INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

That's good news Nancy...........I know how stressful it is to have to leave them even for a day or two.  It doesn't happen very often here but sometimes it can't be avoided.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Chrissu glad the sun has come out at last, it's been absolutely beautiful here in So Cal.  Nancy I have been dealing with cat issues, someone has dumped about 6 cats in our neighborhood, one of them has won me over but our oldest (and really cranky) doesn't want another cat around so there is lots of hissing and growling going on.  She is so ornery that we got a kitten 5 years ago, he is a ginger tom and he is massive now but every day she hisses at him and this morning he was sleeping and she walked past him and gave him a swat, just because, poor boy he is so dim he doen't have a clue he could take her out withone swat. 

• chrissyb

Oh Cheryl I have one of those boss cocky cats as well......she is a very small cat and is getting old nearly 18 and she rules the roost.  The other cat of the big cat that I posted a pic of a few pages back and she is just plain dumb.....maybe it has something to do with size......but the little one walks past her and gives her a swat even if she's sound asleep!  Needless to say, before Miss Puss enters a room she stops at the door and scopes out the place to make sure it's safe.......their antics just crack me up!!!!

• chrissyb

Over the years I have had many cats and I can honestly say that they have all been different in both looks and personality.  I just don't understand why people who have anilmals can't do the right thing by them and have them neutered if they don't want offspring.......to me that is just plain common sense!

• hbcheryl

Chrissy, Samantha is 18 as well, she's a birder and she brings home "gifts" I've learned to close my bedroom door at that time of year, can't tell you how many times I've come home to feathers scattered everywhere.  Thought she was going to die last year as she ate a bad bird, she got sooooo sick but no, after a week of everyone hovering over her and worrying she just rallied and this year was back at it again!!!!!!

• chrissyb

My Sookie is a mouser but last spring she found herself a burrow of rabbits so for a few days she bought me a gift but luckily she left it out on the patio.  I think she has a little altzheimers as sometimes latelty she gets disoriented and just yells untill I talk to her then she comes for a pat and then goes to her chair to sleep.  Other than that she is a healthy little thing.

• hbcheryl

I don't understand the dumping, these cats that have appeared are well taken care of or rather were well taken care of, my neighbor took in a black kitten and in the past week another black cat has appeared and she thinks it's her cats mother so she's taken that one in.  Nancy there are two that look like your avatar and then there is the one I've fallen for, she is ugly as all sin part persian, tiny grey/tan but has the sweetest personality. 

• chrissyb

When they bring you gifts they are feeding you which means that you are their family.....so cute!  I love it, well sort of, when they 'feed' you.....lol

• hbcheryl

I'll troll back and find your cat Chrissy.  Pity you don't live close to me Nancy I'd take care of your baby while you traveled, are you going anywhere exciting?

• chrissyb

Nancy, do you have a boarding cattery where you live?   Sometimes they come in handy for when you are away for the week.

• hbcheryl

Oh Chrissy I just found the pic of you baby, she's beautiful and I saw where you are coming to the US, by any chance are you going to be in the LA area, I'm 35 miles south of Los Angeles airport, half way between LA and San Diego would love to meet up if you're going to be in the area.  Nancy I don't envy the Arizona trip one of my goddaughters goes to ASU and she's doing an internship in Phoenix this summer, she loves it there.

• chrissyb

Nancy, him chasing other animal is just being territorial not neccessarily because he doesn't like them.  Some catteries have individual pens with runs....well they do here.....as there is a great likely hood there would be fights over the 'territory' which is a normal thing.

• chrissyb

Cheryl, I will be in LA for a couple of days on my way home as I leave from LA.  I would really love to catch up!

• chrissyb

Nancy he sounds very normal to me....lol  We need to put our heads together and work out where and when.  Because I don't know the area at all, I'm planning on staying at the hotel at ot near the airport..... just so I don't get lost....lol

• Mouse6
    Mouse6 Member Posts: 68

Hey...is this where the insomniacs are hanging out tonight? Don't know what happened. I was soooooo tired and now I'm wide awake and have the silly cancer on the brain....again!

• hbcheryl

Yes sireee bob, I'd be happy to drive up and take you around, oh that's exciting let me know your schedule when you'll be here etc...  my BFFs sister is arriving from England next friday with a cousin and they are going to be here for 3 weeks so I'll be tour guiding - only place I won't go is Disneyland - will drive them to the front gate, will pick them up when they call but I've been there sooooo many times just can't do again.  Tomorrow I have to do that "company is coming" cleaning am not looking forward to that, like it t be tidy when they arrive don't care if it's a tip 10 minutes after they get here and have to clean the windows, can't use the excuse "oh I'll wait I think it's going to rain" cause it's summer!!!!!

• chrissyb

Hi Mouse, yup this is the place, welcome.......join in any ole time you like.

• hbcheryl

Oh Nancy you too, fun, fun, fun is in our future.  Hey Mouse don't you just hate when that happens.

• chrissyb

Cheryl I promise you I don't want to see Disneyland! I want to see the country au naturale!

I love you window washing excuse! hahahahaha!

• anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

Spider was a black widow, and Tickles attacked and ate it. Our poison control center is useless they had me call ER. I am blessed that I was a PA, &  use lots of homeopath treatments. The salt and thyme poultice draws the nasty stuff and I am still not sure about the avocado liniment, but it helps with my RA hands, arms, back and knees. It is flat & you can see the 2 punctures...I kill them if they invade my space but I have wolf spiders that take care of my vaulted ceiling...they come down and they are dead. The cat is taking antibiotics so I am sure he is ok.

