Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• number5
    number5 Member Posts: 6
    anonymice I'm just now reading this, but I wanted to tell you about my sister!  She is a seven year survivor and had always been 'artistic' and was good at so many things, but she too took up painting!  I'm so amazed at how talented she is-and it's just one of the many things she has 'discovered' since her breast cancer!  Good for you!
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Ginger, what do you mean "laying the waist down on to your skin"?? I just can't figure it out. I worry that my hands wouldn't be strong enough to put on spanx, or I'd be left breathless. I can't do the support hose or socks I'm supposed to wear, either!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

hi  all

Chrissy in our part of the world you can get spanx at Exibuy or for you David Jones. I have a couple of pairs and really like them.

Barbe I don't find them too difficult to pull up but not sure what Ginger means either.

Felling a bit more alive today, had really nasty 'tummy bug' which I caught from the grandchildren. My sister got it as well so we didn't have DGS yesterday, slept instead.  Feel much better though body thinks it has been run over by a bus.

Must go and shower and put some clothes on as it is a beautiful day outside, real autumn weather.

Big hugs to all

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894

MAC THANKS--IAPPRECIATE IT SO MUCH. -------SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TRIP, JUST READING ABOUT IT IS MAKING MY SHOULDERS RELAX HMMMMM.

WENT TO ER AT MN LAST NIGHT B/C INCISION LOOKED LIKE IT WAS REALLY MISBEHAVING, BUT I CAN'T SEE. THE REVERSE WAS HAPPENING, THE SILVER NITRATE SCAB FEEL OFF. THE DOC SAID IT LOOKED HEALED UNDERNEATH. HAPPY FOR THAT . SEEING THOUGH WOULD HAVE AVOIDED A TRIP, BUT DEFINITELY FELT HAPPY.

CHRISSY-YEAH---THAT NOVENA IS A POWERFUL ONE. -------------------PT/INR CAN BE A PAIN IN THE PATTUTY. -----DID PHYSICAL THERAPY SAY YOU COULD LEAD WITH THE NEW KNEE UP THE STAIRS??? --------I SO WISH I WAS THERE FOR THE ANTIQUES FAIR.--I'M A LA JUNQUE PERSON.--------ACTUALLY TOO MUCHI, T'S NO FUN JUNKING WHEN EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY IS FULL. HAVE FUN

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

went to the neurologist today and they took 7 vials of blood...after the tech finished

he squirted one by mistake  and blood was all over the place what a mess. Good thing

I was wearing black...he was all shaken up so I told him to take a deep breathe then stick

me again..he said he was amazed I didn't faint...I didn't tell him compared to all the BC

treatments this was a piece of cake...no problemo...so I went to the zoo as a treat afterwards.

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101

Lisa:  Are you sure you're not a photo journalist for Nat'l Geographic?  You could be!

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639

Very nice pics Lisa.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894

Lisa I agree with Kaara, your pics are always special

• socallisa

thanks, taking pix is really fun for me

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468

Lisa - sorry for the fiasco that caused you to need a treat,  and so pleased that you have shared your treat photographically with us.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi guys: still typing with one hand, but the horrible pain is gone.. pheww!!!i've had several mohs surgeries, and more to come, but this one was a bear... it must be where it is..

Ellisimo, i do hope they find out whats' wrong.. you haven't felt really well for too long..@chrissy: glad you're doing well.. and sas, and all you gals..

Isabella: i'm so sorry about your DD, but there really IS nothing we can do as they're suppossed adults, now.lol   3jays

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Hi all - I haven't posted in a long, long time. Things have been hectic. My dad just came home, today, from a 3 week hospital stay, after a nasty fall. Luckily he didn't break anything, just a really nasty cut on the head and needed some rehab to get up and walking again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Chrissy - how's the new knee?

Lynda

• socallisa

love the color of this rose

• Kaara

Lisa:  Beautiful!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Me too Lisa.  That was my color for my wedding.

• 3jaysmom
    that's the color that mur gave me for our anniversarry, but tipped w/ reddish color.. beautiful.........3jays
  • Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Zoe learning to ride her bike. 

