Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Options

Comments

• DoggieBytes
    DoggieBytes Member Posts: 32
    Options

*sigh* You don't need asparagus or some bububala berry found only in Mozambique to cure cancer.

Don't cha guys know all it takes is positive thoughts?

Which implies, naturally, that we all got cancer because we weren't thinking 'positively enough' all along.

Wishful thinking, but someday when someone says that to me I'd like to punch them in the face. Then say "well that happened because you weren't thinking positively enough".

*sigh* /vent off.

• MoreShoes
    MoreShoes Member Posts: 179
    Options

Doggiebytes, ah yes. I had that one too. And the friend who was causing me all the negativity was her :-)

Another friend said to my face, after I told her about my chemo and blood tranfusion: " I have problems at work, but at least I don't have your kind of problems." Oh yeah, I choose my friends carefully as you can see :-)) I smiled while the only thing I wanted to do was to kick her.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    Options

Shyly: is it too late for some of that Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee? How about if I do a hula in an asparagus skirt and a bacon bra in exchange?

• pixiemuse
    pixiemuse Member Posts: 20
    Options

hahaha on the cat in pants.. I soooo needed that.

Cara

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    Options

QM, I think I may pay money to see that one! hahahaha

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

• pixiemuse
    pixiemuse Member Posts: 20
    Options

Yup queen the coffee is on, I have cake too and uh huh I would pay money to see the hula!!!!

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    Options

Warming up now!

• Kitty13
    Kitty13 Member Posts: 1
    Options

how about the people who tell you it's all in your attitude and you're not thinking positively enough? Being told to fight harder while being in chemotherapy for the last 6 plus years makes me nuts

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    Options

Kitty.. Welcome !! Yes fight harder, and be more positive.!! Ugh !

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    Options

So maybe we should all enroll in mixed martial arts classes. Surely that would cure us! Ugh¿ Love, Jean

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Kitty, I didn't have chemo but I still got that a lot. And the comment - "Just get on with your life - you are alive and still here." 5 years out this next month and I have just finished my 7th surgery. My life will never be the same.. and I try to get on with it - then doc appts for ONC, GP, PS, PT, LET..... oh and don't forget the labs and mammogram. need I go on?

On the bright side - I have been taking pictures out my home office window sitting at my desk. These two pictures I just need to share to brighten everyones day.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,519
    Options

Love the first bird picture!!!

Stupid never ceases to amaze me!!!

• Creativevintage
    Creativevintage Member Posts: 53
    Options

I had someone make the most insensitive, thoughtless comment to me yesterday...someone who knows I've been through treatment for BC. My hair is growing back and it's basically a pixie style right now. I am thrilled with how much it's grown in the last couple of months. A woman I work with made the comment ...."I wish you would grow your hair out. I don't like you with short hair, you don't even look like yourself". Really? How do you think I feel, not recognizing myself in the mirror every day? Do you think I chose to have my hair fall out from chemo? I was floored and actually walked away with tears rolling down my cheeks.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    Options

tell that dumb woman you are setting a trend

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

Creative, I am so sorry that happened to you; I would have cried also!

I was out to dinner with my DD and SIL, and SIL asked if he could post a pic he took of us in the restaurant on Facebook. Yes, my 'pixie cut' is very short, but it does look like a style finally...or so I like to think. So, while I have kept any mention of bc off of FB, I told my SIL it was ok to post the pic. And I thought it would be: until one of my cousins who has no filter (and who doesn't know about the bc) posted a reply: "Looks like fun...now what the hell did (insert my name here) do to her hair?"

It would have been a rude remark in ANY circumstances, whether I had bc or not, and of course the same is true for that idiot you work with. Yes, I had my SIL remove the post right away. It hurt.

Hugs to you. People really are stupid sometimes.

Octogirl

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    Options

Octo, Our hair is thankfully growing out... but stupid can't be fixed.... Or maybe stupid people just refuse to learn and change.

My friends no longer seem to understand me and how I feel. If one more of them implies that the issues we are having with our oldest son are due to our parenting... I might just smack them. His depression, which was made worse by my diagnosis, is why he is still home and not at college.

• Scwilly
    Scwilly Member Posts: 232
    Options

I feel for all of you reporting stupid comments. What ignorant people there are in the world.

The hair thing is so hard - I felt crazily it was the worst part of treatment. So public and available for people to comment. Most may have been well meaning but I didn't want to hear about how they loved my new short, grey, curly, unchosen, old granny look. I didn't and couldn't wait for it to be a thing of the past. One woman told me quite directly that I should never dye my hair as she loved the colour. Then why didnt she colour her blonde highlighted hair grey herself! I had a style and color I didn't choose and was absolutely sure I wasn't going to keep.

