Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

thanks Chrissy..................She is a cutie.................and glad to hear your going to be spending time with your daughters and 4 grandsons...............

I will probably spend mind with one of them most likely the youngest......she is the one whose children I watched while she worked for 12 years....It is my grandson, and his sister, she is 10........My daughter and I just had breakfast together after she brought me home from Rads....I'm on #10, and doing pretty good so far.........My son takes me the first 3 days of the week, and my daughter the other 2........I keep telling them I am perfectly capable of doing this myself, but they won't hear of it............I have to say I do enjoy the ride the company, and the little extra attention, since I lost my husband and live alone.........But I'm hanging in there, because of my family and wonderful people like you..........hugs to you.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I agree with you Ducky, having company while you are doing rads is a good thing and yes we all know that it's possible to do these things on our own but sometime we really appreciate the extra attention.......  I am also extra close to two of my grandsons as they lived with me for two years when they were young and we had the time to form an extra special relationship.  They are now 15 and 13 and we have a great time together.....and some very interesting conversations.....lol.  They have been staying with me for the last week while their mum and grandfather were away at my FIL's funeral so I am heading to the city tomorrow to take them home and be there for Sunday..........and saying that, I best head off to bed or it will be time to get up before I put my head down........lol......it's 2.30am here.

Good night and God bless.  Love n hugs to all.  Chrissy

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254

Barbera...Good luck..give em heck

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. My hubby and I  will be gone camping til sunday evening. I will try to catch up then. Hugs and Luvs, Mazy

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

I just wanted to wish all the mums a Happy Mothers Day. Have a great weekend!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Lisa, Welcome back dear friend! You were missed & the pictures sent via Barb (thanks!) are fabulous! Can't wait to see more & hear more of the lovely details.

ducky ~ My DH worked it out w/his boss during my Rads & he took me every day, I had late afternoon appointment. I told him in the beginning he didn't have to do that, Hospital Center only 10 mins away, but in the end, I was very glad for the company. It was so nice to come out of the changing room & see his smiling face there waiting for me. I am so glad your children do that for you, how wonderful they are. How is the boobie holding up so far? 

And, I, like you, ducky, love the warmth & love on this thread. We don't need to be nasty to each other, we are all going through the same thing & need support, not stress & back-stabbing. Thank you again, Chrissy, for starting this!

Have fun camping, Mazy! I did that for years & loved it.

Love to Barb & Marybe.

Love & hugs to all!!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

welcome home Lisa.. lok forward to the stories to go along with the oicd.. thanks to you and barb, we were kept well informed. thanks.. hope you had a WONDERFUL trip!!!   3jays

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Valjean.......A heartwarming story from you, and I must admit, I do enjoy the company on the ride to, and the ride from.  Only about 15 minutes for me too..

My son is funny, I see the Dr. on Tuesday, and he moves closer to the place where I am being treated on that day...........otherwise he sits in the further waiting room...He says "in case they need me for someting, Mom"...and when I come out whoever it is that is with me says "one more down Mom"............The support is wonderful.

I too like you Valjean, and yes the ladies here are truely "ladies"  I too will say "thank you Chrissy" one of the nicest forum's on this website. Happy Mother's Day

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

Am much too tired to post tonight....I have not got myself woken up since early Wednesday morning, it has really taken me down !!!! I have a good excuse now not to do much for a few days.

Barb glad you gave RO the old heave ho...these damned condescending Drs get to me.

Chrissy glad your DD is progressing OK now.

Lovely day here today, I pulled up my recliner, put up my sun umbrella  ( unheard of normally in UK in May) and started to read a book this afternoon. I fell asleep pretty quickly....I THINK.... and it was soon time for tea. Had an unexpected 'phone call wanting to know if I had any puppies for sale, I had just one left ready to go right now, so had to bounce up quickly and bath it ready for off. So there went my last puppy, no more babies to look after at the moment. I have another litter, nearly 3 weeks old now, which I shall be able to look after in a week...'til then I am having a puppy free week. I was just glad to get a sale for the last puppy in the litter, one on its own gets all clingy.

