Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

They are GREAT!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Good pics of the horsies Lisa.......real action shots!

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Watching the Pre-Derby show.  There are a lot of beautiful horses in the field for today. It would be hard to to pick one, so I guess it is a good thing that I do not bet on the horses. I just like to watch them rum.  I have a friend that breeds and raises thorobreds. She owns Southern Cross Ranch. 

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

go pants on fire!!!! 3jays

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

"watch them rum", Amyjo?  Enough margaritas for you; on to the mojitos!Cool

• Elisimo

I think it is nap time then on to the mojitos with some cheesy beef nachos.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Thank you to everyone for reminding me about Mother's Day - it's a completely different date here so without reminders I wouldn't know to call my mother tomorrow.

Leah

• 3jaysmom

so, pants on fire ended up being a dud!! oh well, so much for womens' lib.. at least she made it to the big one..doesn't look like his pants was on fire, at all.. very lacking on the home stretch. I did love the "back " story of the guy, and the horse, who DID win it, though. great Derby! off to make fajitas.. those mojitos would be perfect, Barbara. so have one for me!!!   3jays

• Elisimo

If Barb runs out I still have the margarita as back up plan. Amimal Kingdom was is a wonderful looking animal and had the strength and spirit to win.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

I love mojitos! My DD makes them soooo good!

Thanks for leaving me some Margaritas!

• Dilly

Marybe, how was the wedding?  How are you feeling?

I'm thinking the BarbA-Marybe-AmyJo European tour might be a real adventure - an epic. I hope you can work out the logistics.  What a story.

• DREAM & REDEEM from American Express apps.facebook.com Check out my photo at the Memorable Miles photo contest from American Express. Vote for my entry and help me win 100,000 miles!

Please vote for me on this and then I really will be making a trip for sure if I have 100,000 miles to do it with. 

• Lost, The wedding was very nice....not as exciting as the Gypsy wedding Isabella attended but very nice.  I never thought the bride was exceptionally attractive, but boy was she ever a beautiful bride....and I do not buy that all brides are beautiful, She was. Her dress was not overdone and it just suited her to a tee.   The neatest thing was the favors....on each table there was a silver frame which had a topic written in it....Romance, Women Authors, Science Fiction, Cooking, etc....and then the frame was at the side of a pile of books in the center of the table, all pertaining to that topic and there was a flower arrangement on top.  Each guest got to take a book home as a favor from the wedding.  I lucked out and was seated at the table where Cooking was the topic and I brought home an Indian cookbook.  Seems both the bride and groom are avid readers so I thought that was a pretty unique idea.  Food was good and everyone seemed to be having a good time, including the father of the bride, my boss. 

• Elisimo

L_C - A trip anywhere with BarbaraA, Marybe, and me would be an adventure, an international trip might have the possibility of turning into an international incident!

• chrissyb

Amyjo, I just love your new avatar!

• 3jaysmom

maryybe, im so glad you had a good time at  the wedding. AND a cookbook!!! dreams do come truehahaha

• chrissyb

I'm off to see the Dermatologist shortly as I have some funny little things growing on my scalp.  Keep your fingers crossed for me that they are not scalp mets.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Psoriasis! Exzema! Sebbhorrea! Dandruff!

Best of luck Chrissy.

Leah

• chrissyb

Thanks Leah.  It's not any of those these are raised  and the biggest one is now starting to peep throught my thinning hair......ugh!  Will keep you posted.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Good thoughts and prayers going your way, Chrissy!

Kathy

• Elisimo

Chrissy {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} Love and prayers to you.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

I got warts on my scalp

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611

Oh Chrissy - hope you get good answers that are quick and easy fixes! Hugs!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    Crissy, praying for you girlfriend.........Wink
  • Dilly

Warts sounds good; that's what I'll pray for you, Chrissy!

I never thought I'd say that with such love. Innocent

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Prayers headed your way, Chrissy. ♥

I just noticed the picture you've posted at the top, oh my, it is beautiful.

Calgon, take me away....

• chrissyb

Thanks girls for all your prayers and good thoughts.......I think they must have worked as I have just arrived home (at DD1's house) and the news is all good!  They are called Seborrhoeic Keratosis.......weird name..........and the doc has frozen them so they should fall off on a couple of days.....Yay!!!!  She gave me a full body skin check while I was there and the only other thing of concern was a small spot on the front of my left ear where it meets the cheek so she has biopsied that and I will get the results on Monday week when I go back to see her.  She's thinking BCC (Basell Cell Carcinoma) of which I've had many so to me no biggy there either.......Phew!!!!

• Cyborg
    Cyborg Member Posts: 192

Thinking of you , Chrissy.

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254

Chrissy, So glad to hear you are okay. I am just really catching up after being gone all weekend. You are such a sweety and I hope the biopsy that you are waiting for is clear also. God bless. HUgs and luvs, Mazy

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{CHRISSY}}} All the good thoughts came up B9!