Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Phyllis, so sorry you have this infection.  You'll be in my thoughts--that can be pretty painful also.  I give you permission to do absolutely nothing.  Hope this new antibiotic helps.  Lots of fluids too. 

Thanks to all who posted such beautiful pictures.  They are a good way to start the day!

Dragon (Lynda)

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

If it is cellulitis,don't fool around with it, my surgeon threw me in the hosp. for IV antibiotics..she said you have to catch it early

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Trying again--
  • QCA

Well, it posted, but needs to be resized.  I guess I'm just not meant to do this!

Phyllis, I'm sorry about the infection and hope you'll be doing better very soon.  You're certainly in my thoughts and prayers.  Is anyone still with you besides your daughters?

3jays, you're always on the prayer list too, and I hope someone will be able to do something so you can go to Mecca.  You've been counting on that for so long and you deserve it so much.

AmyJo, I'll say again that Micah is absolutely a beautiful child!

Hey to everybody--looks like a storm is going to  come so I'd better close down the computer!

Kathy

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

QCA, you're doing great and much better than me!. You'll get the hang of pix - as it is, the fun shone through just fine.

Phyllis, I hope you're on the mend.  3jays, you too!

Amyjo, Micah is just what QCA said - absolutely a beautiful child.  You must be just over the moon.

Isabella, how is your mouth healing?  And how's your back?  Has your adrenaline receded yet from your close call?  Some drivers are real jerks, and go on their way unconscious & unconcerned.

Made more pickles today; it looks like that's what everybody will get for Christmas. 

I just learned my niece's boyfriend's mother hands out her gift-want-list like she was one of the "Real Housewives of..." - I was shocked to hear that niece was expected to buy this woman an expensive kitchen gadget-appliance for her birthday.  Niece & boyfriend struggle to pay rent and bills as is, and the mom knows this .... funny how some folks are...

Tomorrow we may take the "new" little boat  (we still have to name her) - out to the lake for the afternoon.  He's just built a better trailer for it, and has to go to Dept Motor Vehicles to get the trailer registered, and then he is so anxious to get out on the water.... So, although I'm a bit reluctant - so much of what he considers fun involves what I consider work.... It'll probably end up being wonderful, and a good trial run before Neph2 comes home for a couple weeks before shipping out. Then, we're planning a big family picnic, boat, floating stuff, maybe a potato cannon.... something fun at the lake, mid-week, during the next couple weeks.  So I might as well put on my happy face and get with the program.Cool

My best to Everyone.

ETA, as ever, I loved the pictures. They are wonderful.

• socallisa

A boat sounds like fun LC..

• mazie1121
    mazie1121 Member Posts: 62

Micah James is so adorable!  I'm loving being a new grandmom too with Audrey Elizabeth born 8/4 and Olivia Anne on May 23.  Now I know how all you other grandmom's felt.  It's great!

Marianne

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I got a double-hit of grands yesterday!! My DD is returning to work soon, so yesterday was a test-run of the sitter. I got to see Zach (11 mos) before he went, and then when we picked him up. He was joyous!! Still very happy, just hadn't slept yet. He reached for DD and then when in her arms, TWICE reached for ME!!! It made my heart sing!!!!

Then, while DD was getting her hair done at her own house, my DS dropped in with his wife and baby in tow. I held George (5 mos), who resists sleeping so much and next thing you know he was nestled under my chin fast asleep!!! Surprised everyone, probably George himself!!

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195

Barbe, you do NOT look old enough to have children old enough to be married and have children of their own!

You go, gf! Wink

• barbe1958

Thanks Martha, my oldest is 30!!! I REMEMBER 30!!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hey barbe................I'm 76, and I can barely remember 75....................Just kidding...............enjoy those "grands" they grow up so fast......................I have 18.....ages 28 to 10..............and 2 great-grands 5 months old.................twins. odentical at that, and their mother is an identical twin also...............God is good.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    Ok, barbe............that was suppose to be identical.......................Oh my heavens now where did I put that bottle of Vodka.....................................Undecided
  • barbe1958

That was very Oedipal of you ducky!!!! Freud would be interested to know....

• socallisa

There are still some roses around..but they are dwindling here..

• dragonflymary

Lisa, another gorgeous photo.  Love that color orange.  Perks up my day!

• socallisa

thanks, it would look alot better with a smaller advertisement on top of it...

and one that didn't flash...

• dragonflymary

Oh that's so funny--I didn't even notice at first!!  It's like a pill bottle in the garden!

• Dilly

Lisa, on my screen the ad isn't on top,  so I can really enjoy the light and color of the rose. Maybe others are the same.

• QCA

Lisa, I don't see the ad either.  It's a beautiful photo.

Kathy

• socallisa
  • valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Oh, Calgon take me away...........right to that river............with my book & a tall bottle of water.

Beautiful Lisa.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262

Valjean - can I join you with my glass of tea and soft music?

Beautiful place Lisa.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Amyjo ~ You betcha! And a soft blanket to sit upon.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

ahhh.reminds me of my childhoow in Mass. i still miss the natl forest; which was only 1/2 mile away. spent many "skip" days there!!!   thanks for all the well wishes, ladies. unfortunately, it can take MONTHS for this darn synthyroid to kick in.. lets' just hope for faster results!!! i wanna go.....3jays (whining)

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

((3jays)) I so hope this will kick in for you!

• Dilly

here's hoping for you 3jays.  Folks must already be packing for Sept., and we will all be glad to see pix of the gathering.

BarbA, safe travels, and have a great time on your upcoming jaunt!

• barbaraa

Thanks, L_C. Boarding pass is printed, laundry is almost done and I am almost done packing. So on Sunday around 2:30 EDT lift a glass to KonaKat and eat some chocolate cake in her honour.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

That's 9:30 PM here so I hope to "join" you.

Um, I'm assuming you're talking 2:30 PM EDT....

Leah

• barbaraa

Yes, Leah, 2:30 PM EDT. The mods shipped a BCO banner to Enjoyful and we will hang it and take pictures!

• socallisa

wish I could r remember where I took this...hmmmm

nice spot to stop and have a rest