INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• thats-life-
    thats-life- Member Posts: 169

my brother said to me recently to go with my gut feelings re food...he had a mint craving while he was living in japan for a while and feeling like crap and losing weight...he recovered. who knows... but he may be right...its true that i have been craving foods that i find out are cancer fighting foods. though i cant understand the cream filled sponge cravings im having...hehe

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Yes I'm off to bed got to get up with the sparrows in the morning - 5.30am, usually that's when I'm going back to sleep after my 4am bathroom wake up call.....

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chrissy-----I bet I can find it on our store shelfs. There are a fair amount of English thatlive here. I'll look and let you know.  Thanks for the offer though. I have a close friend from England --she will know where to get it. Surprised it hasn't moved into mainstream here. b/c of the b1 deficiency with alcohol. They make a big deal about letting smokers now about c deficiency

• thats-life-

sounds lovely alyson, enjoy

• sas-schatzi

Is a cream filled sponge a Twinkie?

• sas-schatzi

Have fun alyson

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Night Cheryl, sleep well!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy what is your treatment  for thrush------------My immune system has been wiped out since my last round of Keflex?

• thats-life-

no sas, a big cream sponge cake, with cream between the layers, and icing on top

• sas-schatzi

I have taken probiotics for years recently stopped b/c of the med I was on to treat the probelems that Keflex caused so, I'm on the treatment, for the treatment, for the treatment

• chrissyb

Nancy, it's not marketed as a suppliment but it does have thamine B1, riboflavin B2, niacin B3 and folate B9.

Shiela, TL is taking a 8" round sponge that is filled with strawberry preserves and cream and then topped with more cream and fresh strawberries.........actually TL, strange that you should mention that craving as I've been having that a lot lately as well.....lol

• sas-schatzi

Yum------looks kind of like what is called Bostom cream ---except the top is chocolate

• sas-schatzi

Our Local Publix's make that and calls it royal something and charges 23 $ a cake. big here on the holidays

• chrissyb

Sheila, I have been given a script for six months worth of Diflucan, one per day.  I must admit there are days when I think this is going well but there are also days when I think these are doing no good at all.   I guess I need to be on them a bit longer as it only been about six weeks and the yeast infection is systemic and been there for a long time so I guess it's going to take a long time to get rid of it.

• chrissyb

TL did you have to post that pic?   Now I really am craving a cream filled sponge and there is no where near I can get one.....WAH!!!!!!!    Gosh I'm doing a lot of whinging tonight!

• chrissyb

Ooo Nancy, I can't eat fake cream it makes me just about throw up!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy------diflucan no longer works on me. The Vyeast is under control , it's thrush --mouth sinus and esophagus. I was on a thing called ORAVIG for 7 weeks--------2 glasses of wine on Sat and IT"S BACK

The ps's here use a lot of Keflex pre&post op here and skin issues-------so our immune sustems get pretty messed up.

• thats-life-

nancy: ive heard so much about twinkies on american tv shows we have here, thanks for explaining them...chrissy, i want one too waaah...yes, very yummy sas...the CWA (country women's association) are renowned for their expert sponge making abilities, its an art...mine are usually flops...so i buy mine too chrissy :)

• sas-schatzi

It's 3 oclock I'm going to bed to I keep telling myself I have to work on the immune system and one thing is sleep. So even though I'm wide awake----i will try I'll give it and hour. If that doesn't work I will be back L&H"S goodnight Nancy, TL, Chrissy

• chrissyb

Sorry Sheila I must be lucky as I don't get thrush but I have used Gension Violet as a paint for the mouth when my kids had thrush as babies and it did clear it topically but I don;t know about systemic and yours would be considered systemic.

• chrissyb

Night Sheila, hope you manage to sleep! Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• thats-life-

sleep well sas x

• chrissyb

TL I could make one but I can't be bothered with the fussing they take right now, I'm not in the mood for cooking fussy  but it might just come to that a bit later if this dang craving don't pass soon!!!!!

• sas-schatzi

Yes I think I have to work  on the whole body. I'd be in real trouble if anything got serious again . which it could b/c this is about as depleted as I've ever been . I've never had thrush like this before. Even the ENT doc who has been treating me for six months suggests I go the natural probiotics route, but i'll add vegemite to the soup so to speak.

• sas-schatzi
    Cool
  • chrissyb

Nancy all the fake cream is is white vegetable shortening, powdered sugar and vanilla but I still don't like it!!!  Give me the real stuff any day!

• chrissyb

Well girls, I need to go and start preparing tea so I'll have to love and leave you for a while.  I'll check back in later and see who is still around.  Thanks for the conversation!  Nancy, it would just about be time for bed for you as you always have an early morning start.  Sleep well!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• thats-life-

me too chrissy,

thanks all of you for helping to keep my mind off the yucky day im going to have tomorrow at the funeral...its an early start, ive been on here for hours!..though have managed to clean the house and take my daughter and her friend to town in between posts...take care everyone :)

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,510
    You rang, SAS? Okay, it was 3 hours ago, but I'm around. Smile
  • anumacha
    anumacha Member Posts: 61

The cat is not helping me - I want his antibiotic for the UTI. One shot - temp gone in 3 hrs, no more urgency, no pink urine and he is making sure I did not leave the catnip treats at the vets. Office cat, Tony attacked my purse - yes he got treats. My guy has had several rewards for using pee pads.

Food I have been on low sodium diet for ny heart problems since 1974...yep I have dodged the surgery for all these years with no changes in anything. Vegi stuff is up there with ramen soup!

Boss leaves FRI for vacation, cant he take the guys with him. They are afraid of critters, bring back bugs for me to ID, cannot fix things, do not clean out equipment they use,and have difficulty following instructions. We all have things that take us outdoors, so I do mine early to avoid the mosquitoes or I wear long sleeves; not them they want supplied bug repellant. I am being to wonder about them.lol

MASTECTOMY PAIN - ok I am late putting this out here but pain meds did very little and I was back to work in the office in 4 days postop; and physical activity in 10 days. The pain meds did very little - they scrape out stuff, so the pain is unrelenting unless pain pills knock you out. VETERANS ADMIN has been using Elavil for nerve pain...it works. I had to increase my bedtime dose, but if I do not take it my arm and chest start hurting.  Also you will get muscle spasms, so you may need low dose muscle relaxant. There are other choices for nerve pain, VA uses it cause it is cheap and effective. Also they can add low dose mild tranquilizers to help boost effectiveness of pain meds. This is FYI - you have to talk to your doc and explore what will work for you!

The ALS has turned me into a 90 yr old, but I am doing ok. The bone pain gets me down, but it moves and my ONC tripled my pain meds. He told me the side effects will get easier to tolerate and may go away at my 1 yr or 18 month mark.

I bought oatmeal cookies...  watermelon...juice n whole grain pasta; yep canned cat food per the vet plus the no wheat or corn stuff they love for dry food. Cookie sounds good!

ok i am off to the kitchen and the OCD cats is looking for more catnip treats.