Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    ok, so i'm no "little " gal; you gotta see the guy who got me to breath again.. you'll see why i have 2 cracked ribs, and im grateful!!!3jays
  • chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

3jays, do let me know how you get on with this new guy and maybe he can do good enough things for you to get you back on your feet good and proper! .......I sure hope so anyway!....you deserve some good times.  That guy who did the Heimlich on you is massive!!!! but it doesn't matter how big he is, he deserves a medal for keeping you with us.

Hope those cracked ribs aren't giving you too much gyp.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Lulu, a beautiful story. Thank you. It warmed my heart and lifted my soul!

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

Lovely stories of angels and ornaments.  You brighten my life.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Morning all.

3Jays, do hope things improve. 

Hope things go well Dragon

Barbe I do mean Robins and snow for Christmas. Isabella will know the type of images and I am sure Chrissy understands how this was the picture we had despite living in a place where there were no robins and little snow and Christmas came in summer. Also we don't have that type of robin here at all

This is the type of card that was so common when here its more like this. We have taken time to develop summer Christmas images.

This is what Christmas actually looked like for me because this is actually the beach very close to my childhood home where we spent most of our time over the holidays. (School is out from mid December until the first week of February.) It is funny but my heart skipped a beat when I found this photo and I could see myself as a small girl playing on the beach it is such a special place for me. Luckily for my friends and I it was a very safe place then but I am sure I wouldn't let children wander freely around there today. Just behind are large sand dunes which mad wonderful forts etc. The only thing we ever came across was the odd courting couple and they would get sand bombed.

I have had to look at a picture of a cardinal - never seen one before and found one sitting on a mailbox in snow. Now I want to see that. I would love a winter Christmas. Enough of that cause I have to get the decorations down shortly - DH has to get the boxes for me first.

DH is off the phone so I had better get moving.

Big hug to all

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Alyson,

It would be so strange for me to have Christmas in the summer time!  Or for that matter for December to be in the Summer!  I just can't seem to see Santa in flip flops. hehehehe  I love my flip flops and wear them as long as I can before my toes start to freeze.  Hope you have a wonderful summer and I love the picture of the beach.  I would love to see it for real some day, but I think the closest I will get is to go see Chrissy when my DD#1 and her Major husband move to Japan.  They are still waiting on his orders that are needed before they can get everything finalized for their move. 

• chrissyb

Alyson, I remember those days as well, sitting on a beach slowly cooking myself and then suffering for it for a week after with skin blisters and peeling because I was beet red from the sun!  And then I remember the white zinc we used to put on our noses and bottom lips to prevent burning....lol.....now that really is a laugh.....all it did was make up all look like clowns!

I also remember always wanting to have snow at Christmas and buying that sprayon snow that you coud spray on the windows and the tree to make it look like it had snowed!  Oh yeah...lol....we went to great lengths to make it feel a little cooler with snow..........didn't really work but we tried.

Then there was the hot roast Christmas dinner that mom had spent all morning cooking in a kitchen that was probably about 120 degrees because of the oven!  and then not really feel like eating because it was jiust too hot but doing it anyway çause it smelled so good!  It wasn't until I was in my early teens that my mother got wise and refused to cook a hot dinner anymore.  We still had all the right things like ham and other meats but they were all cold with a multitude of salads and that wasmuch better food for very hot days......and invariably it is always hot on Christmas Day even though we are hope for something a little cooler.  I still do the cold Christmas Dinner....the only thing I bake on the day is the Ham....everything else is done and prepared two or three days ahead.....makes for a much more enjoyable day for everyone.

Amyjo, when you come I will make it that we go to the beach while you are here no matter what the temperature is....lol.  I am about an hour and a half drive from it so not far.

Love all the stories of the Christmas Angels..................

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Elisimo

Chrissy, I will be sure to bring my swimsuit and at least stick a toe in the water if it is too cold.  I just wish DD#1 and her DH would get their orders and move already!  Boy did I just say that!!!  I really would prefer for them to stay state side.  I still plan on coming to see you as soon as I can.

Hugs, Amy Jo 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Hmmm........Elisimo.............new name, same delightful smile.

???????

Leah

• Elisimo

Leah, Yes it is still me.  DH requested I change my name.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Gosh, my DH requested that I change my name 35 years ago.....

Leah

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Its been a hard day. My BFs little grandaughter died this morning. She was 5years 9months. Cancer is such a cruel disease and in this case the doctors had absolutely no answers. At least she was not in pain over the last few days. Any death is hard but when its a child its so difficult to understand and thankfully these day it is rare.

