Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Thank you again all for your love and prayers.  Without I would have been a complete basket case this past week.  I also had lots of support from people at the center too.  A couple of times a few of them even spontaneously formed small prayer circles to pray for me. 

• chabba

3jays,  you are in my prayers. I pray not just for your health but for the healing of your family and streangth for Mur.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Chabba, that's wonderful news! Doin' the Happy Dance!

3jays, I hope you can get to the bottom of this infection/sick thing and get help that will get you feeling better. Then you'll only have to deal with MS and LE. Yeah, some relief. Sigh. I really do hope you're feeling better soon even though you have so much that's chronic to deal with.

Leah

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Great news Chabba.

3Jays hope things get better real soon.

We are having a lazy morning and not going to church because we were up very late watching the election results. It was our parliamentary  election yesterday and as DH has always been very interested we watched until all the results were in. The government hasn't changed so we still have the same PM leading a National government but ir was an interesting results with the Greeen party getting over 10% of the party vote - we have an MMP voting system.

Will have to see the doc next week because I have a 'frozen' shoulder - its so painful as well. And like a lot of folk in this part of the world in a couple of weekes I am having several skin cancers removed. Not looking forward to the ones on mt toes being cut out so I am trying to get things sorted for Christmas before then.

DD is about to arrive with coffe and she will berate Dh about the elections. She has very strong opinions.

Hope you didn't spend too much on Black Friday.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Awe 3jays, I hate to hear that you are struggling.......still!   I sure hope you can get a handle on this infection and get some relief soon,  I'm pleased to hear that Jared was able to spend TG with you and Mur.

Alyson, I can sympathise re your shoulder and there is nothing worse.  I think we forget sometimes just how much we use our arms until we can nolonger use them with ease.  Hope it gets sorted soon.

Lazy day for me today, had a friend come up from the city to spend the weekend with us.  It was his wife Joan who refused any treatement when she was dx'd with BC in 2004 and he pops in every now and then.  He says he always recharges when he is with us.  So, at the moment he is with my DH down in the shop and I'm here chatting to you lot.....lol.   Have a great weekend all!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Wonderful news, chabba!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    thanks gals.. i guress this is just the way it will be for awhie... Allyson: im so sorry about your shoulder. ive heard they're painful, but PT does help..... didn't go to black friday, am glad i missed it this year.. riots broke out in my town!!!...........3jays
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Great news, Chabba.

3Jays, I so hope te stupid doctors can get to the bottom of this. I hate that you are so sick still. Praying for you.

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

((3Jays))

Happy belated birthday SoCal Lisa!  Many many more!!

Not much news from this neck of the woods.  Great get-together at DH's cousin's house on Friday -- 29 for a sit down dinner-- all the noise and good cheer of a large, welcoming, inclusive family (not like mine at all Undecided....) It was 5 generations of great fun...  

Today is our anniv., but I think we'll wait to celebrate until good music comes around again -- we missed out on a good show this next Tuesday -- it was sold out by the time we got around to buying tickets, and rather than go out to eat & a movie (it's 30 miles to anywhere), we think we'll rent a movie & just hang out here & fix our own meal.  

I've been playing in my sewing nook, ordered a few patterns, organized & fiddled & fussed and am about ready to make something -- but can't decide what.  I'll probably decorate the house today instead.  No tree yet though -- it's on the town list... The ones growing in our woods are just too flimsy for ornaments, but I'll cut a bunch of boughs for greenery and swags... Still have to complete some shopping and get a flock of packages ready to mail -- that part gets more and more tedious every year.  

Here's hope for health and healing to all, all-ways.

• 3jaysmom

LC: i hope you enjopy your  anniversary, however you chose to celebrate. congratulations..!!!3jays

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

It is a beautiful day here...78 and sunny...

lots of flowers around to enjoy

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Chabba, good news for you!  So glad! 

And 3jays, I hope the antib's will knock this thing out.  So sorry you feel so bad--praying for you.  I got out for a while on Black Friday afternoon when it wasn't so crowded but I've never been one to get out before the crack of dawn!  No riots here, but some guy got tasered at our mall, and I heard that a gal thought pepper spray at Walmart would get her to the front of the line.  Honestly, the stupidity of some people!

Alyson, I sympathize with you re your shoulder and hope it improves soon.  Fortunately I've not had such problems but my father did and I saw the pain he was in.  

Where's Amyjo?  Anybody hear?

Please be thinking good thoughts for me, as I have a mammo tomorrow.  Pins and needles, big time.

And L_C, happy, happy anniversary to you and your DH!!!!

Kathy

Kathy

• chabba

Kathy I will be thinking good thoughts for you and holding you in my heart.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

yes, where is AmyJo? Hello AmyJo!

Lost Creek, and anyone who might know, would you please share how you make swags and such with greenery. I was too sick to consider getting any on the house last year, which was my first year ever living surroiunded by all this greenery. I  don't know the species of trees but there are many and some are amazingly tall. We do have some large leaf maple but most are conifers of some sort.

Whoever built this house did a great job landscaping it and we get the benefit of their planning. In the spring we have rhododendrums and azalea all around the house andaround various plantings of the trees or where they were preserved in place. Late summer we have more blackberries than I can count. My puppy learned his heavy fur would protect him and he took to picking his own blackberries. I grew up in Chicago where my backyard was blacktopped by the time I was 16 and I have memories of the lilacs and peopnies that were there before.  We did nt have a window that looked out on the yard. I feel like some sort of princess when I can sit in bed here and look out at the trees that look just like they have been hung with garland just because of the way their branches grow.  I am getting all mushy but it is so beautiful here. 

Christmas is coming.

GInger

• chrissyb

Hi girls, yes I was wondering about Amyjo myself so I mailed her the other day and got an answer back.  She says she's been spending heaps of time in her sewing room getting to know her new machine so hasn't been on the boards.  She is feeling fine just the same ol same ol as far as health goes.  Yes I hear the sighs of relief from here....lol......I did the same when I heard from her.....lol.

Had my visit with the doc this afternoon, infact I've only been home for about half an hour.  We are trying something new to try and alleviate the pain I have from the osteo arthritis and he gave me a referal to see the ortho surgeon to talk about having at least one of the jolly things (knees) replaced.  In the mean time, we are trying Vit K but injection.  He gave me the first one today and it may take a couple of days before I feel effects but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works as it will mean I can cut back or totally cut out the pain meds.....Yahooo!   Keep your fingers crossed that it works and I'll keep you all informed if it works.

Managed to finally find a cat door for my security door so tomorrow I'm going to have a go at installing it.  Wish me luck!

Love n hugs all.  Chrissy

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Thanks Chrissy for the update.

Hugs Ginger

• barbaraa

Kathy, prayers going up, gal.

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Hi, ladies. I just found this thread when it popped up as having the most recent activity. Chrissy, a much-belated thank-you for starting this one, another one for us no-longer-30's-or-40's gals.

I'm sitting here in shorts and a T-shirt, listening to the rhythmic waves of the Atlantic, watching the dancing fronds of the palm trees and sensing the warmth of the sun as it rises to my east. It's a gorgeous morning in the Bahamas.

It's also my last day here before heading back to the reality of BC, with a CT scan and bone scan on Friday and a meeting with my MO on Monday, to get the results of those tests and the Oncotype test.

With whatever comes next, I'll try to remember this beautiful moment. 

• chrissyb

Wave, welcome to this thread, nice to see you.  You sound like you are in the most idilic place and your word picture is just fab...........I envy you....lol.   What a shame you have to return to the mundane but hope the scans etc all go well for you and you get a very low onco score..............keeping the fingers crossed for you!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101

WaveWisperer:  Thanks for sharing that thought with us!  It's all about the moments!  Good luck with your tests!

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

WaveWhisperer,

Glad you found us but sorry you had to.  Anything you need in the way of advice is probably available here as there are so many different experiences represented!  Glad you could do a little traveling before your treatment began.

Dragon (Lynda) 

• QCA

Welcome, WaveWhisperer.  This is a good place to be if you have to, that is, and you'll get a lot of support from us all.

I find myself in need of some support tonight, gals.  I had the mammo today and they found some "minute" calcifications in the cancer breast.  Radiologist said they were about the size of a very small nail.  I'm to go to Charlotte a week from today for a stereotactic  biopsy.   I know what that is, but so far haven't been able to do any research of calcifications at all.  (Keeping GS all night tonight as DS is working in Asheville and DIL has a sudden onset ovarian cyst and is taking vicodin. Everything always happens at once, you know, and I feel like I need to be 2 places at once, here and with DIL.)

Does anyone have experience with this?  Thanks, everybody.

Kathy

• chrissyb

Hey Kathy, (((((hugs)))))).  It's a real bummer when they find something that makes your mind automatically go to the beast.   All I can say is good luck with the biopsy and I hope all turns out well for you.  Enjoy the GS while you have him and I hope you DIL gets that cyst sorted soon....they are sooooo painful.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• QCA

Thanks, Chrissy.  You're right, the mind automatically goes to it, that's for sure.

Kathy, who is still trying to get GS to bed!  DH is holding him in his lap now.

• chrissyb

Lol Kathy....been there, done that!    Now I just tell them.......aged 16 and 14........go to bed and I always get the 'but I'm not tired yet!' the answer?  too bad, I am........lol

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Nice to see you here, Wave. I saw you on another thread - can't remember which one. Glad your trip has been beautiful. I'll be with you, if there is room as I'm sure other sisters will be as well, for your scans & will be keeping my fingers crossed that your Oncotype score is low. Please remember we are here for you. ((hug)) And please keep us updated.

Kathy, keeping good thoughts for a B9 result for your stereotactic biopsy.

Chrissy, thank you for the update on AmyJo. Glad to hear she is just plain busy, busy, busy!

I am getting things around to leave Thursday for a family Christmas with DD#2 and grandchildren. I'll miss everyone, but at the same time, it will be good to get my head away from things for a few days. I'll be back on Dec 6.

• chrissyb

Val, enjoy your time away with your DD2 and grands!  We look forward to seeing you when you get back.  Safe travels!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom

welcome,  Wave... Chrissy, glad you might have found something to help those knees!

saw your comment bout christmas.. 26 more days, i juust saw on the tv... youre right WHERE does the time go????

still in bed, not getting round much at all... seems this infection is comfortable where its at. it'll take a change in anti bs next week, or IV therapy, if he says... i seem to get some bacterial thing or another, this time of the year, every year...

thank godness, this doc doesn't believe in outting me in the hosp or on a picc line.. they'll do it w/ nurse, at home... fingers crossed, theres; alway clindomycin.. if i wasn't allergic to cipro, it'd be an easy fix... ah well....

Jay #2 stayed over till today for thanksgiving, it was wonderful! been over a year since i've had him here... it really perked me up!!! he's suppossed to be allowed to come for at least christmas day, and that will help with my xmas blues.......3jays

• barbaraa

Kathy, prayers going up.

3jays, how great you get to see your son for Christmas!

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101

Glad you're feeling better 3jays, and really glad you got to see your son.  That's always a positive for moms.  All the best with your treatment.  I'm allergic to cipro as well, in fact, that whole class of drugs that also includes levaquin.  I had a bad UTI and they finally gave me something else...bactrim I think it was.