Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Good luck Barb...........I sure do hope that its just rads damage and not mets.  Can't say I blame you in wanting to hear the prelim opinion......I'd be right there with you on that one.

Ducky, so good to see you!  Do pop in more often, we miss you!

Love n hugs all!   Chrissy

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Oh thanks Ladies....................never felt so loved...................I will be back often.......hugs to you all.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Barb, sending hugs and prayers for your scan on Friday.  Hope it's from the radiation!

L_C, I'm so glad the dr. thinks it's gallbladder!  That sure would be good news, wouldn't it?

Ducky, I've missed you here and it's so good to see you posting.  Glad things are going well.

I might hear something tomorrow since they said Thursday if not before, so here's hoping for good results.  Trying to do sort of mindless things to keep busy, like laundry, which I hate.

Love to all.

Kathy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi all, just cking in. im starting to ramp up the thyroid doses, and now, my le and my eyes are real swollen. so, not much for the computer, can't tyope, or see the screen well.. hope the new tv series will be good lol

Barbara: i'll be prying bout that rib pain.. mine they say, was a bone bruise.. we chased it as far as another pet scan.. your situation is different from mine, though.. i hear all the damge rad does to some of you gals,.. i'd opt for the preliminary, also.. put us in your pocket friday; and let us know...   .love toall waiting in the hall.3jays

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

THanks everyone. Kathy, I have you in my prayers and you too, L_C!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Barbara, can't remember if you've looked into Costochondritis. I have it and it's breath-taking-ly painful!!

3jays, what new series are you watching?? I'm always game to try new shows.

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Okay, if you got breast cancer use it!  The woman came to our house to measure for carpet.  She went on for a while about how hard it would be to do it before Christmas.  Then I told her I was having surgery the first week of January.  Of course she wanted to know if it was anything serious.  I said, No, I just had breast cancer surgery last year and this is just a follow up to that. She immediately decided the carpet could be in before the holiday!

She then went on to tell me about a relative who died of breast cancer.  I told her that almost everyone knows at least one person that's happened to.  I just happen to know several, of course.

It's wonderful to experience the generosity and concern of so many people I don't even know! When I was young I used to think if I ever got cancer I would just succumb to it rather than have surgery or chemo.  Boy how little I appreciated life.

Kathy and Barbara, praying for you.

Dragon (Lynda) 

• QCA

It was BENIGN!!!!  Just got the call.  DH and I had a good cry with tears of relief, about to decorate the Christmas tree.  Now I can do that with a much lighter heart,

Thanks again to each of you for praying, thinking good thoughts, and all the kind words.  Now, I'll be thinking and praying for the rest of you who are waiting for test results, scans, and surgeries.

Love you all,

Kathy

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903

YAY, Kathy!  Celebrate with a merry heart!

My PET is two weeks from today, and I would happily accept of few of those prayers!

• QCA

Lulubee, you've got them!  The waiting, not knowing, is horrible, and we're all with you.

Kathy

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101

Kathy...That's just wonderful!  What a blessing!  Have a joyous holiday season!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Kathy, I'm relieved and delighted to hear your results!

Barbe, I hope you get the same.

Leah

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

Kathy...good. good news. I bet you are really relieved at this news. Thinking of you.

We are having very cold wet windy weather....it is howling round my house at the moment. I went out to fetch my newspapers this afternoon and was met with sideways sleet, coming across the roads in big gusts. We are supposed to be getting 70mph winds tonight, and by the sound of things they're here. The bins are over on their sides, doors that SHOULD be closed and aren't are smashing and bashing about. (someones ears will be getting a bashing about in the morning !!) I am not venturing out, as it's wet under foot, and there are lots of leaves on the ground I am likely to crash. If I go out to see what all the banging and smashing is I might fall and lay there all night !!! I looked out of the door tonight to feed the cats, and not one to be seen, I bet they're all tucked up in the hay somewhere. Not like them to miss their supper.

Am sat here in my dressing gown, had a long bath, and did my hair....plus burning my forehead with my tongs ... then couldn't be bothered to go get dressed again. The nights always seem a lot longer when its bad weather outside. I have an appointment with my neurosurgeon on Friday, and of course howling winds and snow are forecast. The last time I saw this chappie he was a bit dismissive, accused me of 'missing my last 3 appointments'...and told me I was now at the bottom of the list because of this. I have NOT missed any visits to him this year...I have just been sat patiently waiting for a letter from them. I was taken aback with his comments last visit, had no correspondence in front of me, so other than protest I hadn't missed the appointments I didn't kick up my usual stink !  I am ready for him on Friday, have ALL my correspondence, plus appointment card, stamped up to date, so want to get there to confront him ! These damned doctors are so arrogant and think they are gods. I shall have to ask DH to come up and drive me in if the weather is bad, as if there is snow on the ground I won't be able to travel safely from parking space ( if I can find one ) to hospital, alone....don't want a broken leg on top of everything else.

