Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446

This could be the nocturnal thread. Hi, Ladies.

Barbe, I had a cystoscope a couple of years ago and did not take any pain meds before, regretted that decision. Turns out my ureter was prolapsed, but the Uro didn't know that. Watching the image was pretty cool. I pray your procedure shows up something that is easily fixed and that your pain is relieved.

I havent had a UTI all his year so far, that's good news after having 6-8 a year for at least the last 4 years. Thank Goodness!!! This time last year I was getting the run-around with waiting for culture results, was given Macrobid and got Hives just for instant added fun. Couldn't do it and had a PICC line installed and had to dose my own IV at home, 7 days on, wait, test, 7 more days on, wait, test, wait. After 6 weeks they took the PICC Like out. I was SO glad to be rid of that mess.

I screwed up royally this past week. My men were gone (DH & DS), driving 1700 miles one way to Colorado for some legal business and I was alone, stupidly thought DH had left some dollars in a shared account so I could go get what I wanted or needed while they were gone... NOT. Instead, I made a huge accounting error and bounced a check, just one but the bank charged $70 dollars for it and DH went ballistic when he got home. It was a mistake, could have happened to either one of us but he reamed me out about it and I had to pull from meager savings to cover the damage. I don't think theres any one task that can be so easily screwed up as a shared checking account. ARGH.. But I really don't think name calling is the answer. I covered the financial damage with my beach-week money, not quite sure what to do about that, except not order a new swimsuit, not get anything new this year. Yet.

~Connie

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Aw, Chrissy, so sorry to hear of your FIL's passing. But glad to hear DD is almost on the mend.

Barbe - prayers going up for a pain-free procedure and for you to get to the bottom of what's going on.

Connie - DH does not always stand for dear husband.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Chrissy, your DH may be glad he can remember his Dad before he got quite so ill....small blessing.

Connie, the fact he "doth protest too much" makes me wonder....Undecided...if he's bounced recently!?

Thanks for the good wishes ladies. I'm leaving in 20 minutes...just a last quick pan of the board.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Just got back. He says my bladder looks okay but will still test for infection. Second question: Do I still have my ovaries? Ouch. Now, though it isn't his field (Urologist) he will get me an abdominal ultrasound to check if the ovaries are acting up. I've had a hysterectomy, but they left my one ovary and part of another that I had partially taken out years ago. I asked for the CA-125 test to be done as well.

• barbaraa

So glad you are done. Hoping you are not hurting. Fingers crossed on you getting to the bottom of this.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

We are now in Madrid and officially had my first tapa

"boquerones"

• barbaraa

Lisa, yum.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Chrissy - So sorry to hear about your FIL.  Prayers for you and your family.  Glad DD is finally getting the surgery she needed.  Hope she heals quickly.

Connie - my DH and I have 2 "joint checking accounts", but he uses one and I use the other. 

Hope everyone having test or scans have an easy time with minimum pain.  {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all. 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. May G-d send comfort to your family.

Leah

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

My sympathies to you and yours Chrissy.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Barbe, glad you made it through your procedure okay and hope you're not in pain now.  Chrissy, I'm so sorry about your FIL.  Prayers for you and your family.

Kathy

• Cyborg
    Cyborg Member Posts: 192

Dragon--Hugs!!!!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    sympathy3jays
  • Chrissy,  Sorry to hear about your father in law. How did your daughter's surgery go?

A big wind storm just went through here....things were banging around outside and the cat was howling.....actually have been sleeping a lot better so am hoping I can go back to sleep now.  I will catch up with everyone this weekend....having 2nd cataract done Friday morning. 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi girls, thank you for you loving thoughts, prayers and hugs they are much appreciated.  DH and DD caught a flight at 9.40 this morning and arrived in Cairns at 1.15pm to be met by DH's youngest brother and his daughter.  The Funeral will be held on Tuesday next so they won't be back until Wedneday next week.  I'm taking DD's boys home with me in the morning and I'll keep them for all of next week before returning at the weekend.  I'm sure they won't mind missing a week of school.

Mareike's op went very well and she has already shown a huge improvement.  Aside for the nausea from the pain killers and a sore wound site, she has already said goodbye to the excrusiating leg pain.  Now she needs a month to heal before she eases her way back in to PTing.  I just hope she takes note of what she's been told re resting to heal!

Barbe, I'm so glad to hear that all is well with your bladder but it still leaves the reason for pain unanswered.  I do hope you manage to find out soon what the cause is.

Marybe, good luck with you other cataract op on Friday hope it goes as well as the first!

To everyone else, I hope you are well and if you are still doing active treatment I hope it's treating you gently.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

Chrissy, my condolences to your family.  It's a rough time; I'm so sorry you have to go through this while also caring for DD & family - it must stretch you a bit to manage all, and when you had such plans for Easter too... my thoughts are with you all.  Healing for mind and body, light for the soul, and love for the heart.

Marybe, good luck with your next surgery -- take care of yourself!

Barbe, I hope you're recovered from your scope; Mazie I hope it goes well today.

Connie, don't skimp on the new bathing suit if you really want it. 

Amyjo, I hope things are settling in your area.

All our southern and midwestern sisters, I hope you escaped the terrible storms.  Such devastation, my heart goes out.

Lisa, enjoy Spain!