Went out for dinner tonight as I didn't feel like cooking, it was lovely to sit outside for once- we have had so much rain.

• chrissyb

Oh Alyson, I'm so sorry to hear about your BF's grand daughter.  When children are affected by any illness it's always hard to understand but to be smitten with a disease such as cancer is truly heart breaking.  My condolences to her parents and grandparents...................God has called his angel home.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom

Alyson, im so sorry about your gf DD !!! i wiklkl be praying for her to find the peace she will certainly need!!!

i didn't change my username, bc i have it for everything.. (and it'll confuse me, im sure) but, im trying on new avatars, trying to "detatch" from the whole 3 jays thing.. i'm trying to address some issues with my sons.. i had the 3 monkeys, 1st "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" but decided that was passive aggressive.. they absolutely WON'T hear, think about how bc has affected me.. so, i'll try different "3's " for awhile...

thanks, gals.. i AM going to see this new dr. tommorrow.. i don't really think he'll help.. he's a wonder guy; and he doesn't do much insurance.. i think he's one of those frauds.. but, we'll see. it would be just like me to not see him, and he's for real!!!

tommorrow is a "meet the dr. free conference, so i'll hear what he has ro say.. according to him, he seems to cure everything!!!i'm sur ehe'll want twigs and nuts diet, and i aint goin there.. my QOL is def. including real food.. just healthier than it used to be. I'll let you know....3jays

• chrissyb

Good luck 3jays!  Hope he turns out to be the real thing!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• 3jaysmom

thanks, chrissy: i don't know, even if he's "real" if i'll be able to afford him!!!he seems to take very little ins, but dr. mandel will be willing to order any test he wants, and get it covered.. there were so many drs. that were'nt Kosher for ms, im leery...

hey, send me an email once in awhile, lets keep in touch, now that the holidays are over..

i think my passive aggressive is coming thru, and im going to keep the 3 monkeys for awhile!hahaha   3jays

• 3jaysmom
    cking to see my avatar..sorry
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Oh, Alyson, I am s sorry for your BF. She is in my prayers.

3jays, I hope this doc is the 'ONE'1

• Dilly

Alyson, my condolences to your BF & family. Cancer seems cruelest when it hits the young. I send much sympathy and best thoughts.

• Dilly

ps, please send any unwanted rain, snow or even dew to No. Cal - we normally get about 20 inches of precip in Nov-Dec, but did not get one drop and we need rain!!!!!!!!!!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Prayers to angel babies and their families.....

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62

My condolences to your BF and her family.

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903

Alyson, I'm so sorry.  You have a warm heart and I know you will be there for your BFF in the hard months to come.  May God comfort all who mourn.

Amy Jo, I did a double-take on your new name!  Can you explain Elisimo for us?  It's fun to say! Did your DH want you to use a pseudonym rather than your real name?  

3jays -- I like your monkeys; they make me laugh.  But if you get in the mood to really work the P/A angle, maybe try out Three Blind Mice.  Heh heh.  

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    Alyson.................My prayers to all who have had the pleasure to know the "new little angel" in heaven...................I am so angry...................why, why, why, the children.....................what a sad time for you........................just don't tell me they can't find out where this "devil" comes from....................and how it can be stopped................................Not the children, please.............Cry Innocent
  • dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Alyson, so sorry for your BF.  That has to be one of the hardest things to go through.  

XOXO Dragon 

• lulubee

Here's my angel who reigneth o'er the foyer now.  Isn't she beautiful?

<a mce_thref=Angel

• lulubee
    <a mce_thref=Angel
  • Dilly

Thank you Lulu - she is exceptionally beautiful. That's a euphemism for a string of superlative adjectives.

I was just ready to sit down to write my Christmas thank you notes (not too badly overdue, yes?) - and had stopped by here for some gratitude inspiration - so many women dealing with the unimaginable and doing it well, sharing, caring, and being of good heart... I am always humbled by the goodness here, and inspired to "do better."

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    We're going to be fine..................we have to be............Cry.............there are so many people rooting for us..................God help us allInnocent...........................hugs and prayers.
  • amosmom
    amosmom Member Posts: 4

Definitely looking for peace as well as more sense.  I'm 67.  Seems to me that "breast cancer" is so many different diseases with differing treatments ~ which is what the docs tell us ~ certainly post-menopausal disease is a different story than pre-menopausal.  When I was first diagnosed in 1998, we thought post-menopause was an advantage; now not quite so sure.  We are all so different, yet we are all the same.