Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

For Older People with Sense

Options

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Ooops, my bad, sorry LindaKR I got busy posting and I forgot to welcome you.  ok so.........Welcome LindaKR hope you kick your shoes of and sit a spell.  Love meeting new people.

Mazy, I used to have a huge veg garden every summer and grew so many 'maters that I could make home made tomato soup, home made tomato sauce, home made tomato pickle loads of fried tomatoes and just as many fresh.......you getting the idea that I loooooove them 'maters.....lol.  I also had peppers, zuccini, strawberries, herbs, egg plant and about five different types of lettuce, beans and pumpkin.  By the end of summer I had enough produce frozen and preserved that I barely needed to buy fruit and veg come winter.........ah, them were the days..........Unfortunately, we moved house and I had to leave all that space and good garden behind.........and about that time I was Dx'd with the mets so I haven't had the energy to start all over again but I have a couple of very good friends who share their garden produce with me.......ooooo I am soooo lucky.

3jays, hope you feel better soon babe, make sure you stay hydrated!  (((((hugs))))))

Marybe, from what I've seen you do not need WW!

Yup owning up here Amyjo.......but I just followed someone else.....can't remember who......but does it matter....we had fun......didn't we?

To all the girls that hurt....((((((hugs)))))))  to all the girls that fear.....(((((hugs))))) to all the girls who just are feeling down......((((((hugs)))))..........oh dang it!!   ((((((((Hugs))))))) for everyone!   

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

3jays...the gypsy wedding is mid-May. Already got half an outfit !!

Isabella.

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468
    Options
    SoCalLisa  thinking of you today and hope you get good results.
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Lisa, WHY are they scanning your liver????

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394
    Options

What a great group!Smile  Welcome to the new members! (Like Marybe, I loved Ireland when we visited, but unlike Marybe I loved driving there and when we got home I immediately drove on the wrong side of the road! Oops!)

Chrissy thanks for the tip to add vinegar to the soapy water for aphids.  We are breaking out the garden gear after a big winter. Aphids are always an issue here. Thanks again for starting the thread.

Lisa, and Amyjo, I'll be sending good thoughts your way for clear scans and good news.

3jays, I hope you're feeling better.  SV, you too!

Today I'm going to work outside in the sunshine, and begin to rake and burn leaves & debris from the winter storms.  

Best to all. 

• cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 13
    Options

When my onc told me I was young, I about fell out of the chair. I believe I do belong in the older people with nonsense. Oops read that wrong maybe I'm posting to the wrong thread. I don't know so much aboout the sense part, but the age part I truly qualify. What a great idea Crissy, I had a tendency to read more than post on some of the other threads.

Hope to continue the friendships here for many years to come.

Peace and Love,

Edie

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,017
    Options

Lisa,

Hope scan showed nothing!  nada!  Zilch!  But also wonder why you were having liver scanned?

I don't get online often enough to keep up with this thread, but read a few of the last pages, and see Leah is IV - just wanted to send a special good wishes hug to you!  I "met" you, even tho I'm not IV when I was reading/posting a few times with Robin Wendy.  We found out we had the same doc at DF.  I still miss her fighting spirit SO MUCH. Found out at highschool reunion, that I now have several friends living in Israel now too.  Really hope you are posting for decades more - and stay in good health.

I did have a Birthday, Birthday ( 66 years young) yesterday, so I stuck my finger in AmyJo's cake!  YUMMY!!!!   Hope everybody is well, and those of us in the Northeast soon get SPRING!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Welcome all those newbies its wonderful to see new names and names we know from other threads. Happy birthday Caerus, lots of March birthdays.

Lisa I do hope that scan goes well sending big hugs. (((((Lisa)))))

3jays, I need your bus from another thread. Have to have a family conference about MiL who drove through a stop sign and collided with another car, well it hit her. So we have to work out what happens now as she is getting frail etc. I don't need the bus for her but for my SiL who does see why I should be there as I am not family. I have been married to DH for almost 39 years!!!!!

This morning in our paper there were coloured pictures of blossom in Washington DC, spring has arrived in some places though I must admit the people looked cold.

DD is home with DGS. They arrived at playgroup yesterday morning and Samuel slept despite all the noise and being passed arround. Things have changed since I had my children. I remember being chastised by a stranger because I had my 3 week old out for a walk!!

It is a beautiful spring morning here, will try to get some photos but can't do as well as Lisa.

Hope you have all had a great day.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Caerus, thank you so much for your good wishes. A traditional Jewish blessing is "You should live to 120" so I'm halfway there.

I had the pleasure of meeting Robin Wendy when she visited Israel with her DH last summer. She told me the visit was a "bucket list" thing so I'm delighted that she was able to do it. I miss her so much now.

Alyson, if you got only one stranger telling you what to do with your baby then you got off easy. Here in Israel we're a country of Jewish mothers so EVERYONE tells you what to do. And Jewish mothers here can be male. Put a hat on the baby, take the sweater off the baby, put the sweater on the baby, why such a warm hat when you need a sunhat, why a sunhat it's not warm enough. And, of course, every time the baby cried everyone asked me where the pacifier was. I can't stand those things, my way of mothering was NEVER to use them but it seems like everyone does here. At least for that I had the ultimate shut-them-up answer. I would say, "Oh, I would NEVER use one, they're so dirty".

But I will restrain myself from giving my own Jewish mother advice on the baby (who probably loved all the cuddles as he was passed around) and just tell you to enjoy him.

Leah

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

the rad doc told me my liver is holding..I have cirrhosis from the miasma of

chemo/tamox.I had ten years ago now..it will never get better, the hope is

to have it remain stable..or else...

I saw these today...trying to see the bright side of things..

• jelson
    jelson Member Posts: 622
    Options

SoCalLisa-

You have an eye for the bright and beautiful side of things. I hope it serves you well and I thank you for sharing your magnificent photos with us.

Julie E

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Wowza!!!Georgeous colour Lisa and crap on the chemo-induced liver issues!! The gift that keeps on giving, eh?

• suzie14
    suzie14 Member Posts: 208
    Options

Lisa...so glad your liver is "stable".  OMG those flowers are totally beyond awesome, what kind are the bluish purple ones? Do you think they would grow in Wisconsin?  I want some!!

Welcome all new ladies and thank you for being you and hanging in there with this beast , don't throw in the towel.

SV...cute little guy at your feeder.

Love to all of you....gentle hugs......

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325
    Options

Lisa, glad no further liver involvement.  Sounds like you've been through enough.  Welcome to Linda kR and BernieEllen.  Went to Ireland in 2007 and would do anything to go back.  It feels very much like home.  Linda, feel free to ask anything you're not sure of. 

A good day and found out my path report was negative.  My left implant is swollen and tender and sort of bruised so I look like somebody socked me in the chest.  No pain though so I'm lucky.  Longing for spring--plum trees are starting to bloom so it won't be long!  XOXO Dragon 

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325
    Options

Leah, I love your description of the Jewish mother!  I had that exact same mother, but the Irish Catholic version!  That baby could never seem to get to the correct temperature.  Seriously, it's truly beautiful to find so many caring so lovingly for the little ones.  A mom needs all the help she can get! Dragon

• suzie14
    suzie14 Member Posts: 208
    Options
    dragon....what good news but why is every thing so swollen and tender?  A super gentle hug to you!!
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

(((LISA))) so glad about your liver and beautiful flowers as usual. SV-great shot.

Leah, I know the Jewish mother thing, my DH is Jewish and he mothers me. And I am blessed.

(((Dragon))) so glad it was negative. Hugs!

Caerus -HAPPY BDAY!!!!

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

I LOVE this thread!  Thanks again, Chrissyb--this is really working well, and such a response! 

I took the night off last night and surprised myself by going to bed at 9:30 and sleeping all night, and I'm a night owl, too.  Today DH and I went to Trader Joe's for the first time and we liked it very much. It won't be a frequent trip since it's a good way from here, but next time we'll know to take a cooler!  Got some chicken and fish, vegetables, a big bar of dark chocolate (very healthy, I think!), and of course, 2 bottles of wine.

Lisa, so glad your liver had no changes!  Holding is good.  And that picture is simply the most beautiful one you've posted, which everyone knows is saying A LOT.  

