction on both sides - Amazingly, the radiated side was the side that didn't give me any trouble healing.. The non-radiated side had open wounds and bad scars.. Have had 2 revisions. After the first revision, found out the reason for the bad scarring was the dissolvable stitches. Everything looks great now.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,716

More, that sounds like another case for the "Open mouth, insert foot" file!

• MoreShoes
    MoreShoes Member Posts: 179

>Angelina also had the best doctors and plastic surgeons money could buy

Not only that, Marijen. She didn't have to deal with the sickness before that. She didn't go through chemo and radiation. Anyhow, I've developed thicker skin when it comes to statements like this from friends. I reply to them depending on my mood. sometimes I ignore them, sometimes I explode. And frankly, it's liberating.

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181

I got an a brush off email yesterday - "oh yeah it's all par for the course" kind of thing from a family member. Immediately trashed it.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

hard to get brush offs from family but it sure points out who you can depend on

• m0mmyof3

That is true Proud. Been there myself!

• proudtospin

mommy, my sister was going through her own shit during my treatment so was not helpful to me

But she got rid of her a hole of a husband and now we are close againc

• m0mmyof3

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I told my hubby today about how people compare what we have to go through with BC compared to Angelina, he thinks its wrong and stupid as well.

• pixiemuse
    pixiemuse Member Posts: 20

I'm so sick of stupid I could scream!!! Between Stupid questions and stupid statements.... It seems when I finally let down my guard stupid appears again. Oh Breast Cancer!!! This being stated to me at least 2 times a week, you will be fine my sister had that and took a pill for 5 years or sheesh I was worried I thought you had real cancer my mother had that and is fine. NO NO NO NO NO there are different kinds of breast cancer there is no pill or injection or whatever for what I have. Or the other common weekly is some potion I have to try "flaxseed and olive oil.... that always works" works on what? I must not be drinking enough Green Tea... And Gina4 I to was told to put the magnets under my bed. Don't forget to add the crystals, dance nakie in the moonlight, click my heels 3 times there's no body like a cancer free body.... sorry it's been a crap day...

• proudtospin

woman at my gym says she always healthy and since she is 62, she is too old to get sick

Dumbo

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Thanks for the laughs ladies. I am still around and still here. Sorry but the stupid never stops. No wonder I have hot to nine years I of course had the good sort of cancer. Funny I thought as I have gone seven years beyond what was expected. Good to know. 

Hugs to all

• Alyson

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

Oh Alyson, thanks. I love the owl. Needed that giggle this morning. Love, Jean

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Laughing alot Alyson. Thanks for helping me smile today!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

My dear colleage was just was diagnosed with Stage IIA at age 40, she has a teen daughter and a 9 yr old. All of us hospice admission nurses have been checking in with her, and no one says anything stupid. We're just present with her, no stories about people we know yada yada, She just had a bilateral mastectomy and starts chemo this week. She's such a positive person and we intend to be there for her. I did tell her when she's ready for her reconstruction I'll wait for her and we can get our nipple tattoos together in New Orleans and she had a good laugh. Sisterhood is powerful!

• shellshine

And P.S., Angie got to keep her nipples!

• shellshine

(Angelina). I like her by the way.

• pixiemuse

I'm loving the owls Happy

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

HaHa.. :-)

Alyson.. We've missed you.!!

• proudtospin

did anyone see the eagle give birth this morning, it was on NBC and not what else

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

I love all the pictures.

My "baby" turns 18 tomorrow...I'm so excited for her...such a milestone birthday.

• zjrosenthal

Gee, after what we've been through, I think we should all qualify to work at hooters.....would be a hoot! Just us and the owls. Teehee! Love, Jean

• pixiemuse

OMG I'm laughing so hard I spit milkshake on my pillow. Haha

• Alyson

And Karen a very happy birthday to your owlet. She is such a lovely young woman.

• zjrosenthal

I love this thread. Always makes me smile. Sorry about the milkshake pixie. Hope it wasn't chocolate! Love, Jean

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hi, and good morning ladies.............Hi Aly, and hello Shellshine.................Lord if you all go back a few years you will see how much stupid shit people have said over the years......................I'm here 5, and think I have heard it all....................right Aly......LOL.........but the best one was "oh you got the good cancer"..............

And as far as Jolie goes......don't even get me started on that subject.......that is really a thorn in my side........my comment to that was.......she had a choice.....Did we.....she had time to plan...Did we.....she had the best money could buy....Did all of us........did she go through Chemo, Rads, Tamo, Femara, Arimidex.....Aches, Pains.......burnt by rads.......I think not.............and did she go through Hospice.....or a funeral........that would be a no..........so please stop calling her heroic..........she was one of the lucky ones.........now everyone can yell at me for my opinion........sorry that is how I feel........love you all........