Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

3jays LOL girl!  You learn just fine!  I'm glad to hear that you have finally got your pics all sorted.......almost......lol

Love n hugs girl!  Chrissy

• chrissyb

edited as it posted twice.........grrrrrr!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

This is a nice thread for us oldie LOL--I'm in my mid 60's so i think (I know) that qualifies me.  I do enjoy my retirement now, I had to retire, but I see my kids and grandson much more and I love every minute of it.  And chrissy, I love that picture.

• chrissyb

Hi Camille and welcome!  Grab a cuppa and a comfy chair and jump in any ol' time.  We are a great bunch of gals and I'm sure you will gert to know us very quickly.  Age to me is a state of mind not being so I always say we are as young as we feel........lol......somedays that's a hundred!.............hahahahah!

Thanks for the compliment on my pic!  I'm a mad keen photographer so the pic at the top gets changed every now and then.............watch this space!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101

Welcome camille:  Hope you enjoy the thread!  It's a lot of fun and educational too!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Nice to meet you, Camille!

Leah

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Morning all.

Thanks for the birthday wishes Chrissy, its tomorrow actually but today is DGS's first birthday. He is be one - hard to believe. Took is first steps yesterday when he was here then when DD arrived back we had him walking between us. He would take a few steps then sit down, clap and laugh. Just delightful.

Tomorrow will have all my children here for dinner which they are cooking. DS is home on holiday and has said he and DGF will be back about September. It's so good to have them around.

Must go and get my cup of tea

• jojococo
    jojococo Member Posts: 11

I'm another "oldie" - 60 - with a teenage daughter (14!)  I just found this thread and hope you don't mind my jumping in.  I read the first page and then skipped to the last, so I have obviously missed a lot.

I see tomorrow is your birthday, Alyson, hope you have a wonderful day with all your family around!

• Kaara

Happy Birthday Alyson!  Welcome jojococo!  Glad to have you, but sorry you have to be here.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

If today is normally Australia's tomorrow...then it must be your birthday by now Alyson!! Happy Birthday, sweetie!!!!!

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Hello Camille and JojoCoco,

Welcome to a great group of women. 

Following Barbe's line of reasoning, Happy Birthday Alyson!  

Ginger

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

2 HAPPY BIRTHDAYS FROM ME.

3JAYS (24TH) and

ALYSON (25TH)  It is 24th here in UK, but I think it might be 25th in NZ !

Hope I got them both right.

Isabella.

• chrissyb

Happy birthday 3jays!!!   Hope you have a great day!!!!!!

Hi jojococo and welcome!  So glad you have jumped right into the throng........lol.  When you have the time (and or the inclination), grab yourself a cuppa and read away.  You'll soon get to know us as we you and I think you'll find we're a pretty good bunch of gals. 

I'm 60 also and my youngest grandson is almost 14.........lol.........but I still get the teenage kid thing!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Happy Birthday 3jays and chrissy

• chrissyb

Chabba my birthday is not until December but it is Alyson's birthday tomorrow........lol.........I thank you for the very early birthday wishes though...................lol

• chabba

LOL Can't believe I did that.  Must be a new manifestation of my dyslexia.  I knew it was Alyson. I was thinking Alyson but it was your picture in my visual range.

So, Happy Birthday Alyson!

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Chabba I do that exact same thing.   LOL Ginger

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Welcome Camille and jojococo!  Sorry for the reason, but glad to have you.

Happy birthday Alyson and 3jays!!  

I'm still watching basketball tonight and loving it, especially since my team won tonight.  Barely, but they go on to the Elite 8.  I do love college basketball!

Kathy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Not quite 25th here yet, about 3 hours to go but thanks for the birthday wishes.

We had a lovely afternoon for Sam and he showed off his walking skills for us, about 8 steps now, so cute. And he then claps and laughs. The cake was the best and he loved the chips - oh dear not meant to have them but it was his birthday. Presents not too bad either.

Hope you have had a wonderful day 3Jays.

Big hugs to all.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

thanks for all the birthday wishes, ladies..

we actually celebrated on thursday; cause my mil dreamed up something mur had to do today.. besides, my stomach was good, which it hasn't been lately..

so, we went to a resteraunt here, in Ft.Laud; who's partners are in Bourne, Cape Cod.. where i grew up.. so, i had steamed and fried clams, which im mad about.. AND a cup of clam chowder  Was a little quesy, but it was worth it!!!!

ohhh, those "towheads" are gorgepus, ALLYson!!!!er!!!made a right pig of myself!!!

Happy  Birthday, again, whenever it works out to be..!!!3jays

he's off to boynton today, and ive taken my prednisone, and synthyroid, will pass put soon, and be OUT for awhile.

•    Happy Birthday,3Jays.  And again to you, Alyson.....for some reason I was so sure it was Thursday.

Spent most of yesterday doing scans and am very proud of myself for NOT calling to find out what my tumor markers were.....figure I will get the news about everything next week and just in case they went up, I did not want to be worrying about that because I have to spend all of today working on my income taxes. 

It is rainy here, but still quite warm.....flowers and trees are blooming early and it looks like the crepe myrtle we planted made it through the winter.....I was worried because the guy didn't dig a very deep hole for it. 

When's the knee surgery, Chrissy?

Have a good weekend, everyone.    Marybe

• chrissyb

Hey Marybe!  Good for you for being a good girl and not calling for your results!..........lol........I know that's really hard to do.  Here's hoping that the numbers are down and the scans show regression!  YOur weather is warming up and ours is cooling down..........where has the year gone!

The surgery is next Friday so not long to wait now.  I have the ECG on Monday as well as the bloods and then just the community nurse and packing the suitcase ready to be up early on Friday morning so I can have breakfast and take my pills by no later that 6.45am and then head off to the city around 8.30 or 9.00.  I have a couple of things to do, like pick up my external memory from a friend who is loading it with movies, TV series and books and then drop off my extra stuff at my DD2's place so it's there when I return to her house as well as my jewellery, wallet, phone and computer so she can bring them to the hospital for me on Saturday.  Admission time is 12.30pm

3jays I'm so glad you got to celebrate your birthday even if it was a bit early.

Alyson those babies are just so darn cute I want to grab them and smother them with kisses!......lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Kaara

3jays:  Happy Birthday to you!!  Hope you have a wonderful day!

Alyson:  Cute kids....they look so happy!  At that age they are learning something new every day and it is so much fun to watch them grow.

Went to visit DGD yesterday.  She wants me all to herself, so when I begin visiting with the other family members, she politely takes my hand and says "come gammaw" and takes me into the bedroom, closes and tries to lock the door!  Everyone gets a big kick out of it. 

• chrissyb

LOL Kaara that is just too precious!!!  Sounds like you are extremely special to her.

• barbe1958

Chrissy, I wish I had an EXTERNAL MEMORY too!!!! Where do you get one????? There are some things I'd like to forget, so I'd leave those out of my head forever!

Lovely pic of the grands Alyson..holy cow, so cute!!!

Isabella, were you off having back surgery maybe??

• chrissyb

Barbe my real external memory is my two DD's..............they never let me forget anything!!..............even the things I want to forget!!!..........lol  

The one I have to pick up is for the computer but it would be nice to be able to 'download' the things in our head when it got too full!.................lol

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

I got a letter from the hospital yesterday, to tell me to be sure and be in the hospital, for my back surgery @ 7am, this coming Thursday, 29th !!!

OMG, our system sure is crazy. I am still waiting on a pre-op examination. I got a letter from pre-op nurse to say I would be called in for the exam. AFTER April 1st, and surgery would then follow within six weeks !!! Maybe they're playing an April Fool joke on me ! 

I tried to ring the surgeons secretary to explain that, once again, they'd got things inside out, but there was a recorded message saying she was away on holiday. 

Still very busy here. I am helping DH move back to his house today, yee haw !!!!  I haven't had a minute to myself for nearly a month....now I just need to put furniture back where it belongs, and tidy up...then back to MY way of life again.

Isabella.

• chrissyb

Yay Isabella!!!!  It would be nice for you to be able to have the op on Thursday........maybe they will schedule you for your pre-op on Tuesday...........fingers, toes, eyes and anything else that can be crossed is crossed for you!  Sometimes you have to really wonder about bureaucracy and it's workings.............lol .  Enjoy your peace and quiet!

• barbe1958

Thank GOD he's going today!! Do NOT let him weasel his way back in....now WHO'S going to take care of you????

• chabba

Isabella, such good news, I do hope everything goes as now expected.