Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

She's pregnant too!  When you're royalty, I guess your ankles don't swell!

• thenewme
    thenewme Member Posts: 174

Here, SandyAust!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I just read that they are using English Asparagus at the royal wedding. I wonder if that will you give you a proper buzz?

• thenewme

Oh Lago,

No stilettos for me .... I'm more of a practical sorta clucker.

• veggy

johnwest279 just sent me the cure for cancer.

How do I inform the moderators?

• thenewme

.....and nothing at all to do with chickens or cures or anything else, but OMG I want these shoes!!!!!!

• thenewme

Wait - I take it back!  I found the PERFECT shoes to complement my gown!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

thenewme after what Taxotere did to my toenails I could really use a pair of those right now. It's summer and I can't wear sandals.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ez9UzAGPSPU/RiylptX0ybI/AAAAAAAAAC4/-SF_0LUfwB4/s400/sick-shoes-2.jpg

• thenewme

Lago,

Oh, I know what you mean about taxo-toes!  How about these to hide the damage AND do double-duty?   Or do you think they'd cancel out the tinfoil hat effect?

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333

Well, you could forget the tin hat on the head and do a headstand with the foil feet in the air - seem to remember something about the tin needs to be the highest point...*pass*

• thenewme

Haha, Lowrider, but why take any chances?!   How about covering all your bases?  Plus - per the article, you can whip this dress up in only 60 minutes - how's that for last minute wardrobing?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Royalty!!  Posh is not royalty just a common footballer's wife. But there were asparagus tarts on the menu.

Pass the asparagus please I need a puff.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

elisasmith693 has sent me a PM re: "this could save your life"---how do I report this to moderators?  I didn't open it so it's still showing as unread (for forensic purposes!)

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431

hey....me too - from the same idiot.

• Angelice
    Angelice Member Posts: 1,116

i second that  from  the same idiot :)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

keep spam closed-, but send a message to mods for tech . help other outsidesites you can forward spam witjout opening it. The techs need to get moving on this. All or many threads are getting being attacked. We need more aggressive action

meece are you in shape to raise hen house alert status?

real time alert my avg just blocked a virus access to my computer. Until proven otherwise it's thes spammers

I"m going to C&P this to the mods

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483

Hi ladies! All the current elisasmith variations have been banned. Thanks for letting us know when they send their messages, and apologies that they continue to be able to!

Judith and the BCO team

• sas-schatzi

Sheila, they gained access to BCO members' PMs the same way everyone on the site does, by registering a name (all those smith, jones, ctreatment and johnson variations). Then they go to boards where they think they might find folks interested in what they're selling, and send PMs to those ladies.

Fortunately members have been great about letting us know when they receive messages, so we can stop each name as it shows up. Meanwhile, the tech team is working on how to stop spam PMs without affecting "real" members' ability to communicate privately.

Judith and the BCO team

April 30th-------Edit this was aprevious message sent from mods-------------------I just asked that they give us a hyperlink to send thes messages to--------------Of course we could find our own hyperlink-----we should google and see if there is a hyperlink to hell

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483

Gosh, a quote from one of my PMs!

And to quote something else we've all said about these spammy folks, just go ahead and delete their messages. We know what their messages say, and deal with them as they reappear while the tech wizards work on a broader solution. These PMs live only on the BCO site, not on individual members' computers. 

We're adding new names to the thread you'll find here, and are happy to hear about them in PMs too.

Judith and the BCO team

• sas-schatzi

well I just googled ---where to send spammers, and how to send spammers to hell. There is ways to check the ISP and IP address. So I don't get why the techs/geeks haven't got this fixed. If we all start doing our own thing to get rid of them it could be okay at first , but instinsts say it could lead to a disaster. Who knows what these spammers are doing to our computers.

I suggest we forward unopened all spammer PM's  to they can ban them all they want. It is not a fix. they will just keep spamming. , but it's off my computer and onto there's. To expensive to allow a virus. Mods you are monitoring -------answer asap . otherwise I'm going to start c&p this to other sites-------sas

• sas-schatzi

well Jude I tried forward , but not sure where I sent it????????. _______sorry--------spammer hell would have been perfect

• sas-schatzi

MOD JUDITHI personally prefer Hey Jude, but I digress. I think a blanket MOD statement should be sent to all threads as to what you want us to do? Some poor BCo innocent might think it's real.

• GirlFriday

sas: The spammers sign up for BCO like you did.  The PM's are not "housed" on your computer, they live on the BCO servers...so you are not at risk to catch anything from the spammers.  As to a poor innocent being taken advantage of...that's just the risks anyone takes when being part of the cyber world. I think the mod's are doing what they can, but I could start sending out spam pm's now, and it would take them a bit to get me until someone complained. Just breathe easy...as moderators go, this is a huge site to police,I think they do a pretty stellar job.

• sas-schatzi

GF -I agree the mods are great-----and I have been in contact with them from the beginning on this spammer thing---------but today was the first time my AVG gave me a virus alert while on here. It's the first time ever I got and AVG virus alert. Thats why I reacted the way I did.  The Mods do a great job------I'm particularily fond of Judith because she takes care of us on the insomnia thread. It's now late since I have been up so long.

SINCE no sleep going to miss a tea party this afternoon--------sucks

• GirlFriday

sas:  Sorry about your insomnia...I can relate.  Did you have any other sites open to spark the AVG alert?  Also, make sure it wasn't just awarning about cookis or something.

Sorry about the tea party too...I hope you can get some rest, feel refreshed, and go anyway!

• veggy

This cancer cure that has been showing up on BCO is also on other cancer sites. Its also oncancercompass.com . They are going by the name elisasmith637. Whoever is doing this is spamming everyone not just the hen house.

• sas-schatzi

Well I am going to the Tea party. Might be a mistake because of no sleep, but it's with Greg's girlfriends and I love them so. A risk in driving , but it's close and I'll go slow. PrAy for me.--seriously.

• sas-schatzi

Gf I did go to the tea party. Sleep can just take a hike. I'm tired of living my life arounf it or rather NOT living my life arounf it.  That avg alert was the first and I have had this computer4 years. So, that's why it spooked me.  Off to church, which I haven't done in weeks because of insomnia.i.e. waiting to crash. Well I got at least a couple good hours in me.  Thanks

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

YAY for the moderators!!  We love you!  Thanks for saving us all!

Puffing, passing......out!

• sas-schatzi

Makraz --did it sound like I was really being bitchy to Judith amd Mods-------SORRY MODS. you know I love you judith-------too many times it's just been you and me in the middle of the night and the chickens of course.....cluck------wish I could puff and pass