INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

How you doing tonight Shiela?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

okay Chrissy -----was today the funeral for TL 's friend or am I a day behind?

• sas-schatzi

That thing I posted about the lawyer on the financial forum , he really know his stuff. He just started it and he's up to page six.

• chrissyb

Hi Nancy!

Shiela, the funeral 7/15 was yesterday our time today is 7/16.  It gets confusing I know....lol

Nancy, it seems to be that same ol same ol when it comes to the Alternate threads which is a shame as there is some very good information being missed out on by others who can't tolerate too many chemicals.........sigh......all for the want of putting herself forward and big noting.  It's a shame.

• sas-schatzi

Nancy and TlL you must see the musical. Yes you are chasing windmills. Their mind is made up before the discussion starts. Any opposing view will cause pandemonium. So, why try? It only upsets you and you accomplish nothing.  I would like to ask what caused they mayhem, but see that would only rehash something that probably didn't have to be in the first place.  Let it be---Was it Paul or John----------oh I think it was Paul about his Mum having BC

• chrissyb

Nancy, I think a lot of what goes on when people lash out at others is they are really fighting themselves and are terrified that the decisions they are making are the wrong ones so they need to push others in that same direction so if they fail they can say why me?  there are heaps of others doing it too.

• sas-schatzi
    When I was younger I used to be the leader againt the unrightable wrongs. People no matter where I was would come and ask" are you going to the meeting". I couldn't stand injustice . always opened my mouth . People would back me up after the meeting was over-------stopped going to those meetings. Not worth it.
  • chrissyb

You are so right Shiela, I think you achieve way more by quietly working in the background than shouting from the roof tops.

• sas-schatzi

I used a phrase in describing my PS tonight that I've never used before. Tried to think of something that wouldn't get me reported

"Son of an ugly roach" alternate "son of an ugly cockroach"

How discriptive an belittling is that, pretty good eh?

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164

Hi girls, how is everyone tonight?  I know what you mean sometimes I read and get so confused.  My favourite Beatles song is Fool on the Hill but have you heard the country song "If Heaven wasn't so far away" it is truly a beautiful song, if I'm driving I usually sing along and cry.

• chrissyb

Hi Cheryl!

Shiela, that's a great descriptive for someone you don't particularly like.....lol

Nancy, I believe if a butterfly chases you that the spirit of someone you love is guiding it so you know they are okay.

• sas-schatzi

Well Chrissy -there does need to be someone to stand for injustice and be able to present a cohesive point of view. I used to be able to do that quite well. But at a given point the given group has to say yay or nay. In to many instances in different groups , they would be very happy for me to present, the before meeting consensus, but in front of the powers, they were to afraid to show support. They feared for their jobs. But if they let me do the hard part of stating the position and weren't willing to do their part by standing with me. I would stop being their front person. Let them work it out.

There were other groups that stood well with me and that was fun. I then stood well for them. Don Quixote was my idol.

• sas-schatzi

I was just going to ask about the butterfly . Nice

Hi cheryl

• chrissyb

Nancy I have known many people that that has happened to and usually when you speak the name of the person the butterfly breaks off and flys away.

Shiela, I think it all comes down to the commitment for change no matter the risk and as you say, not everyone is happy to risk anything.

• hbcheryl

Chrissy that is right, Nancy my friend passed from Ovarian cancer in 2005 and sometimes I'll be thinking of her and a white butterfly will appear, I just smile I know she's around.

• sas-schatzi

Well I'm working on being normal. So I'm going to bed --ready or not--------NOT.

But I can't make a change without trying----------Love to you all. Will signoff pretty quick.

• chrissyb

Night Sheila.......sleep well!!!

• hbcheryl

Night Sheila, sleep tight!

• chrissyb

We as a race (human) understand very little of what is around us.  Life and the persuite of it has clouded our connection to the spirits and their world.  All religions speak of the 'afterlife' but we have chosen to ignore it in this modern world.

• sas-schatzi

No I don't believe it is weak. The crowd will come around in time more slowly. Herd mentality. It's okay. IF you are in the forefront of change ,you must be surrounded by a few that will support that change, otherwise, you are alone in the wilderness. The herd will come along in time to the widerness and think __OH look what we have found.

• chrissyb

Lol Shiela....you are right.......the herd mentality.

• sas-schatzi
    NightCool
  • chrissyb

Night!

• chrissyb

Cheryl I haven't heard it either so I'll go check it out and be back......don't go away......to be continued.................

• hbcheryl

Okay I'll be here - I think it's #1 country song this week

• chrissyb

Ooo Yeah Cheryl.....i got where you are coming from with that song.......beautiful and poingant.  Oh and yes there were and are tears.

I'm glad Nancy that you feel that way and I think that's why and how your grammy came to you because you believe.

• hbcheryl

It really is beautiful makes me cry every time I hear it - oops sorry, didn't mean to make people cry.....

• chrissyb

Cheryl, no probs...........I'm easily bought to tears now....never used to be but for some reason for the last few years even a sad/poignant tv commercial will make them well......lol

• hbcheryl

Yeah Chrissy me too.  So is it cold in SA today?

• chrissyb

The sun is actually shining today, the first time for two weeks but the air is still cold.  I lit the fire a couple of hours ago so it's nice and warm inside