Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

Kathy, lots of support from all of us., we understand..hugs

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY, FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T PASTE A PHOTO TONIGHT

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Thanks AmyJo, Dragon, and Lisa.  Everyone's posts are helping me to cope and you're all so kind and supportive to me, when so many of you have been through  much more than I have so far.  I still feel like a novice in many ways and would've been quite happy to remain one.  I know I'll feel better once I know and can take action.

Going to escape into a book for a while and hope I get sleepy!

Love to you all,

Kathy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

ow!I had some catching up to do... Chrissy, i sent you a card, Happy Birthday!!!!!!ck your email...

Glad to hear from you, amy jo; chrissy gave us an all clear on you, but im glad you got done what you needed to:

Isabella, Im so there with you, waiting with Fr. Christmas.. i did, today, as a matter of fact, with the grands.. it was a mess; but seeingFishs' glowing face was so woerth the ride!!!he wants ME to give him a dog for christmas "in case" santa forgets, he announced today.. i told him santa, or i, had to get his parents ok, and haven't not likely to, either... poor guy, he'll be putting that on "his list" for a long time, i'm afraid... id love to see that forest, though.. we have carivals at christmas, with just decorated trees, here....

Wave: the happy dance is being done here, in so. Fla for you... Barbe, waiting till friday.. I WANNA know what the %^&^ is on your neck, also... LC: i hope they find out what the pain is from; i'll be praying for some clear "seeings" when you see Dr.; and your nephews safety thru this last mission.... so glad he'll be home soon!!!!thise guys have been there for so long...

anyone i forgot, call it CRS, and know i care about you all..

i've been in bed, and since im going to try and increase the dose os tirosint, i will be for awhile.. THIS is the "new normal" for me....

since we won't be seeing the grands over the holiday, per their parents scheduale, this seemed like a good time to start and see if a larger dose will make me too sick, or i'll begin to respond.. i cqan concentrate on my health, physically, as my emotion health is never very good near the hlidays...lots to ponder, and pray about in my life right now...

i love to hear your stories, though.. i know some of you are enjoying the season!!!....3jays

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Kathy and Barbe, I'm praying for B9 results for both of you.

Leah

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101

Happy Birthday Chrissy!  Another year older always beats the alternative!

Hugs everyone, and praying for good test results for Kathy & Barbe. 

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Kathy, here's another hug from an understanding fellow patient. We'll be with you during your biopsy to give you strength. I find that knowing is a lot better than worrying, don't you?

I'm in waiting mode, too. I have my MO appointment today to get my Oncotype score, which will pretty much indicate whether or not I have to have chemo.... 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

((((Kathy, Barbe, L_C)))) Prayers going up for you. And also for you WaveWhisperer!

Happy BDAY Chrissy!! 

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Happy Birthday, Chrissy!!!! Every one after BC is a reason to celebrate!!!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Happy Birthday Sweetie!!! May you have many, many more that you can ENJOY!!

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903

Happy Birthday, Chrissy!  Thanks for sharing your peace with all of us.  Big love to you!

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

Happy Birthday Chrissy!!! Many many more!

((QCA & Barbe!!))  b9 thoughts your way!

• jazz3000
    jazz3000 Member Posts: 109

Giuliana was discussing her BC on Today. Wow. I love her honesty about the whole mess. She is not messing with the lumpectomy. Good decision. At least I think. Only they think it's all going to be over by Christmas. Uh OH...

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

Kathy, sending you a great big hug from me.....I hope your ordeal is over now, and maybe you have results ? I hope so, waiting is the pits.

Happy Birthday Chrissy, tho' by now, it's 7pm in UK, it'll probably be tomorrow !!

Isabella.

• barbe1958

Nope, it's still today Isabella, you made it in under the wire!

• QCA

And Happy Birthday Chrissy from me!

I'm home, ice packed and still totally numb, but I'm okay.  No results yet, but I should hear "Thursday if not before".  The emotional part was so much worse than the physical, as it usually is.  The radiologist and nurse could not have been kinder or better at putting me at ease.  The hardest thing was lying still for that long, not that I could have moved anyway since I was clamped down by the breast, but at least I was on my stomach.  If I'd been on my back I'd have needed my bi-pap machine for sure.  

DH has gone over to his sister's house to pick up GS. And DH has diaper changing all to himself for the rest of the week since I'm not supposed to lift anything over 5 lbs.  (At least that's a plus for me!)

Thanks to all of you for your support.  I kept thinking about you all last night and today, and your words, prayers, empathy, and concern mean more to me than I can ever say.  I couldn't have bertter sisters than I have here.  So now, we'll wait together, right Barbe?  I'm with you too.