3jays, you have my complete sympathy with the stomach bug.  DH and I had it over the weekend and I've never been so grateful for 2 bathrooms in my life.  

Dragon, great news on your path report!  Alyson, glad DGS Samuel is home, and happy belated BD Caerus!

Leah, love your Jewish mother story.  Reminds me of my 2 maiden aunts who, when we'd take our babies to their house would have the house temperature at least 90 degrees because they were afraid the baby would get cold.  

SV, glad you got out a little bit today and are getting better.  Love the little bird pic--I've never seen one of those.

Welcome Linda KR and Bernie Ellen! You'll like it here, so post often!

Kathy

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Thanks everybody, sure is nice to have backup in your corner...

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

welcome to everyone new.. LindaKR, and Cookie97< and Bernie Ellen. i gotta switch computers to get the bus rolling. my windows internet is gone on this computer. hope the computer Gods get me a new one, soon. im just selfish! i got a laptop for christmas, so ill fire it up.. then, you can have the bus ya needed.!!     3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    here ya go ladies,, anyone need to throw anyone under the bus? i nominate Isabellas' dr. for one.. svs' dr. for another.. 3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    sorry, couldn't resist... lol
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Thanks 3jays I need it for my SiL.

Sometimes I think I need a corner of my own. Shouldn't complain but my sisiter lives with us because she is destitute (long story) and I just want my house to myself. I am sure DH would love to use the bus for her at times I know I would. Its not her, its her family, they make Days of Our Lives look like a Sunday School picnic. Sorry to rant when its not even about BC. Just causes me stress.

To Leah loved the Jewish mother story -I had lots of the older women at church giving advice about babies especially those without children -  and you know how hard it is not to give your opinion about child rearing. DD does really well and is happy for GD to come here so I must be alright.

Must start to think about dinner, not sure what we will have yet.

• 3jaysmom
    Options

glad to be of help  Alyson. its' ALL about bc.. cause we're suppossed to stay stress free HAH! i found another that fits here, with the 3 jays i kike, i think you will too...

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    hope you liked it enough to see it 2 xs'!!loli did..
  • Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    Options

Leah LOL not quite that easy but my garden smells like mexican food LOL

Barb, you'd think they could ship in some good maters. I really dont like em near as well if not home grown.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Welcome to all you new ladies, hope you will grab a cup of tea, coffee, or your favorite drink and stay awhile.  

Lisa - gald the scan showed no changes and that things are stable with the liver.  I am supposed to get a liver scan in April or May to see how the liver mets are doing.  Hoping and expecting for there to be no change or even a shrinkage to some of the lesions.  So happy about your good news.

3jay - love the bus and the small corner.  

Alyson - any topic that affects our lives is open for comment here.  We all have families with their own individual issues. ;-)

Well I need to get to bed.  Hope everyone has a restful night and a joyous day. 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Amyjo, how did your doc visit go?  Is all okay?

Just read on the other thread that all things are good for you.....yay!!!!!  Happy Dance happening here!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

SV you are a bad girl, you're supposed to be taking it easy and not be out and about looking in fox dens but it's hard to keep a good woman down. Lisa so glad your liver results are stable and as always your photography is stunning. Chrissy thanks for the tip for the aphids, it will be the weekend before I get to them as I leave for work at 8.30am and go to the gym after work and I'm usually exhausted by the time I get in and have to make dinner. Dragon congrats on the path report and plum blossoms equals plums yummm.  3jays good to see the bus and yup let's throw Isabellas doc under it.

• Trisha-Anne
    Trisha-Anne Member Posts: 1,661
    Options

Hello all - another Aussie joining this group - Hey Chrissy, how are you?  I've been a bit busy lately with coming back to work full time.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.  I live on a beautiful piece of land 45 minutes south of Australia's capital city, Canberra.  It's just so peaceful and has been a great place to recuperate from surgeries and chemo.

Finished all my chemo now - just doing Herceptin for 12 months and Arimidex for 5 years.  So far I've been very lucky and had very few side effects from either of them.  Just a bit of stiffness.  Keeping my fingers crossed that all se's will stay away.  I had a pretty bad time with chemo - so now enjoying getting my life back. :-)

Trish