The last of my ordered Christmas presents came today, now I just have to get them all wrapped up...I hate this job, am NOT good at it, and end up swearing at myself. I made a start on my Christmas cards today, and did precisely 3....the 'phone seemed to be jangling all morning and stopping my concentration.  ( one particularly stupid question I got was  'How do I give a puppy a worming tablet'...OMG... HOW the h*ll do you think you give a puppy a tablet, down its ear ?? I have to be polite on the 'phone, but , boy, I think how on earth are people so stupid !) Last year I went thru' my list and pruned it....well and truly pruned it. I was sick of sending cards, year after year, and not hearing back from anyone. I always write about a dozen letters to put in with the cards, and usually get a couple back, so this year they're being stopped ! A quick ' I'm OK, hope you and yours are OK ' will be this years message !! .

Best of luck for all waiting for tests and results....I know one or two are worried, but am NOT going back to look, or this will all go into orbit !  Only 11.30 here, but having an early night, snuggle up in bed away from the storm outside, and watch some tv.

Isabella.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

((Kathy)) happy dancing in Florida! Lynda, thanks for the good wishes and it's good to know B C has *some* things good that happen.

• QCA

With you on Friday, Barb.  Sending hugs and prayers!

Kathy

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Thanks Kathy, I am SOOOOO happy for you!! And you KNOW I MEAN IT!!! You can face the holiday season with a much lighter heart. The New Year will be a blessing too...enjoy!!

Isabella, would a taxi have less baggage than letting your ex drive you to the appointment??

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    so glad KathyKiss
  • chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

WooHooo!!!!!   Kathy that is such good news!!!! and I can fully understand the tears of relief.  Enjoy putting up your Christmas tree and the rest of the holidays with a light heart.

Barbe still hoping for good outcome for your tests!

Lisa, good luck with your MRI!

BarbA hoping your scans turn up only rads damage! (now that sounds terrible but the alternative is worse)

Isabella, goodluck with your appointment and let that arrogant SOB have it both barrels!  Stay warm!

Changing the guest room and cleaning down stairs has given me the impetus to want to keep going so I am, one room at a time, one day at a time (or longer) and hopefully by Christmas and the inundation of the family it will be all done!  Well here's hoping....lol.....I might feel differently tomorrow......lol.

Be well and staay warm all.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• socallisa
  • Kaara

Beautiful rose!  I can almost smell it right through the computer!  Thanks for sharing.

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903

Gorgeous!  Thanks for sharing!

• socallisa

it is my neighbor's rose, she has a green thumb

• 3jaysmom
    good to see you all. having trouble tyoing, so hello and know im praying for you all.3jays
  • WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Kathy, we all rejoice with your good news!!! I can only imagine your relief. Savor it!!

• Kaara

Morning ladies:  Up early today...going to see my GS sing at his school, then to a dr. app't with my boyfriend who is seeing a new doctor about his MS.  He was tested for all kind of things to see what was toxic in his body, so we'll know today what the prognosis is.  3jays...I know you will be interested to hear the outcome of this.  I am going to make an app't as well to see what he has to say about me and my dx of bc, and what I might be doing other than anti cancer diet and exercise to prevent a recurrance.

Have a great day everyone! 

• Update on me is on Between the devil and the deep blue sea....a thread I started so I would not have to post on mutiple sites.   Hope you all are having a good day and doing well, not wearing yourselves out getting ready for the holidays. 

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Kathy, some great news!  So happy for you.  Lynda

• QCA

I can't say enough to thank all of you for your support and sharing my joy at my results.  Y'all just make my heart feel good!

We've got people now who're still in that awful waiting time hell.  Barbe and Barbara, sending prayers and good thoughts for both of you tomorrow.

Wave, any news?

Hugs and love to all of you,

Kathy

• 3jaysmom
    juat letting you know im still lurking here, just not much to say (can't tyoe) 3jays
  • socallisa

Just a cheerful photo