To all, I wish you Well.

edited to add, a year ago today I had my IDC surgery... time flies!
  • Elisimo

To all my sisters:

Red Rose

Joy and blessings, Amy Jo 

• barbaraa

Lovely.

• 3jaysmom

just stopping by to say HI!!! Chrissy, hang in there this wkend. love to all!     3jays

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hope everyone has managed to escape the storms, have seen the devastation on the news.

• Cyborg
    Cyborg Member Posts: 192

These flowers are so dang pretty.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Love the flowers, Amyjo.  Haven't seen anything on the news about the Raleigh area, so hoping all made it through this storm safely. 

Kathy

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

Amy Jo..lovely photos, you're lucky to have roses out already...mine aren't even in bud yet...that is, apart from one VERY early flowering one thats flowering its little heart out, and is a picture. Its called Canary Bird..a single canary yellow rose, flowers absolutely smothering the bush. It'll all be over and done next week, and won't flower again until this time next year.

Barbe, pleased your procedure is behind you, but, as Chrissy says the reason for your pain is unanswered. 

Marybe, thinking of you for your second cateract op. tomorrow. Hope all goes well. Look after yourself.

Just been getting all my tomorrow mornings chores out of the way...washing up dog and cat dishes, sorting out washer, dryer and dishwasher. I want to have absolutely nothing to do for most of the day. I want to be glued to my TV to watch the Royal wedding from start to finish !! I've had G/son move my 'best' TV into the kitchen, I can't watch TV thru' the day in the sitting room, always too bright. I can't watch in the comfort of my conservatory, as it really is in full sun, and not even worth switching TV on during the day, I just can't see the picture. I have moved myself a big comfy armchair in and will sit there all day, drinking coffee 'til it comes out of my ears. I do love these big royal occasions. The whole country has been given a days holiday, tho' some employers are ignoring it (me included !!!! but, my helper says she will come in early, get everything done for me and get off back home) She will be here at 5am, the animals will have a fit being fed at that unearthly hour... she is proving to be a very good conscientious worker....must be to come in when she doesn't have to, tho' I was SO glad when she offered. I would have been all day trying to sort everything out.

My walking is pretty bad this week. I actually got a letter this morning from the people who organise operations, telling me my GP had written to them about me ( I presume asking about the delay, I don't know I haven't seen her for a few weeks. She never told me she was going to chivvy anyone up about my delay ) I was asked to ring a number to discuss which hospital I would like to go for my 'neurosurgery op' I somehow forgot all about making the call today, won't get thru' tomorrow being a public holiday, then there's a weekend, then Monday is another public holiday, May Day, so the country will grind to a halt now for 5 days.I shall have to write myself a very large note, prop it up infront of the 'phone and try and call Tuesday, can't miss the opportunity to get a move on now ! The list of hospitals I have been given is a very good list. All, apart from one, are private hospitals, which'll mean better care, and best of all for me ,  individual rooms. I paid to go private for my BMX,  I didn't want to be sharing a room at a time like that, and our two National Health hospitals are 'grubby', for want of a better word, always feel like a shower whenever I come out of either one of them. I had considered paying for my spine op., but when I saw the exhorbitant cost I thought again...but, looks like I will get the same private care now that I had considered paying for.

Well, its off to bed for me ,, its half past midnight, and I want to be up for 7am...hahaha...my usual time is 9am, so we shall see.

Isabella.

• Elisimo

Kathy - we are fine for the most part here in Raleigh. We had 2 neighborhoods that were hit hard, but the rest of the area has poured out overwhelming support and provisions for those that were affected by the storms.  The Samaritan's Purse Organization has been using our church as the base HQ for the county and helping the areas with clean-up and finding accomidations where needed. We have been making bags of necessities to hand out to those in the areas and have opened our Community Center with showers for people to come get showers and clean clothes and have been distributing bottles watter to the families and the workers.  It has been a long couple of weeks.

• susgul
    susgul Member Posts: 104

Isabella, I, too, will be watching the wedding.  I hope I'm able to stay awake.  Being on the west coast of the US, I'll end up being up all night!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Good news! Scan shows Stable! And all is well with my brain. I'll probably seen an ENT to find out about the vertigo, but at least it's not mets.

And - mazel tov to the royal couple.

Leah

• Elisimo

Leah - what great news!  Doing the Happy Dance for you!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Wonderful news, Leah !

• 3jaysmom

i forgot it was Friday, and i have a pt appt with le therapist. shes sorting out le/ms symptoms, one i can't miss!! so, ill be watching it as recorded, while im gone, ill record it.. so, it may be jumbled up, but i won't miss it, at least.

Isabella; im gonna look for the canary bird here. we have a tradition with yellow roses in our family. my grandpa never called my nan anything but "rosebud" and, i have them here, as do all my family. but that one sounds lovely. roses do really well here, as do orchids...   enjoy your day tommorrow, ladies...

Marybe: tape it, then you can watch it sat or sun. when you've recoup from your eye surgery..     3jays

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

We are having a wedding party. Have made the cake.

Here in NZ and Australia we are very used to watching things through the night, when we play sport against England over there its always going to be the middle of the night for us as are most royal events. This Royal Wedding is not too bad a time being in the morning in London.

Must think about some dinner as friends are coming over later on.

Hope you all enjoy the spectacle of the wedding tonight, its something the Brits do with real style..