• socallisa
    Laughing
  • valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Good to see you again, Hauntie! That is good news that your Father was not hurt any worse than he was. I hope you are doing well.

Ginger, what a little cutie-pie! Adorable.

• socallisa

Chrissy...our SanDiego gang were wishing you were here again at our lunch today...

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi ya girls!!!  Sorry I disappeared for a few days but it was my towns annual Antiques Fair weekend and I ended up with a house full!  It was soooo much fun and it's a wonder you didn't hear the laughter from there!  We were truly a very noisy bunch! 

Linda!  So wonderful to hear from you!  So sorry to hear that your dad had a fall but very glad that his injuries were not too bad.  It's always a worry when the elderly fall as they can do soooo much damage to themselves withoiut realizing.

Ginger!  OMG!!! Your Zoe is the cutest little button ever!  I love the grin of accomplishment on her face and the grin on Grans face ain't bad either........lol........proud as punch I would say.

Lisa that rose is glorious!  I do hope it is one that has a perfume to it as so many of the new ones don't.  I read about the get togethers and lunches and I too wish that I was there again sharing the good time.

3jays, how's the hand healing?  I sure hope it's improving as I read just how painful it has been for you.

Well girls, today I officially ditched the walking stick!  I am strong enough and steady enough on the new knee to allow it to work for it's supper so to speak.......lol.  I have been going to our community hospital for the INR test every couple of days and for the last two visits, I have climbed the steps, of which there are ten, like a normal person...............you know, one foot after the other.  I've also been climbing the stairs at home although not all of them in one hit as the tread is a little higher than the ones at the hospital and need a bit more strength but so far, so good.  I have my appointment with the doc who did the replacement tomorrow so I'm hoping he will be as pleased as I am at the progress. It's been five and a half weeks so I don't think I'm doing too badly.

Hope everyone is feeling and doing well.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    Way to go Chrissy.Smile
  • socallisa

wishing you well, Chrissy

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

Lovely photo, as ever, Lisa, but that's one thing you won't see here. A rose in full bloom, next to a foxglove. My foxgloves are about a fortnight from flowering, and my roses, well, they're pretty much bare stems with leaves just starting to unfurl....they will be another 6 -8 weeks before they flower.

The way our weather is playing up it will be a miracle if much grows this year, everywhere is soaking, my lawn has about a half inch of standing water over half of it....the dogs are bringing in a real filthy mess whenever they go out for a 'quick one '!

It has been a holiday w/end here...there was supposed to be maypole dancing on the village green , and an exiting 'fun day' for all the little ones, it will have been washed out ! I didn't get myself out from my bed 'til nearly 9.30. Put on the oldest jeans and sweater I could find and have been swishing cobwebs away in my kennels....I have been frozen. I have taken a fair few bookings, earlier than normal, starting in a couple of weeks, so want to spring clean everything.  If I leave it to my helpers they'll just paint over the cobwebs, so I'm giving them a clean start, so they can paint, paint, paint all this week, not much can be done outside in this weather.

My neighbour, the one I am at war with !!, has had a horse show today on his farm. I was up my lane last night, just before it got dark securing all my gates with locks and chains, as I know a lot of the horse boxes will use my lane as a short cut if they possibly can !! I saw 2 of them, having to back out, as they couldn't get thru' my padlocked gates .... a difficult manouver for them, on a very narrow lane ( with steep ditches, absolutely full of running water at the moment, on either side of the lane. ) with great big horse transporters. Why this particular neighbour tries to annoy me I do not know. He will be up in Crown Court at the end of this month, to set a final date for his trial for stealing from the supermarket, stealing, and BURYING in containers,  vehicles and tractors , possesion of contraband spirits and tobacco, and recieving ! What a joy it is living next door to such a man. I now and then get a police car cruising about, but not very often, not like they indicated they would be doing !

Back to normal tomorrow. I am away out to do some shopping to York. I love this city, but am now quite restricted in where I can get to walking. I used to spend a few hours wandering around the old streets, but now I can only make it around the department stores, where I can borrow a shopping cart, and there are chairs dotted around for old people to sit on !!!!! I am looking for some sandals, and some new undies .