Kathy

• barbe1958

Kathy, so glad you're home!! Pay attention to the lifting restrictions as you have interior stitches along with the taped exterior. Take this time to heal properly or you'll be dealing with scar tissue scares later on. Feet up! Crossword puzzle book in hand! TV on to a decorating station! Wowza!! Does it get any better than that???? OOOOOOOOhhhhh a nice cup of tea.....

• QCA

Thanks Barbe.  Yep, I think I definitely should handle it like that!  Maybe I should substitute a glass of wine for the tea, though....

Kathy

• barbaraa

With you on the wine Kathy. HUGS!!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

Kathy, so glad THATS over.. and now, to hear the results.. goo b9.. waiting to hear Barbe, is it this friday you'll hear??? wishing you all peace, and good cheer thru the holiday season.. they're in full swing, here in florida..

our tree is up, the outside is decorated.. my house looks like a war zone, we're (mur's) doing a yard sale sat. we deleted a slew of christmas decorations.. as soon as the boxes go away from in the liv. rm, i'll show ya a pic....3jays

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138

Happy Birthday Chrissy!!!!  (((HUGS)))  Darla

• Kaara

Glad you got through ok and are home Kathy...sending healing energy!

Got my pre op routine tests done yesterday.  New dr. I saw at Cleveland Clinic was a breath of fresh air..young, very knowledgeable, and a woman.  I am going to switch my PCP to her.  Their app't desk is a train wreck, but once inside the clinic, it is efficient, and all tests were completed and I was out of there by noon.

Good for you 3jays, getting the decorations all up.  my tree is up, but not decorated yet.  We went to the movies last night instead...saw "The Descendants"....good acting by George Clooney and the young daughter, but the plot was predictable.

Cleaning lady is coming today, so I have to clean up before she gets here:) 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Thank you so much girls for your wonderful birthday wishes!

I had a lovely day just bumming around the house and working on the room changes down stairs.  I had prepared our dinner on Saturday so all I had to do was put it in the oven and dish it up.....................ah!  easy dinner.  I had many phone calls through out the day so got to sit with a cup of tea and chat so there was much rest had as well.

I can proudly say, that as of this afternoon, the guest room is now set up, made up and cleaned up ready for whom ever would like to fill it.....lol.  The sewing room is also starting to take shape and I'm so looking forward to having somewhere to sew again!

Next Saturday will be a busy one as my DD2 has organised a gathering of extended familiy and friends at a small park in the city as a celebration of my birthday as well.  It will be lovely to catch up with everyone in the same place and I can guarantee that I will definitely have a sore jaw from all the wagging (chatting) it will be doing!

Kathy, I'm so please that you are home and now just waiting for the results.

Barbe hoping your results come through quickly as well.

Take care all.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Kaara

Have a wonderful time at your gathering Chrissy!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Happy Birthday Crissy .................have not posted in a while, but want you to know I do check in now and then......................You were a huge help when I needed it, and I don't forget good friends..............enjoy yourself.....................and again Happy Birthday

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

ducky...where've you been ? I've missed your posts on here.

Isabella.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Isabella (my great-grandaughter's name).........................I've been around, just not on this thread as often as I use to be.......................I do check on you all everyday though.............I will make it a habit when I come on, even if I have nothing to say, I will at least say "HI"................so nice to know people even though your not around all the time, still think about you...................your a good friend............have a great day.........also enjoy your posts, and your quotes............I am a big "quote" person myself.............always enjoy them.................hugs.

• Kaara

duckybl:  My great grandaughter's name is Isabella too.   It has been one of the most popular baby names this past several years because of the Twilight Series.

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

QCA, I hope you are still resting, and taking it very easy on yourself!!!

My update: saw PCP this a.m, and his first thought for this pain I'm experiencing was gall bladder; so I'm scheduled for an ultrasound next Thursday. Knowing this medi-outfit, it'll be at least a week after that before I get any news. (grrr, but I do love my PCP). Anyway, I'm in the what is this queue, and the recent weight loss isn't quite as severe as I had feared since it turns out my scale was almost 4 pounds off, weighing light. That's real good news.Kiss

Best to all -- Barbe, I'll be thinking of you this week -- Wave, you too. Kaara, you're doing great.

Ducky, glad to see you here! We welcome you, always!

• barbaraa

Joyce, I will be in West Palm tomorrow. Grrr.

Well, gals, the onc wants a bone scan because of the rib pain. I knew he would so off I go Friday at 8. This will be followed by regular xrays. I made up my mind that I am going to corral the radiologist and get the prelim opinion. Sigh.