Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890

Alyson what great news-------------------yeah -fireworks!!!!!!!!!!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483

Nope, no one on the insomniacs thread is banned, or blocked for talking about sex or mushrooms or even chicken! The tech team has been alerted, and when we hear there's a solution, we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience while we get this checked!

Judith and the BCO mods

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...garlic bread...can I throw that into the "Cure Recipe" pot? Or just have it on the side WITH the  cure..? Oh..I forgot..it was pointed out earlier in this thread that bread causes insanity..oh well..I'll risk it...

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

but GARLIC bread is good cause it has GARLIC in it! lol!!!!

make sure the garlic rests before applying it to the whole stick of butter, let is swim in warm butter bath for 15 minutes, then spread the good deliciousness on french bread---yummmm!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Do you know about 'crazy bread'. In medieval times, before the harvest the wheat often went mouldy but they had to use it 'cause there was nothing else. The mould contained ergot and when the bread was eaten it made people really happy. Who says history is boring?

• hdangelbaby

that's a really cool fun fact!!!

• Cyborg
    Cyborg Member Posts: 192

I was getting my hair done/cut before my chemo starts and I was telling my hairdresser that I was going in for chemo for my BC and his assistant asked me, "How did you get it?" I really didn't k ow what to say other than say, "I don't know... Anyone can get it." Durrrrrr.

Girls, there is always more.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890

Yes the history of food ----------history of alcohol--------history of mind altering substansis(sis).

we should be more well versed maybe there is something better than asparagus that is also legal

Ergot--------------hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• sandyaust
    sandyaust Member Posts: 82

Low and Fuzzy.  In a Constitutional Monarchy, the Queen is a figurehead only.  She gets to sit around smiling and waving.  The popularly elected officials (i.e. you guys) get to do all the work and I just rubber stamp (or is that rubber chicken?) your decisions.

However if anyone in my family dies or gets married you all have to turn up and look like you give a cluck.  Oh yes, and its a public holiday on my birthday.

On the subject of rubber chickens, a local radio station asked people to ring up and say what their parents used to do when they misbehaved as kids. This one lady rang up and said her mother used  to belt her and her siblings with a rubber chicken. Clucking hilarious.

I was excited to see the moderators on our thread, but a little concerned for their safety. Does anyone know if they were wearing their rubber boots and tin hats??

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I need a tinfoil nat. It might help my head. Our friends 'The Boys' came over for pizza and we drank a lot of wine. Celebrated anything we could think off. Like the end of term and the fact my scan results showed adhesions. i can't drink much wine at any time so three glasses means i am having trouble typing. think it might be an early night heresome how.

I coulsd be your Keeper of the Win, Sandy  and organise the Loyal Toast ( which I am having trouble spelling) Actually I want to be an undercover agent- subversion is my game.

Have fun chooks Cluck, Cluck Cluck.

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284
    Yay! For rubber chickens! Pictures, Images and Photos this one's for you Sandy.  Perhaps you can give it to the guards at your castle, check with Meece to make sure it's a weapon she would like to use to keep the penguins at bay.
  • thegood5
    chicken nuggets Pictures, Images and Photos 
  • janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

Lowrider:  Welcome back, Bagawk!!!

She's back! 
    She's back in the saddle again 
    She's back! 

ridin' into town alone by the light of the moon 
    She's lookin' for old Cure Guy, at the crazy horse saloon
    barkeep gave her a drink, that's when he caught her eye 
    he  turned to give her a wink, that'd make a chicken cry 

She's  back in the saddle again 
    She's back! 
    She's back in the saddle again 
    She's back!

come easy, go easy, all right until the rising sun 
    She's calling all the shots tonight, She's like a loaded gun
    peelin' off her boots and chaps, She's saddle sore
    four bits gets you time in the racks, She screams for more
    fools' gold out of their minds, the chicks are cluckin' wet
    no barn's drier than mine, she'll call when she gets back! 

She's back! 
    She's ridin', she's loadin' up her pistol 
    She's ridin', she really got a fistful 
    She's ridin', she's shinin' up her saddle 
    She's ridin', this snake is gonna rattle 
    She's back! 
    She's back!
    ridin' high!
    ridin' high!
    ridin' high! already!

• thegood5

Janet that is HYSTERICAL!!!

• hdangelbaby

I love the choking hazard at the bottom of the chucking chicken toy!!!!!

• janet in virginia

Head of henland security here.  We need one of those Chucking Chickens at each window in hen house as first line of defense.

MBJ - do we have choir practice tonight with that song? 

• EmilyInOntario

And the nice thing about singing in the choir...is that if we forget the words we can just "cluck" and nobody will think it's unusual..*L*

• EmilyInOntario

I'd like one of those Chicken Chuckers...but how big are those chickens? Could someone really choke on the chicken?

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

Emily: you said choke ON the chicken, right?  Not choke THE chicken...cause that's for the roosters!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
  • [Deleted User]

Whatcha lookin at?????

http://s5.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/BE06DF6A.jpg

• [Deleted User]

Alectoromancy Definition

Divination by the observation of a rooster eating corn scattered on letters; crowing, etc.

In Africa, a black hen or a gamecock is used. An African diviner sprinkles grain on the ground and when the bird has finished eating, the seer interprets the designs or patterns left on the ground.

This type of divination has been attributed to the famous philosopher Iamblichus, who died about the year 330 A.D., after restoring various mystic rites dating back to the times of the ancient oracles.

His followers did quite well until Valens became roman emperor of the East and began a campaign to stamp out oracles, soothsayers, astrologers, and even philosophers, since their tendency was to favor those practitioners of the mystic arts.

The Roman mystics traced a large circle on the ground and divided it into sections bearing the letters of the Greek alphabet. Grains of wheat were sprinkled on the letters and a white rooster was placed in the center of the mystic circle.

From then on, the sponsoring seer, or seers, watched while the inspired fowl moved from one letter to another, spelling out a message as it pecked at the grains. That message was interpreted as the answer to the question mutually chosen by the observing seers.

• [Deleted User]

The Modern Hen House

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

mindovermatter:  I cluckin thing you may be a bit beaked, but I cluckin love it!

• [Deleted User]

Alyson, directions for a tinfoil hat:

• thegood5
    Boneless Chicken Ranch Pictures, Images and Photos
  • [Deleted User]
  • janet in virginia

WTC???

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605
    Who likes to knit???  You could make a fortune selling these hats!