This should not surprise me, 10 yrs ago I had a deer tick, I got it but 1 leg had to be removed; had the rash - ER sent me home. Family doc was on vacation, so I tracked him down. He was really angry they sent me home- he called in 6 weeks of antibiotics!  I cannot remember where but there is a study about Lou Gehrigs, Alzheimers and MS that they are finding the same bacteria in the brain in autopsies and it attacks nerve endungs like syphillis does!

Chrissy I will get the list out tonite.

Boss left on vacation and the guys are into their games ...punch in and out for 30 min lunch but take 1.5 hrs, leave to go buy lunch then punch out for lunch. The one guy is an abuser & unstable screaming irrationally, not wanting to do his assignment; yep then trying to smooth talk his way like it was a misunderstanding. He has had 2 assualt charges in last 2 years but victim did not pursue it. I cleaned a dept heads office today in his area; this is #2 I have done. Everything is nasty, marks on walls, light switch plates brown build up, chairs cover in dirt at arms& legs, and the door was brownish( actually cream colored). I started wiping and cleaning, dusting, waxing the desk & cabinets, sprayed & rinsed the carpet, magic erasers to the door and walls, scrubbed conference table; I should have been able to go in and just do the carpet. The guy whom has this area said Mr R loves his office,& "guess this how WE will be doing offices now" It took everything I had not to punch him. There can be a foot print or hand print on a door or wall - he will walk past it several days and never touch it; he then ridicules me for doing my walls & doors as I do my rounds. I told my boss I have detailed his area for the second time(he was gone a week) & I will go to his boss if he doesnt deal with this. The best part is the 2 that do not complete their areas have called his boss to complain...this should be good!

I have all 6 babies & Tickles has the sad baby face, cooing and pulling my blanket off me.

Hmm! NO food talk tonite, I should probably get cheesecake (actually not bad for instant low cal no fat no sugar or sweetener, just added whole milk plus I have strawberries sliced & sweated with 2 tsp natural sugar to 2 cups of berries...this was grannies way to do them.

• chrissyb

I will be in LA around the end of the first week or the second week in October....hopefully it will be a little cooler by then.

• chrissyb

Anum, that cheesecake sounds interesting, would you port the recipe for me please?  Oooo Black Widow, Oh my!  Are you feeling okay now or do you still have symptoms from the bite?

• hbcheryl

Yes Nancy we can tag team her.  No food talk tonight but I can tell you I ate something very interesting yesterday.  I have Vietnamese friends and they bought me two sweets last night, don't know what in the heck one of them was - it was yellow and gelatanous and I ate it and then tonight I had the 2nd offering which was mango in coconut milk and it was delicious.

• chrissyb

Nancy, thank you for your offer of a bed and I will definitely keep that in mind as I make my final preparations.  I have the 1st draft itinerary and there are a few things that need to be changed but I need to contact all those who have offered for me to stay with them to confirm that is still okay before I give the final yes to go ahead an book the ticket.  As for what to see, well I like to do everything that a tourist would not do as I'm not a fan of great crowds.  I like to go native so to speak and see the places you deem mundane because they truly are the heart of a country.

• chrissyb

Cheryl those desserts sound tasty.  I wonder if they would give you the recipes......here I go again.....I just can't help myself when I hear of food that is different.....lol.....I have so many recipes that I think if I live another twenty years I could probably cook something different every day and still have more to do!

• MRDRN
    MRDRN Member Posts: 177

Chrissy.  Thanks for the response...wow..I seem to be meeting more and more ladies who are stage 4 and had no lymph nodes at dx.  So have you been living with bone pain for 8 yrs?  How do you do it?  You are a very positive person it seems.  Do you have pain today? I finally made a follow up appt with the Onc that I saw one time a year ago.  I truly am in awe of all the ladies on this board with so much more experience that I in living after diagnosis.  

Had a nice happy hour (Half off wine bottles :) and dinner and planned on a full nights sleep...first time I drank wine with dinner in awhile.  Went to sleep at 10 two hours later my son came home from Harry Potter but glad he is not sleeping over a friends ;) 

Sas...I loved the lyrics you posted ..thanks and am going to find that musical

• hbcheryl
    Ah Chrissy, you mean my kitchen for a nice cup of teaWink we could drive down the coast to Laguna Beach or San Diego or up to Lake Arrowhead or up to Santa Barbara all doable as day trips, too exciting.
  • Mouse6
    Mouse6 Member Posts: 68

Omg...did someone say cheesecake?! Don't tempt me to raid my fridge in desperation...I've been so good this week but now my tummy is growling! Anyone feeling anxious tonight or just not sleepy?

• hbcheryl

I have my mammogram tomorrow so I have a bit of scanxiety.  I too love cheesecake but alas don't have any in my fridge.  Chrissy they bought them for me, they brought me a tapioca cake last weekend I tried to find out how they made it but we have a very serious language barrier, sometimes I just smile and nod my head.....

• chrissyb

MRDRN I have a level of pain every day but having said that, I am so used to that level that I don' notice it unless it rises.  I also take boswellia serrata which is a natural anti-inflamatory which allows me to not to have to take pain meds all the time.  The pain I feel is more from arthritis than the bone mets, they, thank goodness seem to be well controlled at this time.  The mets were ' found'  2 and a half years ago but they were there at least eighteen months before that but I was being treated for something else and for a time it allieviated the pain from the mets.  But all is good now and that is the main thing.

Goodluck with your Onc appointment!  and glad your son arrived home safely from seeing Harry Potter.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy