Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284
  • thegood5
  • veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

thegood5- I had to read that sign 3 times before I read it right.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
  • [Deleted User]
    Medical
    Breakthrough

A French doctor says 'Medicine in my country
    is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and
    have him looking for work in six weeks.'

A German doctor says 'That is nothing; we
    can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for
    work in four weeks.

The Russian doctor says 'In my country,
    medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person, put it
    in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks.'

An American doctor, not to be outdone, says
    'You guys are way behind. We recently took a man with no brains out of Illinois,
    put him in the White House, and now half the country is looking for
    work.
  • thegood5
  • thegood5
    what we need Pictures, Images and Photos
  • hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

um all the postings are gone from this thread? where did it all go??

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

oh there it is! it took a couple trys!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483

Testing, 1-2-3 testing (sorry I don't have a funny Testing picture to send!)

Judith and the BCO mods

• burley
    burley Member Posts: 248

Ok girls, I've been secretly following along on this thread (and laughing my ass off) but haven't posted.  All my other threads have mostly dried up and I'm in need of some new friends!

Like everyone else, I've received so many emails about why I got BC...and all the remedies...all the angel emails...I immediately delete emails from certain people because I know that's all they are.

The biggest culprit is my mother-in-law.  Constant emails.  And here's the stupid part: she's a BC survivor!  Is she so naive that she thinks these emails will "save" me?  Did she forget I had a double mastectomy and 6 months of chemo?

But it goes beyond the emails with her:  she never came to the hospital after my surgery, never came to the house, never volunteered to help me during chemo (she only lives 20 minutes away)...I had total strangers bringing me food, but she never did anything.  Stupid b@#%h!  Sorry.  And she wonders why I can't hardly stand the sight of her now.

(I also follow Insomniacs but fear the typing would disturb the hubby while he's sleeping, and I at least like to be in the bed with him even though I'm wide awake until 2am...)

• thegood5

welcome to the hen house burley!  feel free to cackle away!

• [Deleted User]

• [Deleted User]

Welcome Burley to the place where we can always put a smile on your face. 

• [Deleted User]

Here's a good one for you Burley!

• [Deleted User]

And you think you have MIL problems.......

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923

Here you go Mods (Judith)

• janet in virginia

And for Burley... 

• janet in virginia

All you new hens - just pick out any unassigned perch

• [Deleted User]
  • burley
    burley Member Posts: 248

I guess I'm going to learn how to post pictures!  Any hints?  I don't even have an avatar and I've been on here since January of last year...

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

Burley..depending on which browser you are using you should be able to just copy a pic from the internet and past it in the box here. For me, Firefox won't work so I use Internet Explorer to post pics. For your avatar just go to your Edit Profile and browse for a pic off your computer to add as your avatar.

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

(((veggy))) So sorry you have to deal with such a difficult decision...

• [Deleted User]
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Morning all from  the downunder hen house. The Aussie chooks won't be up yet but it is all go here, well I am drinking my tea.

This is me as hen - short and stocky.                    Or maybe this one.

We had hens when I was a child and I just loved my bantams and we had a lot of Rhode Island Reds. 

Anyway, Burley, I know how you feel about emails. I am so tired of angels, candles, red hats, purple hats and of course the crazy food ones. Are people really so stupid that they think they will cure cancer, grrrrr.

My MiL is very self centred as well but I put that down to old age. She only thinks of herself. OK she does worry, not about things that have happened but about what might happen. I can't remember the time she asked how I was.

To lighten things a bit found this the other day.

Indian bitter melon, popularly known as ‘karela' in India, the extract from this common vegetable in India deters the growth of breast cancer cells.Evidently it tastes as bad as it looks but it is the cure.

Must get the washing out.

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Veggy...I am so sorry.  A year ago when we had to make a similar decision I looked up famous quotes on pet loss on the internet...I had some really good "cleansing" tears and will remember some of them for the rest of my life...

Big hug...

• [Deleted User]
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Veggy, so sorry about your puppy.

Yes something was strange,didn't see all of the posts. Thought it was too much asparagus. I tried to post and everything disappeared weird.

• [Deleted User]

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333

OMG...over 10 pages of posts to catch up on (and several rolls of Bounty), finally, I am caught up...whew!

Emily...excellent job on the recipe - I couldn't read this thread - computer issues and 3 days of prep for the wonderful colonoscopy - it didn't cure anything but there was no way I had enough Bounty on hand to be able to laugh so hard and I wasn't taking the laptop to the bathroom with me.

So, I went in as a patient...was found out right away and shipped me over to the hospital the next morning for the procedure - they proceeded to knock me out - there may be something going on at the clinic...I think our Cancer Cure Guy is a poser - he infiltrates local clinics as a tech and wears scrubs and a mask.  He sure is a master of disguise...

Janet...excellent threat level - looks pretty green today...cluck, cluck hooray...its happy asparagus day!

Seeing the onc tomorrow for the Big Reveal...and I may be getting my walking papers - work may have to stop - advantage?  I can now be a full time operative and get the RV rigged up properly for destinations unknown.  Get her all outfitted with the top of the line equipment and Mother Cluckers International will claim the rights to exposing the Cancer Cure Guy for the stoopid clucker he is - and put an end to the promises of a cure - we got the real one...accept no imitations - the Clucker Cure (Emily's recipe) is the only one this Hen House believes in...Long Live the Cluck!

Low Rider - back in the saddle and ready to ride!  Pony up those peeps and tin foils hats, fellow Hens and lets find that Easter Bunny!  ah, *cough* I mean, Cancer Cure Guy!  Darn, musta flushed a few brain cells out with the prep...