Off to bed now, an early(ish) night for me, so I can get up and off as soon as possible tomorrow.

Isabella.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Chrissy, you're doing great!  No cane already--wow!  I'm so glad you got out to the antiques show and had fun!

Good to hear from you again, Lynda, and  happy to know your dad's on the mend now and especially happy that he didn't break any bones.

My absolute favorite rose, Lisa, just love how the petals are tinged with pink!

Go get 'em tomorrow, Isabella.  Hope you have fun doing retail therapy.

Zoe's just precious, Ginger.  Aren't they just too cute at that age!

Savannah was fun, fun, and it was great to get away for some just couple time for a change.  Our last 2 vacations have been the whole family ones, and I do love those, but I love these even more.  The "tall ships" were docked below River Street, so it was unusually crowded but we had a great time anyway.  DH even went on line last night and found us one of those historical homes to buy.  All I have to do is win the lottery first!

We have an unexpected respite from keeping DGS until Wednesday, so I'm leisurely doing laundry and other things I can't seem to get done while he's here.

Also have great news about my young friend Will.  He came home from the hospital yesterday!  Can you imagine that, with a broken back?  But home he is, in a back brace and a hospital bed.  Of course he's on heavy pain meds, but he's going to be fine.  The resilience of 18 year olds....

Hope all of us have a good week, and hugs to all!

Kathy

• 3jaysmom

its' great to be back, i've missed you all..

my mood has def changed, with everything going on the last month.. so, i've been quiet here, as well. haven't seen the grands, either.. maybe next week, we'll drive round..

@Ginger.. thats' a lovely picture of you both!!i don't think i've ever seen you before. nice to out a face to both your names.. she's a cutie patootie!!!

I'm glad your doing so well,@chrissy.. keeping on keeping on, thats what your best at, i know.. glad the antiques show weekend went so well.

@Isabella: i just can't even keep up with you, on the internet!!!NOW, its painting the kennel!!!

i can't believe ple are STILL bothering your lane. for your neighbors yard.. it'll be interesting how the trial goes..glad you finally got the glitch with this site "refreshed"....3jays

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Mmmm not sure I like the 'new look' but I know the site needed the updating.  I think it's the color as much as the layout but I guess we'll all get used to it over time.

The visit with the doc yesterday went very well and he is super pleased with the way I'm walking and moving the knee.  The only thing he added was another exercise to get the bend angle to increase.  I don't need to see him for that leg for another twelve months now unless I have a problem but I did talk to him re the other knee and he says that now this one is done it may be that I can hold out a bit longer before having it done but I'm still planning on doing it before the end of the year.  He did warn me that he is booked out up to three months ahead so I will need to make up my mind in the next couple of months.   Ah!  decisions, decisions!......lol.

3jays so glad to see you back with us.  Hope you get to see the grands on the weekend!

Isabella you amaze me girl!  When are you going to start to take things a little easier? Hope you managed to get the things you wanted with your retail therapy.

I'm exhausted today as I drove to the city for my appointment and drove straight home again, something that I haven't done in such a long time as it knocks the sox off me so today I'm vegging!  It's 11.00am and I'm still in my PJ's and I think I just might stay in them all day!

Love n hugs all!   Chrissy

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Yes, Chrissy, I also think the new look will take some getting used to.  But, it's bigger print and maybe it'll be easier for some to read, like Sheila. Hope so.  Lots of blank space on the left, though.  I'm glad your doc turned you loose for now.  You're obviously doing great, so vegge to your heart's content!

3jays, it's so good to see you back!  How's the hand?  I guess you're all settled in again now, after the enforced move, but what a mess to have to go through.  Hope you do get to see your grands this weekend.  My DGS will be back tomorrow and I don't think Outdoor Boy will be too happy--supposed to rain all day.  

This is appt week for me.  Dermatologist tomorrow to seek advice on the gifts of arimidex--losing hair where I want it (head) and getting hair where I don't want it(face).   Then MO on Thursday.  

Hope all are doing well today and hugs to all of you,

Kathy

• socallisa

I still can't post a photo from my android tablet

• Kaara

It's not broken, so let's fix it....lol!