I am now back to my shoulder length light brown hair and happy to be anonymous. I feel the irritation when I hear others having to put up with this need to comment.

Hugs Sarah

Medicating

• MoreShoes
    Options

Ah the hair situation. This is my 3rd time dealing with cancer and chemo. The first two times I had lost my hair and was wearing wigs. Of course I got all these remarks too.

This time around, with the new gem carbo cocktail the hair didn't fall, BUT it's so thin, I have hardly hair on top, every day I'm losing a lot of hair and what's left is lifeless and fried (like my chemo brain, but that's another story). You have to hear all the stupid comments I get: "Oh at least you still have your hair!" Are you blind?! THIS IS NOT MY HAIR!!! Does it look like healthy, bouncy hair? NO.This is Bozo the clown wig.

Sorry...just venting...hmm...maybe I should have posted it to Steam room for anger :-)

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

Poppy, hugs. I've been there! People really are stupid.

Octogirl

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    Options

Ladies.. Ugh.. The comments are rude, rude, RUDE.. Like Octo says, so rude whether they know you've had chemo or not !!! What were they thinking !!??!!

Poppy.. You are the best, involved, caring mum ever!! Tell them to STFU.!! Maybe we need to get the STFU thread rolling again.???

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    Options

LOL

• SlowDeepBreaths
    Options
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,519
    Options

Slowdeep.....love this!!!

• MoreShoes
    Options

Slowdeep...I love this!

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    Options

To the tune of Jingle Bells....

Oh chemo drugs, chemo drugs dripping through my veins,

Wiping out those cancer cells so I'll be well again.

Chemo drugs, chemo drugs nausea oh what glee.

I don't care take all my hair just save my life for me!

My bowels are a fright. Can't seem to get them right.

I pooped my brains out yesterday. Now I can't go tonight.

Oooohhh....chemo drugs, etc.

I hope somebody gets a laugh from my silly chemo song. Love, Jean

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    Options

zip, too funny

We'll tossed in the towel and got appt for spinal injections at 1, called a pall to go with me, cross fingers and welcome any pocket pals

• SlowDeepBreaths
    Options

ZJ, hahahahahaha....good one. Thanks for the much needed laugh.

Sorry I missed you PP Iris. I'm glad you're feeling better.Smile

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    Options

For All Dog Lovers:

The following link will take you to a 2 min. video that is sponsored by Purina Puppy Chow & SoulPancake. For every person who watches it, 1 pound of food will be donated to an animal shelter. This giveaway is only available until April 23, 2016.

Thanks

http://giveitlove.com/one-pound-dog-food-for-a-she...

• Tess53
    Tess53 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Cure for stupidity. Listening to your Doctor when tired, dealing with one life altering medical condition that only gets worse.. and having a second tossed in like a grenade and doing what you are told you must when you are scared and not telling them leave me alone.

This last November I had my routine mammogram 5 yrs after the last as told, in November I was dealing with Multiple Sclerosis that had already damaged my life almost beyond keeping going for family. My son, Parents.. {Some background.}. I lost my career, I woke up to being just a door mat in my marriage when my MS was considered everyone inconvenience.. Like it didn't effect me it just meant I couldn't do everything I was supposed to.. take care of dementia mother in law, drive long trips so my Bass fisherman Hubby who never caught more then maybe two and most all were zero.. but I was supposed to back the boat in, wait in a parking lot, pick the boat up after the lost tournament.. it was always he didn't have the right equipment or the day had a issue..over 20,000 spent on fishing stuff not counting the boat.. I got down with my MS, Lyrica had just been prescribed and I was loosing my vision.. Doctor said no not a med conflict.. so I finally on my own started weaning off it and regained 90% of my vision back.. yet they wanted me in a psych ward for not doing things the RIGHT way never mind 3 appointments saying I have a black spot, that black spot is getting worse.. The black spot has almost taken all my vision in my right eye.. I had to fix myself.. I know why the call Doctors "PRACTICING" medicine. Then I get a bad cold, I'm not cooking, dishes, taking care of his mother.. sleeping on a floor because he stole and hyped up his pain from an ortho issue to the point he was on such high doses and still stealing my Darvon..then his drinking a case of beer a night I swear to god no joke.. he trashed his liver, and I had to race him to the hospital and spent the next year pandering to him thru rehab and laxatives to keep ammonia from doing more brain damage..I wanted out so bad but had to get him to a point he could manage.. I was so stupid thinking I needed to do the right thing, leaving a man that called me a frigid bitch and that was the nice terms.. finally I had him up on a walker.. I'd slept on the floor because his incontinence had turned the beautiful waterbed I'd bough years before meeting him into a sewer..getting sick and I had his 7 siblings fussing because I wasn't taking care of him and his mother.. So I got out.. 47 and leaving everything just to get away from an abusive marriage. I left with my clothes.. I gave everything to him in exchange for freedom..

I knew I was scraping the bottom of the barrel when I tucked tail and moved back to my Mom's I haven't dated or even thought about trying to get back in the game 2 strikes and I wasn't going for a third.. Then My uncle got sick.. I went to the hospital and came joking Hey guys what's it going to take to get you out.. My 90 yr old aunt looks at me with tears and says they can't go home, they are being sent to a nursing home.. OH HELL NO.. I demanded to see the discharge nurse and the head of nursing demanding to know why a 90 yr old lady had spent 10 days in a hospital and never given a tray, a bed or anything, why my uncle was so narc-ed out he never knew I was there until 4 days later.. They had listed him as indigent, and no family , never bothering to ask the lady in the room the whole time a damn question.. He'd gotten hit with Shingles and then pneumonia, and they were shipping them off to a warehouse to die.. Never bothering to know this couple until this illness danced Fancy Ballroom dancing 3 days a week, he kept his own stock portfolio and they had used up 3 passports. A love affair of over 60 yrs started as vaudeville came to a close, she'd been a raven haired Shirley Temple and danced nights a the call someone cancelled and school would be caught up some other time. He'd been a accountant for the rail road and they could have donated a wing to that damn hospital should they have wanted... he needed two Iv meds a day for 21 days and they were shipping them off because of that within hours I had a hospital bed being delivered, a shouting match with his doctor who didn't feel I was capable of caring for them.. I'd only been an EMT and Nurse for over 20 yrs.. what did I know??? Right? the difference between Doctors and God.. God is content to just be God Doctors have to Brag they are better..

3 yrs later they don't dance any more but they still live in their upscale condo, and sleep beside each other, and finished sentences.. He's well and recovered and wrote a check at the first Hospital Bill they got in the mail.. The Hospital had to REFUND most of it once his insurance was checked.. The point is you have to be an advocate for some, and sometimes an advocate for yourself.

The November Mammogram wasn't read quickly they waited 3 weeks to get the copy of the old mammogram to compare, meanwhile my 83 yr old father was having issues in Florida that needed an advocate so I drove to Florida. Now at 53 I expected colon cancer it was the family cancer. Or Heart disease.. but Long living family I didn't expect anymore life shattering events.. I was sooo delusional.. they called my cell and 'can you come in we have a blurry image we need to re take the shot Ok when I get back from 4 states away I'll schedule it..Oh well how long will your vacation be?? You'll be back by Christmas surely.. No I'm not on Vacation I am getting my dad thru pacemaker placement used to a CPAP machine, dealing with a bed bug infestation, and an old man that thinks he's a hot rod 17 yr old while driving. Pulling up beside another car when his lane end in a 100 feet giving the car a var-om growl and when the light changed taking off at 50+ mph With me screaming have you lost your MIND.. well if I wreck I can replace it, duh if we survive IT.. trips to the doc where I am pointing out an unusual rash he has that I suddenly also have.. Scabies I always wanted Lice..just to make things more interesting.. then leaving the Dr's office he has a script, I have a buy the shampoo at the drug store and use it like lotion it'll hold till you get to YOUR DOCTOR. Are you freaking Kidding me?? He's going Dancing 4 days a week spreading Lice and bugs and the Doctor treats me as a silly child seen but otherwise ignored.. I mean come on what kind of voodoo do they do in the middle of a swampy area above Orlando ? the doctor looked 80 himself.. So I stay Finish cleaning his home, cooking, listening to him tap dance when he wakes me at 3 am because he woke up and decided to make a snack.. his diabetes he wasn't checking it once a day let alone multiple times and associating how he feels with what his readings were.. I was there until coming back in the new year..

Then that Jan 5th appointment for the mammogram I'd been worrying about for almost a month.. within a less the 30 minute window I'd had the scan, and ultrasound and biopsy done.. I am walking to the car kicking myself why in Heck did I allow them to open it.. Take the area out and do the labs and be done, but opening the little pod of manic cells loose until who knows when??? 2 days later a call I'm calling to tell you your surgeons name and when he'll do your mastectomy..?? WHAT NO way you did not just call and tell me i have cancer like that ! Oh I'm sorry I thought you knew, well anyway I'll set up a consult before your surgery then..

Then let the circus begin.. My Father's advice.. Well heck once your over 50 it ain't like they are used for anything, they are just flabby saggy bags women like to shake at men.. just have em lopped off and be done with em.. needless to say my response isn't printable even in a jail note..and a broken cell phone where I threw it against the brick fireplace..

Then My Aunt lord love her, she has DD' torpedoes or larger and she begins to explain how one of her dance students had that and she had the surgery and did just fine till she died about 10 yrs later..Natural not cancer.. But I am a mild B and some how she just couldn't relate, They'll slip something in and you'll never know it..

Other advice is TURN YOUR BODY MORE ACIDIC cancer feeds off the sugar you ingest..

The surgeon pervert something they had to tag with a marker to be able to find again, he isn't going to find it by feel I know God knows I tried..He stood over me and played with my breasts while he told me ever question I asked was STUPID, Why would you want me to get a lymph node You don't want me doing that !! You'll leave after the surgery and never have to think about it again..Do I really need to say I got up as he sputtered when he thinks he can fit me in.. and I began dressing in front of him and parting shot was tossing the gown in his face saying the only way you are getting near me with a sharp instrument is if I have one that is sharper and longer !

two days of tears later I spoke with the Nurse Navigator for cancer patients. why is it you don't want this take care of.. well why is it that every one of you PROFESSIONALS has told me that there aren't studies to keep tabs on what you call my zero cancer.. It didn't rate anything but they were going to get it come heck or high water.. they had robbed me of the chance to have it followed by mammography, ultrasound biopsy areas an inch or two away so they had some clue.. but no, they have opened Pandora's box .. and now I had to deal with it.. so new surgeon looks 12 but talks to me,answers questions etc.. scheduled surgery and go in.. I have a 2 and a half inch scar that horizontally 2~3 inches above the nipple in sinks in the skin around it mounds up it's over a month later and I still have black old blood that discharges from the nipple so I constantly wear a band-aid. Bras are now loose sports and not anything that bids at all. I have lost over 40 pounds..

Now I just have to figure out HOW THE HECK DO YOU PUT YOUR LIFE BACK TOGETHER??? I get 1,000 a month from SSDI from the MS that food, clothes betca you can guess when I last bought a thing to wear..think Sundays and underwear.. Medication, insurance, and the first bill the day of the second mammogram ultrasound and biopsy that 30 minutes of my life was costing me 13,000. The Surgeon his time well he was a real good deal he only cost me 11,500, then there is the hospital, gotta pay off that new parking structure and tower , they need to stay non profit so I only own them 27,750 and that includes the labs the special bra that was way too big kitchen hand towels to keep any pressure on the site, and two on the other side. Then they finally get to the radiation and chemo part and I'm like NO, the report says that you got it all with clean margins why should I use a magic bullet like radiation now when I may need it in a year and a half more?? Well then Congrats, consider your self Cured.. Cured.. funny word that I am cured of a zero cancer, but my life is ruined. Bank accounts wiped out, clothes that I can't wear without looking like Ellie May Clampet using rope as a belt. Medications i can afford to fill, a for sale sign on a 15 yr old pick up truck, and bills i can never hope to pay if I live to be 200.

Why did I stupidly go get a test I knew was going to be a financial pinch, but my doctor wanted because STANDARD OF CARE age bingo do this. I am 4 months into 2016 and I know it's the worse year of my life. I wish I had never gone for a test never known just leave it alone. At least that way I would own more then a laptop. it's too old to sell.. I'm too old to even think cured is a good thing. the damage is done, my son will have nothing when I am gone it will be sold, the family that has money keeps it and I don't blame them, The ones that care don't have it, My father made a big deal out of cashing out a CD for 10,000 from one bank and putting in another for better interest, but because I didn't stay until he gave permission for me to return he sent me a updated copy of is will he's not only disowned me but my son too for some reason.. the next bubble in economics will pull them down hard enough that wasting it on this is just throwing good after bad. It was Microscopic until they took out 2 inches by 2 inches by 2 inches.. why couldn't I have been left to scrape every penny as I have for so long.. Why did I HAVE TO BE CURED and Ruined?

That's my cure for stupidity, don't waste what you have if it's going to leave you worse off.. I wonder what the shelter will be like.. I wonder why I sold my Gun for half what I paid for it so I could pay for a night at a motel and a chance to clean up.. If there is cancer in my body it will only be found in an autopsy because I can't do this again ever.. never again I have been stupid too much.