Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

hahahahaha Lucy!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Ducky... HaHa.. Well said.!! 😃

• Lucy55

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• Lucy55

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

Ok so here I am on the toilet in my downstairs bath. Just the second morning hiome from rehab for hip replacement surgery. Suddenly water starts to flow down from the ceiling on me. I can't get up for fear of slipping on a soaking wet floor. Handicapped hubby is upstairs not knowing what to do. My adult son who was sleeping over could not come in to rescue mom who was sitting on the toilet half naked and soaking wet. My son runs upstairs to turn off the water. Hubby toddles down and begins to dry the floor. He hands me a towel to dry off. What I really needed was an umbrella. Who knew umbrellas were standard equipment for bathrooms. (True story from Monday morning.) This is what happens when mom leaves the house for a week to have her hip replaced. Way beyond stupid. Love, Jean

• SlowDeepBreaths

All those pictures gave me such a good laugh!!

Oh no zj!

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry with you!! Great big hugs to you!!

• zjrosenthal

Please laugh, I am. "Laughin' thru the tears is my favorite emotion." Dolly Parton

• gmafoley

Crazy crazy - the worse we have is the drip drip drip from a leak that we can't find - Every time the wind blows from the south, during a storm, we get a leak in the doorway between my sunroom office and the living room - Permanent bucket there during the winter storms.

• SlowDeepBreaths

I love that quote zj.

GMA, Oh my....we had a leak during the night and it drove me insane!! A dripping faucet is a quick trip to Crazy Town for me. I have such a difficult time with repetitive sounds.

I hope you're able to chase down the source.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

oh dear had a nasty leak in my b room, finally ripped the upstairs b room all apart to fix the dang thing, contractor said if I had not done that, the ceiling could have fallen in on me, lordie, hope all gets fixed

• katcar0001
    katcar0001 Member Posts: 321

OMG, this thread is so funny. Gave some levity to my day, which I needed so much! Geesh, there is a lot of stupid out there.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Z.............sorry, LMAO.....having visual....................hope you have recovered from the shock.......LO

• zjrosenthal

Proudtospin, falling ceilings oh my. Sounds like you need more than an umbrella. LMAO! My leak wasnt just a drip ladies, more like an indoor deluge. I'm thinking of building an ark just in case...or at least getting a canoe. Now where could I keep that in the bathroom? Maybe hang it from the ceiling? You guys are scream. Love, Jean

• Lucy55

haha.. Sorry ladies.. I enjoyed ypur stories :-)

• Lucy55

• Lucy55

• proudtospin

plumbing issues not fun but since mine required major work, it now no longer looks like a 30 year old thing

Today's challenge was to find a new acct, last one called to cancel our meet as he needs a ct scan and expects to have surgery so he is canceling appts, not good

• zjrosenthal

Lucy55, loved your pic. Love, Jean

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahahahahaha Lucy!!

• proudtospin

I need that sink, maybe I should call my plumber guy, cept he had no sense of humor

• Lucy55

Slow.. I want one of those sinks too....even if they are too expensive to have one at home , we could pass the hat around to collect to have one installed here on the OMG thread !! We NEED one !!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

If anyone has a recommendation for a plumber for this sink, please post here. I think we can all use it!!!!

• Lucy55

• proudtospin

too cute

• gmafoley

• Lucy55

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahahahahahaha!!

• MoreShoes
    MoreShoes Member Posts: 179

Another friend said to me today: "Oh you'll do like Angelina Jolie and you'll be over with that". This time I flipped and told her to shut up. If she doesn't know what she's talking about, she shouldn't say anything. After my skin goes for the second time under radiation, there's no chance for reconstruction. Even if I want to try, I'd have to wait for a year (if I make it that long but that's a different story) and the chance for succes is close to zero.

Making everything seem easy and using Angelina Jolie as an example is one of my pet peeves, as you've probably guessed.

Curing ignorance one step at the time :-)