INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I swear to you Shiela it makes a HUGE difference so make sure you remember to get some!  Write yourself a note if you must but don't forget!   It's important to sleep!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chrissy------sister sue wants to know if you tried lemon on chops yet?

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

I'm so sorry, sas. I hope you find something that helps you. My onc nurse told me I could take Benedryl for my allergies. Has she led me astray? I need to look this up on WebMD or something. I take arimidex and I don't want to mess it up in any way. I already have massive SE's.

OK, chrissy, teach me to make slime soup!

• chrissyb

Slime soup..................in a saucepan saute a finely chopped onion and a little garlic until tender...don't brown.   Next add two cups of green peas (can be frozen but not canned) and cove with either chicken stock or vegetable stock.  Bring to the boil and turn down and simmer for 15 -20 mins or until the peas are tender.  Place in a blender and whizz until smooth.  Place back into saucepan and warm, salt and pepper to taste.  When you serve, place some parmesan cheese in to the soup and stir through......this will melt and create the slime!......it is sooooo yummy!!!

• chrissyb

Shiela I haven't done that yet as we don't often have lamb chops as they are hard for me to eat but I promise you I will get some this week and do that.

• sas-schatzi

Rohanna--do a webmd search or Epocrates. I just remember I was surprised and put it on my no use list----------used to remember the why's of everything ----now don't and to lazy to go back and look--------or just whatever----I know I wasn't happy with it,  and it went on the do not use list for me--------doesn't mean you can't use it--------

• rohanna

I LOVE new soup recipes!!!! Thanks, chrissy! I also have diverticulitis and have to be on a liquid diet for long periods of time. This sounds delicious. ( I cheated and had cheesecake for dinner twice this weekend!)

• rohanna

sas, I know what you mean. I've actually checked the same book out of the library twice in the last 3 months. Sheesh!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy--------don't eat something that's hard to eat for you. I think the concept of using lemon on lamb of a more tender nature is tranlatable. She was taught it by a butcher at a highend shop. Best tasting lamb I ever had. We didn't do it b/c I wouldn't pay the price for such a wee bit of meat. I'm cheap, my sister isn't

• chrissyb

Rohanna that soup was the favourite of my niece and nephew when they were little.  It is my brothers recipe (may he rest in peace) and it came about because that;s pretty much what he had in the kitchen at the time so the inventive cook in him decided to come to the fore and this was the result.  Simple, tasty and nutritious and cheap!

• chrissyb

Shiela, I love lamb chops but they take a bit more jaw movement to eat and I end up with a face ache...don't laugh.......so don't eat them often but I miss not eating them at all.

• sas-schatzi

Rohanna ---------I've been reading the same book for the last 2 years. Read each Harry potter book in 2 days--------big difference since brain scrambled

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy so Slime recipe is?

• RebeccaRaz
    RebeccaRaz Member Posts: 5

Hi, I am brand new here and to even the idea of cancer and couldn't sleep so I found you. Bless you! I am happy to talk recipes or any other thing until, gawd willing, I can sleep.

• rohanna

My daughter and I went to the last Harry Potter movie on Friday night. So sad it's over!!! I took a travel pack of tissues and sobbed through half of it. My DD grew up with the books and movies. It was so much fun to go to the midnight opening sales of the books. Oh well, at least I have The Hobbit movie to look forward to. Huge LOTR fan too!

• chrissyb

I used to love to read but find now that I rarely can get so focust on what I'm reading that I read the same thing over and over.  So I end up putting the book down.  I have been reading the same book for at least twelve months!

• chrissyb

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the allnight thread....lol......jump in when ever the fancy takes you.

Shiela, I posted the recipe on the page before this.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy-----I feel bad in a way- about talking to nancy and TL about trying to right the unrightable wrong------I spent my life doing just that and realize after trying to discourage them, I wouldn't have done it any different. Guess they will see this ----------hope so.  It's just since i'm now retired, I can say it's time for somone else to chase the windmill. I will C&P this to each of them in a PM.

• chrissyb

Shiela, no matter what we advise about anything, each and everyone of us make our own minds up regardless so don't feel bad you have just given them a heads up.

• chrissyb

Rohanna, I read 'The Hobbit'  and  'The Lord of the Rings' many years ago and have reread them many times sice and I am so pleased that they are finally doing the film of 'The Hobbit'.

• chrissyb

Hey! Where did everyone go?

• sas-schatzi

Hellooooooooooo Rebecca -we talk lots of stuff here sometimes stuff that makes sense--------LOL Join us , but only get serious if you are in trouble , then we jump in with whatever part of our brains are left. Otherwise , I like to believe we our in wonderland ------or Aussie land

• sas-schatzi

Rohanna ---------I'm addicted to Harry Potter. SO many thoughts, so many ways, so many beliefs

• chrissyb

I'm just going to warm through tea....I'll be back in about 5 mins!

• RebeccaRaz

Thannks, crissy. I've got some kind of wind chime thingy streaming here on my computer trying to make myself sleepy. I'm in a hotel room and that doesn't help either because I can't just go in the kitchen and stare into the fridge, which sometimes helps. 

• sas-schatzi

Rebecca --------where did you go? We really are sane. I was just pretending. or may be not -------feel like the Mad Hatter tonight

• rohanna

sas, I'm still upset about Hedwig, Dobby and Fred! Those Weasley twins are the cutest!

• sas-schatzi

Rohanna ---------are you here?

Rebacca?

• RebeccaRaz

I am not in trouble. It's just that I just found out that I'm going to need surgery--last week I was in for a simple call-back on a mammo and then--blam--biopsy time. Crappola! The doc said its the kind of bc that you want to have if you're gonna get it but I haven't had a second to process until now, when I'm alone in this stupid hotel for a conference. But the problem is worrying about going to sleep when I've gotta get up in 2 hours! Anybody read The Fan Man? It's really funny. 

• RebeccaRaz

I'm still here and this is getting serious. I just turned on the light!