Isabella. 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Will pop by later and post a longer note.

We are about to take MiL out for lunch - it would be impoosible tomorrow.

Have a good day and bug hugs to all and yes I love the peace of this thread.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Welcome back, Lisa!  We so enjoyed the beautiful pictures you sent and Barb posted!  Can't wait to hear more details of your trip, either. 

Ducky, you're almost a third through and it's good to hear things are going well!  I agree that this thread is a warm, supportive place to be, and I truly think we're a group of very fine women here.  

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers here!

Kathy

• 3jaysmom
    HappyMothersDayMyFriend!
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

This is the Alcazar at Segovial..I just love it

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms here.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Barb - Congrats for getting rid of that RO that was not doing you any good.

Lisa - Welcome home, I have so enjoyed all the pictures that Barb posted for you. Now looking forward to the details of the trip.

Marybe - Hope you are doing well and no SEs

3jays- hope you are feeling better.

HUGS to all.

I had a wonderful time on my short visit to NYC with DesignerMom.  Had my treatment today so I am homebound for the next few days.  That may be a good thing as I need to rest up before my trip to Myrtle Beach next weekend.

Here is a picture of DM and Me from earlier this week. For those that have not met her here on the BCO she is a wonderful lady and I am so glad to have her for a friend.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k495/grammie89/AmyJo5-3-11003.jpg 

• 3jaysmom

amy jo!!! a beautiful picture of you! and of, Designer mom, as well... it really Does help to "see" eac other when we're writing  lol   Happy Mothers' Day to anyone who's a mother, and lets remember the ones who are waiting for us when we get there!!    3jays

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

Love the pix AmyJo - it's really great of you both; and so glad you got to spend time with DM in NYC.

I'll join you in one of those margaritas. I'm pre-DerbyDay celebrating today; tomorrow is Derby Day, then it's Mother's Day, so I've got the weekend party covered.... hah.

Lisa, so glad you're home safely - what a wonderful trip. You must have had so much fun!

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Amy Jo--Love the pic and the new avatar!!!  Y'all both look great! 

Lost Creek, just wrote myself a note to NOT FORGET the Derby tomorrow!!  I love to watch it and would like to see a Triple Crown winner again too.  Haven't decided on a favorite yet and have never bet any money on one (give me those slot machines, though!) but I do like to watch the races. Wouldn't mind having a margarita as I watch, either!

Kathy

• 3jaysmom

im watching for the WOMAN jockey.. we haven't seen that in the derby, eh?    3jays

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Love the picture,AmyJo!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Amy Jo such a lovely picture.

• barbaraa

Great pic AJ! Love seeing you smiling!  I need to be sure to watch the Derby also. I should set my alarm or something. How about some mint juleps? Here in Tampa, we have a Cuban drink similar to a mint julep but made with rum...a mojito. See the pic after the julep. Both are yummy.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

They look yumm Barb!  When I come over there I'll have to give both a taste.

• socallisa

I saw "Secretariat" on the plane coming home..I am now inspired to watch the derby today...sounds like a fun time...

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

Oh hooray, we're having our own Derby party!  I generally arrange my day to 'watch' the whole pre-race show; sometimes they have really good back-stories; other times just a lot of beautiful horses on beautiful farms.  Today I'm rooting for Rosie ___  the female jockey (only the 6th female to ride in the Derby)  - she's 23, from NJ.  The horse she's riding is Pants on Fire. What a name, eh? Some of the horses names just crack me up.

3jays I hope you are feeling better!

• barbaraa

L_C, I am rooting for her also. AND the trainer is a woman, too.!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Barbara, L-C, How can we not root for such a combination?  Me too!

• socallisa
  • socallisa

They're off

• socallisa
  • socallisa

OK so I took those in Saratoga but who cares